Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Providence RI Help

bxbomb

What types of bars are you looking for? We have upscale types or just college bars. As for clubs the only one worth going to is Metropolis. On Saturdays they usually get pretty good guest DJ's.

If you give me the date you will be down I will try and find out who will be there. All the bars and clubs close at 2:00 but we do have an afterhours club called Pulse that is open on Sunday AM

from 6:00 am - 2:00 pm....

Hope this helps.

Alright....let me give it to you strait.

Get the fuck out of Providence and go to NYC or at least Boston. The area sucks. Metropolis on Saturday might get a city dj like Eddie Baez or some other joke, but usually the talent is thin with people like Jimmy B spinning music that makes you want to leave. If they do get a big named talent, he will be playing for two hours max......whoopty.

Other than that, Envy is the only other place worth going to in Prov. Pulse is an afterhours party, and probably the only thing good in that city even though it is predominantly gay. Other afterhours parties are usually in Boston, Connecticut (Club Vibe, Ballaros), or Starz in Johnston which is the size of my basement.

If you do get stuck in Providence, go to Envy or Metropolis. Other Prov. places like Complex and the Prov. are pathetic. Either that or go to a bar like Fish Co. or something.

Okay geek... It must be a long time since you have been to Providence because Jimmy B no longer spins at Metropolis he is the resident at NV!!! Before you start talking about clubs get your story straight!!! Metropolis had George Acosta this weekend and the Warp Brothers the weekend before. NV is now Hip Hop on Saturdays.

Please don't listen to this idiot because he has no idea what is going on in RI. For you to list Balleros as a good club means you are a complete moron. I don't even know if they are still open but the two times that we went there the place was dead. Starzz is no longer open for afterhours either. Pulse is gay for most of their nights but on Sunday mornings you will find that it is mostly straight. A lot of Boston people drive down to Pulse and they have one of the best sound systems around.

In Boston the big DJ's usually only spin for 2 hours sometimes 4 it depends on the DJ but the clubs in Boston close the same time as RI.... There are not many clubs in Boston that get big name talent except for the Avalon and they usually have their big names on Friday.

Get a clue before you start bashing stuff - Geek!!!

:laugh: :laugh:

You could also make the 30 miniute drive and check out Newport. Saturday nights at Club Pink are fantanstic. We host an event there called FREE and it has quickly become the area's best house music night. This past Saturday the place was at capacity (125), the whole place partying. The DJs are excellent, spinning a great mix of funky, progressive, tribal and latin house. Best of all, true to its name, FREE has no cover charge.

For more info, check out www.groovefire.com.

Peace!

Originally posted by jules5335

Okay geek... It must be a long time since you have been to Providence because Jimmy B no longer spins at Metropolis he is the resident at NV!!! Before you start talking about clubs get your story straight!!! Metropolis had George Acosta this weekend and the Warp Brothers the weekend before. NV is now Hip Hop on Saturdays.

Please don't listen to this idiot because he has no idea what is going on in RI. For you to list Balleros as a good club means you are a complete moron. I don't even know if they are still open but the two times that we went there the place was dead. Starzz is no longer open for afterhours either. Pulse is gay for most of their nights but on Sunday mornings you will find that it is mostly straight. A lot of Boston people drive down to Pulse and they have one of the best sound systems around.

In Boston the big DJ's usually only spin for 2 hours sometimes 4 it depends on the DJ but the clubs in Boston close the same time as RI.... There are not many clubs in Boston that get big name talent except for the Avalon and they usually have their big names on Friday.

Get a clue before you start bashing stuff - Geek!!!

:laugh: :laugh:

Alright, first off you fucking tool.......I lived there up until the end of this summer.

So JimmyB doesn't spin at Metro anymore.....big fucking deal. JimmyB and his mp3's can't even hold my jock strap, not that I would let him. They still bring in the same trash djs they always did. You are praising Metro cause they brought in George Acosta and Warp Brothers............

......guess what cool guy, Webster Hall booked the same talent. You are praising a place that is at the level as a Webster Hall except it doesn't stay open past 2:00........and you are calling me a geek.

Ballaros.....yeah, shitty place alright, like a dungeon......but the main afterparty not in Mass for the Fridays.

Oh yeah, Fridays at Pulse had the only talent in Providence......and the only good party, and a predominantly strait one at that, not like anyone gives a shit there.

So places change.....its been known to happen. Twilo closed down a while ago. Tunnel is of no more. Shelter is now vinyl. I havn't been back to Providence since August and god willing, I won't have to soon. So don't even try to play me because your homeboy JimmyB is now at Envy (I wonder who replaced him...Meatball or some other trainwreck tyrant), I know what Providence is all about and what Metro is all about.....I still know half the security.

Let me make this clear to you.........your town sucks. Get over it. I just tell it like it is.

If you hate RI so much than for one you shouldn't comment on it. This person asked for information on what is going on and where to go. He didn't need your trash commentary on how you hate RI!!! We live here and we deal with it. I never said we have the best talent around but just like Boston we have a 2 am curfew and we get really good DJ's once and awhile so we make the best out of what we have!! I think that our scene has changed a lot in the last six months for the better. You cannot compare Boston and RI to New York and I hate when people try to do it. It's two totally different types of scenes. I'm going to Miami for the WMC and I know that none of the clubs out there compare to RI but I can't go to Miami or New York every weekend.

Your in New York and you love it so go comment on that :mad:

If you hate RI so much than for one you shouldn't comment on it. This person asked for information on what is going on and where to go. He didn't need your trash commentary on how you hate RI!!! We live here and we deal with it. I never said we have the best talent around but just like Boston we have a 2 am curfew and we get really good DJ's once and awhile so we make the best out of what we have!! I think that our scene has changed a lot in the last six months for the better. You cannot compare Boston and RI to New York and I hate when people try to do it. It's two totally different types of scenes. I'm going to Miami for the WMC and I know that none of the clubs out there compare to RI but I can't go to Miami or New York every weekend.

Your in New York and you love it so go comment on that :mad:

First off, I did give info about RI before you started making attacks. I said you could have more fun at a bar...............which is the truth. I also said that if you want a good club, don't look in RI, which is also true. I provided facts...............

If you think I was bashing RI because the scene blows, then you havn't seen anything yet.

I made a statement that I will stick to. If you are in RI, take an extra 45 minutes to drive to Boston to hit Axis, Roxy, Avalon, etc. it will be well worth your time.

Originally posted by groovefire

By the way, Providence is a great town. No it may not have the nightlife of South Beach, but there are many fun places to party and the dance music scene here gets better by the day.

Ignore this guy, he's obviously just a douche.

Oh okay, you are from Newport.....I am from SK and I lived in Prov. before I moved down there. I know what I am talking about you momo.

I know the scene, the scene is beat. The only saving grace is the summers in RI.........and I'd take Narragansett Beach over any Newport beach anyway, but thats another subject.

The fun places to party are bars, not clubs.......the point I made in my first statement. Some of the better ones aren't even in Providence, they are in East Greenwich, South County, Newport, etc. There are good bars in Providence too, but all these places are bars....not clubs. They play music by a dj putting in a mixed CD, I wouldn't exactly call that a dance scene.

Read before you comment moron, it may save you from embarassing yourself again.

Originally posted by djjonstephen

Alright....let me give it to you strait.

Get the fuck out of Providence and go to NYC or at least Boston. The area sucks. Metropolis on Saturday might get a city dj like Eddie Baez or some other joke, but usually the talent is thin with people like Jimmy B spinning music that makes you want to leave. If they do get a big named talent, he will be playing for two hours max......whoopty.

Other than that, Envy is the only other place worth going to in Prov. Pulse is an afterhours party, and probably the only thing good in that city even though it is predominantly gay. Other afterhours parties are usually in Boston, Connecticut (Club Vibe, Ballaros), or Starz in Johnston which is the size of my basement.

If you do get stuck in Providence, go to Envy or Metropolis. Other Prov. places like Complex and the Prov. are pathetic. Either that or go to a bar like Fish Co. or something.

You are just too cool for me. I'm really glad that you still know the security at Metropolis? That will get you pretty far. Did you try and get a spot there and they turned you down because I really can't understand why you are bashing the clubs and DJ's in RI. Your whole post makes no sense because you contradict yourself. We may get Eddie Baez or some other joke. Eddie Baez is or was a resident in New York so why should he go to New York?? The same big name talent will play in Boston for only two hours also so when you have something sensible to say besides RI Sucks then you can let me know

I think the best part about your whole post is that you suggest for them to go to The Fish Co.!!!

I will no longer respong to your ridiculous posts so you need not even reply. :blown:

You are just too cool for me. I'm really glad that you still know the security at Metropolis? That will get you pretty far. Did you try and get a spot there and they turned you down because I really can't understand why you are bashing the clubs and DJ's in RI. Your whole post makes no sense because you contradict yourself. We may get Eddie Baez or some other joke. Eddie Baez is or was a resident in New York so why should he go to New York?? The same big name talent will play in Boston for only two hours also so when you have something sensible to say besides RI Sucks then you can let me know

I think the best part about your whole post is that you suggest for them to go to The Fish Co.!!!

I will no longer respong to your ridiculous posts so you need not even reply. :blown:

Whatever.........

I spun at parties and in afterhours spots.........under a slew of aliases. The reason I never played at a place like Metro was because I don't play that cheesy progressive shit (notice how all the music sounds the same in that area?).

Oh, and as for Eddie Baez, go make a post on the NYC board and see what the opinion of him is from over there. The guy spins CD's.............he is goffed at by music fans. Along the same lines of Tony Draper.

Keep defending your scene, I got the fuck out of there for the better. I tell it like it is, it is alright to have some sort of passion, but the only thing that is saving the scene happens to be the underground talent that is coming up from the area. You won't hear of these names in Metro or Complex...............

bxbomb, trust me on this one. Go to a bar, you'll have more fun.

:laugh:You've got no right speaking out on Dj Meatball. This guy is the only dj who has a radio show that promotes dance music in this area. Would you rather have 24 hours of Rap on the radio!!! Dj Meatball is one of my good friends and you obviously have never met him because he's one of the nicest guys in the industry. You got no right talk bad about people you've never met..As for Jimmy B. you don't have a leg to stand on there either. Jimmy B. has been a Dj for as long as I've been going to Nightclubs that 10 years ago. How long have you been Djing, and I doubt that you've been able to spin in the same area for 10 years. Listen the bottom line is if you don't have anything nice to say then keep your mouth shut. You should never burn bridges! So remember this don't bother comming by Metropolis or NV for a job because you won't get one !!!

long & short

a night is what u make of it

Ive been spinnin since 88.

some of my fav nights out have been in cheezy as clubs.

I go to space and it sucks.

who cares who the dj is...

they are just people

who cares who is there

they are just people

just like all of us.

so, find a place that appeals to you...

and go have fun.

for ANYONE to say ANYONE'S opinion is wrong is contrdicting themselves.

on both sides here.

guy 1 says it sucks

guy 2 says it doesent

does guy 3 have to listen to 1 or 2 ?

not at all

nightlife is about relaxing and having fun...dont let anything take that away.

Ive done metropolis, ive done pule, ive done liquid lounge.

all offer something.

since the did over merto with the new room...there's no argument that its one of the niceest pair of rooms mass & Ri.

while I dont always agree witht he style there..it works for the room. Brett was a solid resident with a doubt.

there playing the same stuff as avalon & roxy

not axis.....(I WISH)

Originally posted by brianthomas

:laugh: You've got no right speaking out on Dj Meatball. This guy is the only dj who has a radio show that promotes dance music in this area. Would you rather have 24 hours of Rap on the radio!!! Dj Meatball is one of my good friends and you obviously have never met him because he's one of the nicest guys in the industry. You got no right talk bad about people you've never met..As for Jimmy B. you don't have a leg to stand on there either. Jimmy B. has been a Dj for as long as I've been going to Nightclubs that 10 years ago. How long have you been Djing, and I doubt that you've been able to spin in the same area for 10 years. Listen the bottom line is if you don't have anything nice to say then keep your mouth shut. You should never burn bridges! So remember this don't bother comming by Metropolis or NV for a job because you won't get one !!!

Who the fuck is DJ Meatball?!?

Originally posted by djjoshuacarl1

long & short

a night is what u make of it

Ive been spinnin since 88.

some of my fav nights out have been in cheezy as clubs.

I go to space and it sucks.

who cares who the dj is...

they are just people

who cares who is there

they are just people

just like all of us.

so, find a place that appeals to you...

and go have fun.

for ANYONE to say ANYONE'S opinion is wrong is contrdicting themselves.

on both sides here.

guy 1 says it sucks

guy 2 says it doesent

does guy 3 have to listen to 1 or 2 ?

not at all

nightlife is about relaxing and having fun...dont let anything take that away.

Ive done metropolis, ive done pule, ive done liquid lounge.

all offer something.

since the did over merto with the new room...there's no argument that its one of the niceest pair of rooms mass & Ri.

while I dont always agree witht he style there..it works for the room. Brett was a solid resident with a doubt.

there playing the same stuff as avalon & roxy

not axis.....(I WISH)

Very well said!!!:)

Stephen's......three words....

YOU'RE A JOKE

you obviously know very little about the industry, never mind the music/club scene, not only in Rhode Island, but anywhere.

You haven't made one factual statement to back up your superficial claims, nor have you proven yourself.

WHO THE F*CK IS DJ JON STEPHENS?

I really don't care if you have a friend who can make cheesy computer graphics. I've never seen your name on a flyer, billboard, or on any other message board.

Don't waste our time with your B.S.

:blown:

EAT A BISCUIT

~WM

I completely agree that everyone has their own opinion.

The fact is that this person came on and trashed people and places that he had not even been to in months. When someone asks for information on a place he doesn't want to know what was happening six months ago. I value everyone's opinion if you can back up what you say besides this or that sucks. The points this Jon Stephan made didn't even make any sense. He doesn't like RI and thats fine don't party here cause we don't want you.

Our scene has changed a lot in six months. I think we all need to enjoy what we have. I go to Boston a lot for a change and I will be in Miami in a week. :D

I completely agree that everyone has their own opinion.

The fact is that this person came on and trashed people and places that he had not even been to in months. When someone asks for information on a place he doesn't want to know what was happening six months ago. I value everyone's opinion if you can back up what you say besides this or that sucks. The points this Jon Stephan made didn't even make any sense. He doesn't like RI and thats fine don't party here cause we don't want you.

Our scene has changed a lot in six months. I think we all need to enjoy what we have. I go to Boston a lot for a change and I will be in Miami in a week. :D

To everyone I offended in RI, let me just say....I don't care. I made factual claims, read the fucking post. I said that the club scene is not good at all in RI, and that is the truth. I said you would have more fun at a good bar, and that is the truth. I said the better clubs are in Boston and that is the truth. He asked for advice, and I gave it from a NYC standpoint. You don't like it then tough shit.

I don't care how long someone has spun for..1 year, 10 years, 100 years.......when I see someone's style change because it is the style KTU is playing on the radio, I call them out and say they are cheese.

Who am I? Who the fuck is white mike? Never heard of you and I have been around on the flyers as dj culture and dj thrust. Anything else you want me to embarass you with?

Besides this jules joke and white mike wannabe, no worries to you all. Make what you can out of where you live, I did for quite some time. The guy asked where to go, and I gave him my advice......thats all.

bxbomb lives in NYC, I live in NYC........the scene is a lot different up here. I gave suggestions based on that.

Anyway then this post is for bxbomb. Things to do in Providence at Metropolis. On the 6th-Darude performing on stage, there will be a Fashion show by Skin Deep, and I will be on the tables.On the 13th-Space Girl will be performing and I'll be spinnin again. On the 20th Rich Rydell from Mondo Music,Metro Lounge-N.J., Cheetah-N.Y.C.,will be there...Drop me a line at www.djbrianthomasonline.com and you'll be on the list, and if you want to take Jon's advice and go to the Fish Co. I can help you out there to I'm good friends with the owner. Have a safe trip.......