Jump to content
Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
joeygk

World DJ day live from Fabric- London

Recommended Posts

Originally posted by vicman

ok, this suscks...should i pay of my cards or get myself a nifty computer to download all this shit.....I feel that I'm missing out on stuff depressed.gif

Get a computer. You've gotta be able to get MP3's! I just sorted through my mixes yesterday and converted four that I did to MP3. I also recorded one last night, too. If you want the Shady Collection, you need a computer to download them, cause I'm too lazy to burn CD's for people! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by joeygk

Get a computer............just go to dell online and buy one. You can make monthly payments.

ok, you guys convinced me, what gear should i make certain that the machine should have so i can burnshit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by shadygroovedc

C-D-B-U-R-N-E-R

I hear CD burners are quite nice!

I've also got a really big screen which is quite nice, b/c shady's god damn signature is so big & obnoxious that I can almost view one whole post w/out scrolling down! :laugh::tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by joeygk

I hear CD burners are quite nice!

I've also got a really big screen which is quite nice, b/c shady's god damn signature is so big & obnoxious that I can almost view one whole post w/out scrolling down! :laugh::tongue:

Yes. Everyone should get at least a 19 inch screen. And have a graphics card that supports at least 1280x1024 resolution in order to fully enjoy my sig! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by shadygroovedc

C-D-B-U-R-N-E-R

ok maestro, but what characteristics should the C-D-B-U-R-N-E-R have? Speed? Does it make a difference if its internal, external?

Memory and that sort of shit. You are the computer geek here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by vicman

ok maestro, but what characteristics should the C-D-B-U-R-N-E-R have? Speed? Does it make a difference if its internal, external?

Memory and that sort of shit. You are the computer geek here.

I have a creative, 16x write burner and it works good for me, but the software that came with it was NERO burning ROM and it was kinda difficult to figure out at first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get whatever speed they offer you.

CD Burners usually come with computers now, so you don't have to think much about it. And the one's that computers come with are usually internal.

Get at least 256K memory. Memories so cheap these days that you could even bump that up to 512K.

Depending on how much you wanna spend, you could probably get a 1 GHZ or higher processor, which is more than adequate. Anything over 800 MHZ should do fine.

Make sure the machine you order has a sound card. Otherwise, this whole exercise if pointless.

Nero rocks for burning CD's. I don't use anything else. Some computers come with it. Some come with Adaptec software. I hate Adaptec. It's a piece of shit, in my mind. Don't worry about getting a computer with it, though. I have the software install files and a crack for them.

Get a decent sized monitor. I'd say at least 17". I would splurge and get a 19" or 21". You can fit more porn on the 19 or 21".

You'll need a modem, but most come with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok I got that down...i'll look into this, I fugure the $ saved on CD's in the long run it will eventually pay itself off, plus i hate asking people to burn stuff for me...plus now i would have access to porn 24-7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by vicman

ok I got that down...i'll look into this, I fugure the $ saved on CD's in the long run it will eventually pay itself off, plus i hate asking people to burn stuff for me...plus now i would have access to porn 24-7

Oh yeah. Get a computer with both a CD ROM or DVD ROM Drive AND a CD-R/RW Drive. In other words, when you look at the computer, it'll have two CD drives. This is the easiest way to copy CD's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i just went through all this w/ buying a new computer for my parents

get at least a 40 gig hard drive. also depends on how much you wanna download

also, you prolly want a network card (10/100) if you ever plan to use a cable modem (which you'll prolly want if you want to download lots of music)

and a dvd-rom or most preferably a dvd-rw drive, to download movies and burn them as well.

mmm....we bought a complete system from best buy and it came w/ a free year of msn dail-up service, but it didn't matter to us b/c we have cable acess installed from at&t broadband. on that, btw, we got a great deal of $29.95 for 6 months, no contract to sign.

get good speakers too. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by shadygroovedc

Vic, this computer will suit all your needs:

ibm_pc_xt.jpg

you thionk alot of music would fit in that 5 1/4 floppy? or does it require punch cards?

more imortantly does make funny noises and have bliking lights..i want blinking lights

robotAnim.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by MadamMillie

i just went through all this w/ buying a new computer for my parents

get at least a 40 gig hard drive. also depends on how much you wanna download

also, you prolly want a network card (10/100) if you ever plan to use a cable modem (which you'll prolly want if you want to download lots of music)

and a dvd-rom or most preferably a dvd-rw drive, to download movies and burn them as well.

mmm....we bought a complete system from best buy and it came w/ a free year of msn dail-up service, but it didn't matter to us b/c we have cable acess installed from at&t broadband. on that, btw, we got a great deal of $29.95 for 6 months, no contract to sign.

get good speakers too. :)

ok, so 2 drives, lots of gig's, ntwk card, download movies....so how much am i looking to spend for a good computer with the works?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Allright, yo. I went onto Dell's website and built a computer. Here are the specs you want:

Dell Dimension 4400

Pentium 4 1.6 GHz processor

256 MB Memory

40 GB Hard Drive

17 Inch Monitor

64 MB NVIDIA GeForce MX 4x Graphics Card w/ TV Out

48x Max Variable CD-ROM Drive

DVD+RW/ CD-RW Combo Drive

Harmon Kardon HK-395 Speakers w/ Subwoofer (trust me, you want a sub for your computer if you're listening to music on it)

56K PCI Data Bax Modem

10/100 PCI Fast Enthernet NIC

Total Price: about $1700 or so

If you want to fuck around with the price, then you can get cheaper stuff like a cheaper graphics card or less memory or less hard drive space. But I'd recommend at a minimum this configuration above since you'll be doing a lot of music and porn surfing. If you want to check it out, go to www.dell.com and build the computer to the specs above. I skimped on things like the monitor and such to keep the cost as low as possible. If you want to spend more, then you can get a better monitor and network card and stuff. Choose not to get any of the bundled software that costs money. You can always buy those later or find "creative" ways to have them suddenly install themselves on your computer without you knowing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by shadygroovedc

Allright, yo. I went onto Dell's website and built a computer. Here are the specs you want:

Dell Dimension 4400

kewl, thanx shady, is it cheaper to get the stuff from dell than say going to best buy or comp usa?

i figure if i dont buy groceries a couple of times amonth....and move to Anacostia with 5 rommates, maybe sell my clothes....eat ham sandwiches for 5 or 6 months I can afford it :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by vicman

kewl, thanx shady, is it cheaper to get the stuff from dell than say going to best buy or comp usa?

i figure if i dont buy groceries a couple of times amonth....and move to Anacostia with 5 rommates, maybe sell my clothes....eat ham sandwiches for 5 or 6 months I can afford it :D

I'm not sure if it's any cheaper. Dell actually may be more expensive. But I like Dell's site cause you can build a computer to your specs and price it. Now what you can do is take those specs and that price and shop around. The thing with computers at Best Buy and CompUSA is that they're already pre-built. So that means you get a generic set of features and equipment that come bundled in your computer. Some of which you may not want or need. But if you shop around enough, you can find a computer to suit your needs. I'd go to Dell's website and price it out with those options and print out the pricing sheet. Then go to Best Buy or CompUSA and see if you can find a computer with those same options or more for cheaper. Best Buy has some really good deals on computers if you can find one with everything you need. If you can't find one, then you can always go back online to Dell and order it from them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You want the "woofer!" I bought the upgraded surround sound speakers for my computer and they're banging! I bought a dell computer online, and it was cheaper than best buy, and I even got free shipping & handling. Plus, like shady said you get exactly what you want b/c you build your own computer. (I wanted a huge monitor, a zip drive, burner, etc. So it was easier to go through dell). Get the thingy for the cable modem- I forgot, and it was annoying to install myself- I'm also partially retarded, so they may have been why????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by joeygk

I'm also partially retarded, so they may have been why????

Well, we all know that Vic is fully retarded, so he may not even be able to figure out how to turn the computer on when he gets it. We'll probably go over to his place to find him just staring at the cardboard box that says "Dell", wondering where the MP3's are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×