Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
vicman

U know ur from DC when....

You know you're from the DC Metro area if....

*You say you're from DC, but you actually live in VA or MD but are too embarrassed to say it

*Snow means rain to you

*Ice on the roads just means that you pay more attention to other cars, but still go 75 mph on the highways

*We get out of school for government closings

*You know where the pentagon really is

*We don't have southern accents, IT'S NOT THE SOUTH!!!!!

*You know at least 2 rowers

*You know that Georgetown is NOT only a school

*You consider Northern VA to be in no way similar to southern VA

*You know at least 3 other people from any of the 3 areas

*When you say you're going to the mall you don’t necessarily mean you're going shopping

*The Old Post Office doesn't sell stamps

*You can take the subway to another state

*You can be in a boat on the Potomac and be in DC, VA, and MD

*We call it targét, not target

*You can live next door to a senator, an ex president/vice president or any political figure

*You actually know what HFStival is

*We know what direction to go on the beltway

*Washington National is and will always be "WASHINGTON NATIONAL" not "Reagan National”

*There’s at least 4 7-eleven’s on a road and each of them are at least a ¼ mile from each other

*There’s at least 5 gas stations on each intersection

*You claim that there’s nothing to do on a weekend night even when you have a HUGE city to explore

*Everything is at least 10 minutes away and you still think it's too far away

*When you get a person's phone number, you get their house number along with their cell phone and/or pager and either put it in your own cell phone or in your palm pilot

*You notice that there's been construction on the same stretch of highway for the past 5 years and you never see anyone working on it

* You turn on the "local news" to hear about the latest national scandals/events.

* A yellow light actually means "3 more cars can go through," and a red stop light actually means "2 more cars can go through."

* You never actually call "the Metro" a subway.

* It takes you 45 minutes to drive 3 miles on 66 on the way to school.

* when you are driving at night and you see 5 poilce cars pulling someone over you know its just for a rountine stop.

* When you are driving through Georgetown and you can hear the music of the car next to you louder than you can hear your own.

* you go to JMU, Tech, or UVA and you know 80% of your class.

* you have been to Bob and Ediths Diner at least once, and know its the best place to go past midnight

* you describe traffic moving 1 mile in 5 minutes as "not that bad"

* you know what parts of DC you shouldn't venture into

* "I got stuck behind a motorcade" is a common excuse for being late

* You're aware that National Airport is in Arlington, not D.C.

* You have memorized where every red-light camera in the area is.

* You always got pissed when Fauquier County got out for snow, and you didn't.

* you have a scary story about getting lost in anacostia

* You know at least 3 different ways to get to the beltway

* When getting someone phone number, you must get their area code too (we ran out of numbers under one area code).

* people from other states don't undersatnd why the monuments aren't "The coolest things EVER" to you

* When you criticize the size, year and features of your friends cell phones

* you know you are in DC if you notice white kids in Polo khakis and button down shirts listening to hardcore rap

* you know the best way to get somewhere in the city is not with a map...but to get lost and find it on your own.

* You know how to get to the "REAL" exorcist stairs!

* There are at least 5 ways to get everywhere and you know which way to go based on the time of day and whether you are coming or going

* your school's parking lot looks like an auto importer's showroom

* If a class trip took you out of the country

* When you drive on a road you haven't been on in a few weeks, and you see a brand new shopping center being built and aren't surprised.

* if you hit one red light on Constitution Ave. you will hit every red light until you get to 66

* You know that the school in "Remember the Titans" IS a real school

* You know that Vietnam is no longer in the South Pacific, it's now been re-located to Eden Center

Haha. I like the one about Fauquier County. I used to hate them growing up cause they got off school even if there was a light dusting of snow on the ground. Then in college, one of my roommates was from Fauquier County. I saw where he lived, and I realized why they would have to close school. Fucking nothing but back woods little dirt roads.

I still get lost on the fawking beltway! Maybe it is because I never drive and we don't have stupid round abouts and beltways in the West. Grrrr!

But, the part about being 10min from everything is sooo true! When I lived in Seattle - it always took at least 1/2 hour, sometimes more to get where you needed to go. Now I get all bent out of shape if it takes more than 15 minutes!

:laugh:

And that picture is hilarious!!!!

* if you hit one red light on Constitution Ave. you will hit every red light until you get to 66

werd, wand it also happens when i drive up and down 16th to get to Silve Springs if I hit a red light after Columbia Heights, I'm gunna get all red lights until I reach SS

*There’s at least 4 7-eleven’s on a road and each of them are at least a ¼ mile from each other

and werd on this one also, there are 4 7-11's within walking distance from the dump I live in

They forgot a few...

*The crackheads at the end of 395(N) WILL wash your windows at that stoplight.

*You can tailgate cops on the freeway doing 90 and hop off at an exit out of their jurisdiction.

*Most of your friends are from Europe.

*You don't know where your friends REALLY work or what they do.

*Most of your friends DON'T work but always have nice things and party.

*Your european friends that work at the World Bank make $20k and drive Merdedes and BMW's cos they don't have to pay taxes, and your so jealous.

*You can actually pick up strippers in the strip club.

*Everyone at the bar thinks the guy that just went in the bathroom has a bomb.

Guest jroo
Originally posted by crownroyal

*You can actually pick up strippers in the strip club.

you can actually do this???????? in dc that is. did you detect a hint of sarcasm?

Yo Crown...

*Your european friends that work at the World Bank make $20k and drive Merdedes and BMW's cos they don't have to pay taxes, and your so jealous.

That part is so true. All my friends from school had NO $...but they drove phat rides....friggen diplomats!!:rolleyes: