Clubplanet Nightlife Community

World DJ day live from Fabric- London

joeygk

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

Well, we all know that Vic is fully retarded, so he may not even be able to figure out how to turn the computer on when he gets it. We'll probably go over to his place to find him just staring at the cardboard box that says "Dell", wondering where the MP3's are.

thanx shady for your insightful comment...i'll look at dell website more closely in the afternoon, and see what type of financing options they have.

we bought ours at best buy and got a great deal, but i did have to install a network card on it (which i 'm not sure if i did it right, haven't got it to work right yet, oops).

just saw a commercial on tv for dell for some system - go to dell.com/tv

just shop around - there are prolly pre-built systems that almost exactly meets your specs and maybe you'll need to add or upgrade just a couple things, or you can go the direct model and build your own

i'm not a fan of comp usa or circuit city, etc. best buy too has really long lines. online sites to shop at: buy.com, outpost.com, and the direct sites - compaq, dell, gateway, etc.

what drives the price up, i think, is the dvd-rw. otherwise i'd think you'd be able to find a system for about a $1000. i think.

oh, and just my opinion, a 17" monitor is totally fine. but it's annoying when people like shady have obnoxious sigs. :D