Clubplanet Nightlife Community

is anyone awake who went to Honeydew3, give me a review!!!

wahoo

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You may get some better responses than this, but here's what happened in a nutshell.

Got there at 11:30 didn't get in until 2 :mad:

Thirty freakin dudes and 4 bitches jumped the line right in front on me :mad:

Missed all of Scott Henry, heard he was REALLY good. I got one drink...... Carol Cox came on and you couldn't move...... WAY too many people...... got VIP from some nice girl that took pity on me.... spent a majority of the night going back and forth between the back room(VIP) and the dance floor. Basically when I got sick of all the people I left the floor. Umm..... what else. Basically it was a fucked up night.

Good things that happened: Carol Cox was excellent, got VIP, there were a lot of people from the board there, met Nurishment, and the rest of the board, pissed off the guy that ditched us by having after hours at his place, while he was sleeping!!!!!!! Yeah, that's it. Someone else can give you more details, I was sober and upset with the whole evening...... That's my take on the shit. But I did get to see Carol Cox.

Originally posted by sauvee88

You may get some better responses than this, but here's what happened in a nutshell.

Got there at 11:30 didn't get in until 2 :mad:

Thirty freakin dudes and 4 bitches jumped the line right in front on me :mad:

Missed all of Scott Henry, heard he was REALLY good. I got one drink...... Carol Cox came on and you couldn't move...... WAY too many people...... got VIP from some nice girl that took pity on me.... spent a majority of the night going back and forth between the back room(VIP) and the dance floor. Basically when I got sick of all the people I left the floor. Umm..... what else. Basically it was a fucked up night.

Good things that happened: Carol Cox was excellent, got VIP, there were a lot of people from the board there, met Nurishment, and the rest of the board, pissed off the guy that ditched us by having after hours at his place, while he was sleeping!!!!!!! Yeah, that's it. Someone else can give you more details, I was sober and upset with the whole evening...... That's my take on the shit. But I did get to see Carol Cox.

I got there at the same time as Sauve and about the same thing happened to me all except I got really fucked up and then met up with DJ Rap and three of her bi-sexual girlfriends and we all had crazy college, wild kingdom-like sex until around noon on saturday, she told me to meet her tonight but I am going to Royals instead. I guess she thinks we have a fucking relationship now or something.

Originally posted by therunner

I got there at the same time as Sauve and about the same thing happened to me all except I got really fucked up and then met up with DJ Rap and three of her bi-sexual girlfriends and we all had crazy college, wild kingdom-like sex until around noon on saturday, she told me to meet her tonight but I am going to Royals instead. I guess she thinks we have a fucking relationship now or something.

You're just a rebound thing since I broke up with her a little while ago.

Guest jroo
Originally posted by Kuro

Sorry your night got fucked up like that, Suave. Thank god we got there when we did cuz we were only in line for maybe a half hour.

i could smack you for saying that. i too waited over an hour and a half.

Guest jroo

oh, by the way, all the dj's rocked!!!!! henry, cox, rap. dieselboy had his mc again, and the mc stuck around and "performed" "rapped" whatever you want to call it with rap. dieselboy was throwing down some funky ass junglist type shit. i actually liked rap better. crazy. i love it when i little, pretty female dj spins some hard, fast, pumping shit. i never heard cox before, he was fucking awesome!! there was no fucking room though. and eggmok showed me some moves with the glow sticks that i have never even seen, pretty bad ass shit. i had one too many redbulls and long islands to catch the stick i was throwing up though. oh well,

OMG..i'm still hurtin'...this is insane...I didnt drop or anything but had had only 1 drink and 1 shot in the past 4 weeks, and the 2 drinks nourishment got me got me wasted...it felt like a very good roll...anyway, here is my review:

10:40 Got to Buzz

11:00 After 15 min in line saw malanee, kuro & sparky (Buzz board) and joined them in line.

11:30 Got inside.

11:45 Met nourishment (a first attemt meet-up that actually worked) in the front room while she trying to find "a guy with orange shoes" and I was trying to find "someone to buy me a drink"

12:15 Hung out in the front room and in the process verified that eggmok is not a fixation of our imagination. Cool getting to hang out with our moderator.

12:15 until ??? Scott Henry played some hard shit and I dunno when Cox came in, but by that time scratch & company, shadygroove and company were in the dancefloor also and we were quite a group. Raver and comapny showed up a bit later.

Scott Henry, Carl Cox and MADAME ZOUK kicked my ass the whole night...saw DJ Rap and she signed my skivvies nefore she started her set in the front room :D She's hot :eek: :eek:

Anyway, Madame Zouk came on after Cox and spun some great techno that got me moving all over the place, however for the first time since I started going to Buzz, I actually do wish that they had a better sound system, 'cos Zouk was dropping some of the meanest techno I've listened to and I have to agree with scratch, it got to a point that it was hurting ones ears :(

My calves are still feeling the pain of bouncing around on Friday, but I had an awesome time.

Originally posted by Kuro

Yeah, Cox was bangin'. And he played Stimulation. That's my song.

no, that MY song! he was playing that shit for me! :tongue:

anyways, once again, went out when i wasn't supposed to. . .had to oblige the partykid staying on my couch this weekend. but i'm hella glad i went. yeh, the crowd was too much to deal with at times, but it looked dope looking down from the balconies. . . my new haven to dance w/o interruption plus the sound isn't as harsh on the ears up there. . .

i'm sorry i didn't meetup w/as many of you. . .i really didn't think i was going (neither was malanee. . puhahaha). . .but i finally met eggmok! you can most definitely groove. and maybe one day, when you're old enough, you'll lose the glowsticks. ;)

oh! finally spent some time in the front room. . .i don't even know who was spinning, was it dieselboy? that was some haaard shit. could not catch the bass well enough to dance. . .crown can tell yall, i was making a fool of myself

for me it definitely wasn't as music focused night. . .but i loved teh vibe. . yeh part of it was the hype and all the people there. . . but i think a grip were there to just celebrate life :rolleyes: (ok that was kinda cheesy)

You can blame the soundsystem problems on Carl Cox. He had it turned up waaaaaay too loud. And I don't care how good the soundsystem is, if you crank the amp past the peak threshold, you're gonna get distortion. I wouldn't be surprised if Nation has to replace a few of their speakers, cause you could hear the voice coils popping in the speakers, and I bet he either busted a few, or they're so severely damaged that they won't have much more use in them. That was only one of the things that pissed me off. Cause I kept thinking "He's fucking ruining the speakers, and we've got Sander, Warren, Pappa, Sasha, and Digweed coming soon!!!!!" :mad:

The other was the crowd. It was way too crowded. And there were so many fucking idiots in the crowd. For one, I saw some e-tarded dude sitting on a table next to the post in the middle of the floor near the backroom bar. Smoke was pouring out from under him. The whole area was filling up with smoke from something on fire. This e-tard was just sitting there, unaware that his fucking ass was burning. Under the table he was sitting on was a trashcan, and this fool's jacket had fallen into the trashcan, and somebody had thrown a cig into the trashcan. And his jacket had caught on fire. Yeah, you're really smart there, guy. Lemme give you a hint: THAT BURNING SMELL IS NOT AN ENHANCED SENSATION OF YOUR ROLL, JACKASS! THE LIGHTHEADEDNESS YOU FEEL IS NOT A GOOD BUZZ, IT'S SMOKE INHALATION! I was just thinking "Great, I'm sitting in a club that's overcrowded, which is probably a firecode violation, and my life is in the hands of some fucking sloppy e-tard who can't even keep track of his jacket and cigarettes."

Don't even get me started on the people falling over and running into me. Oh yeah, and then there was the apparent near OD victim who had passed out completely and was getting carried out by security. Wonderful. Fucking felt like I was at Exit, with all the sloppy users. Saw a couple dudes with their shirts off, too. And I had to fight the urge of putting my cigarette butt out on them.

I always say this, and I don't know why I keep forgetting. But I will never go to Buzz again unless there's a Progressive DJ again. The Prog DJ's seem keep the dumbasses at home. And the crowds are more bearable.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

The Prog DJ's seem keep the dumbasses at home. And the crowds are more bearable.

Au contraire. It's not the genre of music that's to blame. If anything it's the big name. If Marco Bailey had been there instead of Carl Cox there it would have been much less crowded with a better crowd (and probably only $15). Then again, from what I've heard and seen Buzz has been extremely crowded every week this year so far no matter who has been there. It's like a shitload of people heard about it all of a sudden.

For one, I saw some e-tarded dude sitting on a table next to the post in the middle of the floor near the backroom bar. Smoke was pouring out from under him. The whole area was filling up with smoke from something on fire. This e-tard was just sitting there, unaware that his fucking ass was burning. Under the table he was sitting on was a trashcan, and this fool's jacket had fallen into the trashcan, and somebody had thrown a cig into the trashcan. And his jacket had caught on fire.

Thats what that smell was. I knew something was burning but couldn't find it, so I moved out to the front room in case there was a stampede to get out. I had a great time there but the crowds were a lot too much, I hate clubs that over overpack themselves in trying to make a few extra bucks. The cold of standing in line for 2 hours or so, was crazy too. They should have some type of propane heater outside to comfort thier patrons, but I am sure these tight ass club owners could give a flying fuck about thier patrons so why give heed to their comfort. The only thing they are worrind about is the liabilty suit that follows after some stupid abuser dies on the dance floor from taking a stricnine pill and snorting powdered clorox.

I always say this, and I don't know why I keep forgetting. But I will never go to Buzz again unless there's a Progressive DJ again. The Prog DJ's seem keep the dumbasses at home. And the crowds are more bearable.

unfortunately thats not true anymore, saw more than a few guys with their shirts off last week also. thats someting well probably gonna have to deal with as Buzz is becoming more popular alomh with the bigger crowds.

tuf luk for us, but the only way they can afford such a good line up is by getting people in, you've said it in the past, its a business, the motive is profit, you bring the top noch dj's to bring the big crowds in...:(

as for the kids that are passed out overdosed, at least staff there take them out of the building, hopefully along with their friends or something and we dont get hundreds of people passed out everywhere.

Originally posted by therunner

Thats what that smell was. I knew something was burning but couldn't find it, so I moved out to the front room in case there was a stampede to get out. I had a great time there but the crowds were a lot too much, I hate clubs that over overpack themselves in trying to make a few extra bucks. The cold of standing in line for 2 hours or so, was crazy too. They should have some type of propane heater outside to comfort thier patrons, but I am sure these tight ass club owners could give a flying fuck about thier patrons so why give heed to their comfort. The only thing they are worrind about is the liabilty suit that follows after some stupid abuser dies on the dance floor from taking a stricnine pill and snorting powdered clorox.

yeah, security and all of that stuff is Nation staff. I hope they could have more people in the lines outside helping with ID check and inside with the securty check.

A big tip: when big name dj's are in town, get there early. i know sometimes one goes with friends and stuff and it takes time etc. to get all in order and leave together, but if you get there late, the more your gonna have to wait. For S&D I'll be there at 8pm.

Yeah, but that's when I was still taking E, and I could deal with the crowds a lot better. :D

unless its a totally Exit type of crowd, I think I can bear with it a few dudes walking with their shirts off wont bother me that much and seeing a few crackheads I can deal with

Yeah, but that's when I was still taking E, and I could deal with the crowds a lot better. :D

Ha ha. Obviously drugs are the answer. Maybe what we need are more nights of talent that we all know is good but most people haven't heard of. DJ Three, James Holden, Steve Porter, Cattaneo (who's coming in April), Parks and Wilson, Cass and Slide, Ben Sims, Marco Carola, Marco Bailey, Sven Vath, Behouz (who's coming on March 29th with Deep Dish, so that night will be packed), Gayle San, and more people that I haven't even heard of. And maybe the crowds will get better when all the punk ass college students go home for the summer (no offense to the college students here).

I had a pretty good time - considering I wasn't supposed to be there! Got there early - but still waited about 1/2 hour in line. It was WAY too crowded - so I spent a lot of time in VIP w/ my face pressed up against the window so I could watch CC spin. I agree about the noise level. I had to stuff napkins in my ears and they still were ringing the next day! Note to self: bring earplugs!

It was cool to see all the CP peeps and meet some new people. Nourishment - hope you make it down again!

All in all - a prettygood night!