Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone been clubbing in Switzerland/Germany?

I am going to Frankfurt and Zurich for spring break...was wondering if anyone knew of any good clubs in these cities...preferably those that play good house/drum and bass/progressive trance/techno? Thanks....

In Frankfurt you should go to a club called U60311

If you are going to Berlin PM me I can help you with clubs there

Oh yeah, remeber that you can legally buy weed in Switzerland. Its just packed in scent-bags (??), officially you are only allowed to smell it, but well who only smells??

• 2 weeks later...

u60311 is by far the club with the "best" line-up. (at least as far as internationally known DJs are concerned)

fridays: techno (sven väth usually has a monthly residiency), very young (under 20) and something I would like to call "techno-ravers" style clubbers......to give you an idea of what i mean: perhaps some 80ish% drugusers....

saturdays: house, with slightly older and slightly "more stylish" clubbers

another option (if you're more into that) would be 190east in frankfurt....this place is for a more sophisticated clubber....outstanding NY style house.....average age around 25....very stylish people

my fave in frankfurt:

monza on fridays......outstanding house......slightly more progressive than 190east.....think something in between tenaglia and youssef (not quite as "monotonous" as tenaglia...).....let's call the clubbers that go there "bohemian".....average age somewhere around 23....up-for-it party people.....stylish but anything but snobbish.....watch it though: the door would probably be the toughest in frankfurt....it's not that you have to wear certain clothes or shoes or anthing....they just like to make sure that their club doesn't end up like so many others....

as far as dress codes go for these clubs:

u 60311: anything goes

190east: no more than 2 guys (if more than 2, then bring along a girl or two ;-) ), "stylish"/"fashionable" wear (sneakers are fine) ,

monza: sort of like 190east but a tad less "high-gloss", if ya know what i mean! ;-)

have fun in europe! I'm sure you'll enjoy it! :-)

• 2 weeks later...

well, never made it clubbing in either of these places...but did go clubbing in south africa...such an interesting experience...people seem to really just let loose there...would recommend it to anyone heading to africa anytime soon....