Clubplanet Nightlife Community

WTF is up with all the newbies on DC-CP?

vicman

Originally posted by malanee

Hey Vic - I have tons of pictures of the DCCP crew - but no photo shop so they are all huge! Someone help me!!! :(

do you have type of program that would enabl eyou to view the pics on your computer?

if you do, chances are that there is some function that should allow you to re-size the pic and after doing that you can save them under a different name and post them up. I styill have like 5 more pics to take before i finsih the roll of film where i have pics of you all.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by sauvee88

:bounce::bounce:

Yep that's me..... I didn't talk to you on Fri night cause you were looking really INTO the music......

Hey Shady..... you coming out htis weekend??

Yes, I will be at Carl Cox. And possibly at 5 on Sat. I will be continuing my trend of the new and improved Sober Shady. I have also cut back on the smoking in an attempt to quit. So if I am a bit cranky, it is not you, it is the lack of drugs and substances in my body. Damn, maybe I should just stay in this weekend. :(

Originally posted by vicman

do you have type of program that would enabl eyou to view the pics on your computer?

if you do, chances are that there is some function that should allow you to re-size the pic and after doing that you can save them under a different name and post them up. I styill have like 5 more pics to take before i finsih the roll of film where i have pics of you all.

I think Win2000 and XP come with Microsoft Photo Editor, which will allow you to resize. Look in the Start Menu. Under Programs. Under Microsoft Office Tools. If you have MPE, you'll find it there.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

Yes, I will be at Carl Cox. And possibly at 5 on Sat. I will be continuing my trend of the new and improved Sober Shady. I have also cut back on the smoking in an attempt to quit. So if I am a bit cranky, it is not you, it is the lack of drugs and substances in my body. Damn, maybe I should just stay in this weekend. :(

so that still means you snort crazee glue and paint thinner with out remorse? :D

You should quit smoking. I had considered quitting the other stuff, but then I realized something: I like drugs.

I do - but it still shows up extra large on CP - even after I re-size it. Any idea why? Some of these pics are pretty good!

Originally posted by Kuro

You should quit smoking. I had considered quitting the other stuff, but then I realized something: I like drugs.

werd, i also like 'em, in fact i'm thinking of quitting my job and becoming a painter so that way i have an excuse to be drugged out 24-7 and people would support my habit

Originally posted by Kuro

I've had a total of two cigs in the past week. Although, getting sick made it easy to not smoke. But this Friday will be the ultimate test. I find that I HAVE to smoke in a club. My goal is to not smoke any cigs at all this week. And to smoke under a half pack at Buzz. If I can keep to those numbers, I will have considered this week a success. I'm not sure if I'm ready to quit completely yet. I may have to be one of those "weekend smokers" that I always laugh at and make fun of. :(

I do - but it still shows up extra large on CP - even after I re-size it. Any idea why? Some of these pics are pretty good!

is the file (size) so big, CP wount allow you to post them? Or will it just be a massive pic that will show up on everyones screen?

I've had a total of two cigs in the past week. Although, getting sick made it easy to not smoke. But this Friday will be the ultimate test. I find that I HAVE to smoke in a club. My goal is to not smoke any cigs at all this week. And to smoke under a half pack at Buzz. If I can keep to those numbers, I will have considered this week a success. I'm not sure if I'm ready to quit completely yet. I may have to be one of those "weekend smokers" that I always laugh at and make fun of. :(

you should gradually decrease the amount you smoke, not go cold turkey, but take it a stepo at a time, somking less each week. i u smoked 2 packs a day, try smoking 1 1/2 for a week then 1 for another etc, etc.

Resize them below 800x600 and they'll fit on anyone's screen.

BTW, that's 800x600 pixels. Sometimes, the program shows the size in inches, which is pretty much useless for computer viewing. Make sure you select pixels to get the size in pixels, and then resize to something like 640x480 or something. Make sure you keep the aspect ratio setting on. Then all you have to do is just set the width (640) of the picture, and it'll keep the height/width ratio the same and resize it automatically for you. Otherwise, you'll get a distorted picture.

is the file (size) so big, CP wount allow you to post them? Or will it just be a massive pic that will show up on everyones screen?

If I re-size them - I can upload them to CP - but they open up HUGE! I'm going to try the pixel thingee.

Originally posted by raver_mania

I was there with Amy and her friend. I wasn't right in front of the DJ booth though...ran into Rob.

I'll be there this weekend for Coxy!

I was wandering around for a good while since it was so crowded in front of the DJ booth. Of course, leaving the safe area in front of the DJ booth is probably why I got groped. I also spent a good portion of time just sitting down up on th third level. Sorry I missed you guys. Was Amy's friend cute?

If I re-size them - I can upload them to CP - but they open up HUGE! I'm going to try the pixel thingee.

It also helps to know what your screen resolution is set at. To find out your screen resolution, Right-Click anywhere on the desktop and select "Properties". You should get a window that says "Display Properties". Then click on the tab at the top that says "Settings". In the bottom right, you should see something that says "Screen area". And it should tell you your resolution settings in pixels. My guess is that yours will say like 800x600 or 1024x768 because most non-computer geeks use one of those God-awful settings that waste desktop space :D. But the rule of thumb is, when you resize your graphics, anything larger than your screen res setting won't fit in your screen. So when you resize, make the graphic smaller than your screen res, and it'll fit.

It also helps to know what your screen resolution is set at. To find out your screen resolution, Right-Click anywhere on the desktop and select "Properties". You should get a window that says "Display Properties". Then click on the tab at the top that says "Settings". In the bottom right, you should see something that says "Screen area". And it should tell you your resolution settings in pixels. My guess is that yours will say like 800x600 or 1024x768 because most non-computer geeks use one of those God-awful settings that waste desktop space :D. But the rule of thumb is, when you resize your graphics, anything larger than your screen res setting won't fit in your screen. So when you resize, make the graphic smaller than your screen res, and it'll fit.

Hey what is your setting? Mine is 1600x1200 32bit on a 22". MY taskbar autohides and I have a 800x600 vmware window running slackware.