Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Stuck On Coat-Check-Line Productions

Mornin' y'all. Hope you had a good time at Honeydew, cuz Destination NYC in New York on Saturday was a total mess.

It was barely above freezing, it was raining, it took 1 - 3 hours of waiting in line to get in, security was rude and even hit some of the ravers, the porta potties were by the river uncovered in the rain, the floor of the main tent where Carl Cox was playing was flooded with an inch or two of water, Carl's equipment was messed up and he train wrecked 3 times in the first hour, it was a rainy, metal, windy 3 floor trek outside to the other room, security closed off access to the upstairs room BEFORE Carl Cox's set was even finished and also closed off access to the only bathrooms, and when you finally decided to leave, it took 1 - 2 hours of waiting in coat check.

Stuck on Earth messed up BAD this time.

The music was great, though.

So, how was Honeydew?

i'm was reading on th NT board about the line, the cold, and Cral Cox trainwrecking (apparntly because people were jumping up and down to much in the area where the equipment was set up and that caused the record to skip a few times) but that the music was defintly worth it.

I don't think it could be from people jumping. We were on a brick floor and he was on a platform. It could be from the 10 Stuck On Coatcheckline people or the camera crew that caused it though. Who knows. It was so humid with like 3000 people in that tent that it was raining from the ceiling of it though. Big bass was causin' it to come down every minuite. THAT was pretty cool actually.

The thing I dug most about the night was Carl's attitude. He's great.

Originally posted by rammelsberg

I don't think it could be from people jumping. We were on a brick floor and he was on a platform. It could be from the 10 Stuck On Coatcheckline people or the camera crew that caused it though. Who knows. It was so humid with like 3000 people in that tent that it was raining from the ceiling of it though. Big bass was causin' it to come down every minuite. THAT was pretty cool actually.

The thing I dug most about the night was Carl's attitude. He's great.

errr...thats what i meant, it must be that its monday...there were to many people in that area and someone mustve bumped the dj booth or something...yeah, i recall last summer at Area 1, Cox was so into the music he was spinning he almost fell down, wtaching him perform is just incredible

It was pretty good, but I heard it wasn't his best set. It was the first time I'd seen him, and most of the time I was worried about where my girl was. She was gone for 45 minuties after heading to the bathrooms because the damn security had her stuck, outside, in the rain, in a sleeveless shirt. She couldn't get back upstairs until the guards changed shifts. I felt so horrible for her (she missed 3 days of work last week because she was sick!) that we left. Of course, we spent 5am - 6:20am at coat check. God, it was rough.

All I gotta say is I'm having 40 people over for a house party this weekend. No going out!!!! I got decks upstairs and gamecube downstairs. And NO COAT CHECK!

Originally posted by rammelsberg

All I gotta say is I'm having 40 people over for a house party this weekend. No going out!!!! I got decks upstairs and gamecube downstairs. And NO COAT CHECK!

are you gonna have security staff, bouncers and the like? are people gonna be allowed to walk all over the place with their shirts off? :D