Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Message from Buzz about the long lines

Kuro

Buzz and Nation are meeting this week to come up with new solutions for the lines so that overly extended waits dont happen again. Although its not uncommon to have long lines at Buzz, it is rare that the wait is longer than 1/2 an hour. We are going to try and figure out why things were so particularly slow this past Friday.

Some remedies were implemented later in the evening on Friday. Will Call tickets were distributed to people in line, to avoid any extra waits. More security guards were assigned to the ticketholders line, leaving fewer guards checking IDs for non-ticketholders. Ticketholders always have top priority, and we strongly encourage you to buy advance tickets in the future. Not only will it save you money and guarantee you entry, but it is also (in theory) supposed to allow for quicker entry.

In the past for big events, we opened up the doors at 9 p.m., however, few customers took advantage of the extra hour to arrive early. For this reason, doors were opened at 10 p.m., as on a normal Friday. Well re-examine that policy.

Finally, its come to our attention that people were confused about which line they were supposed to be in. One line was for advanced ticketholders, the other line for non-ticketholders. Pre-made signs were supposed to be up, but they went missing. A lot of confusion could have been avoided if the line designation was clearer.

Again our apologies for the extended waits. We hope that most of you enjoyed the evening once you were inside. If you have any comments or suggestions, please feel free to email them to: talk2buzz@buzzlife.com

Much respect,

The Buzz Crew ============================================================

Ok, the Vicman responded to the initial posting, so............

I chalk the night up to one bad experience out of how many??? So I you've got to figure they would take some measures to correct the problem they had. There was just two problems with the statement.

1. The ticket holders line was longer and moving slower than the non ticket holders line - thus why we all stayed in it.

2. They failed to mention, perhaps not realizing.... although I don't know how they couldn't... the fact that the place was too overcrowded. If you're going to sell tickets to an event, then you should know how many non ticketed people you can let in. N'est pas??? The problem was not only the line, but the amount of people in the club. If they had the outside patio open I still don't think there would have been enough room!! That was the most crowded I've evey seen it and frankly a fire-marshall could have shut the place down easily. There should be a limit to how many people you let in. If you sell out, you sell out. Tough luck. My $.02

Originally posted by sauvee88

Ok, the Vicman responded to the initial posting, so............

I chalk the night up to one bad experience out of how many??? So I you've got to figure they would take some measures to correct the problem they had. There was just two problems with the statement.

1. The ticket holders line was longer and moving slower than the non ticket holders line - thus why we all stayed in it.

2. They failed to mention, perhaps not realizing.... although I don't know how they couldn't... the fact that the place was too overcrowded. If you're going to sell tickets to an event, then you should know how many non ticketed people you can let in. N'est pas??? The problem was not only the line, but the amount of people in the club. If they had the outside patio open I still don't think there would have been enough room!! That was the most crowded I've evey seen it and frankly a fire-marshall could have shut the place down easily. There should be a limit to how many people you let in. If you sell out, you sell out. Tough luck. My $.02

i dunno why alot of people are complaining of it being crowded on Friday. It was a Honeydew party that will attract more people, and basically most of the people were in the back room. I've seen Buzz more crowded both in the front room and the hallways than they were on Friday. Hell if this was crowded the time we were at Exit that was a sardine can, suana room, humidor all in one....

And I think eggmok mentioned, he just moved to the side underneath teh stairs and there was space there. It kinda sorte reminded me last year when ape-man...err I mean Oakenfold was here on a Sunday, the back room was packed to the point you couldnt move anywhere, but the front room was fucking empty while Saeed & Palsh were spinning.

Yeah. It was fucked up how the ticket holders line was longer than the non ticket holders line. We got there, didn't know which line was which, and went to the shorter line (the non-ticket holders line). The thing is, IT DIDN'T MATTER! Cause they don't actually CHECK for tickets until you get inside anyways. So I have no idea what they were trying to accomplish by splitting up the lines.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

Yeah. It was fucked up how the ticket holders line was longer than the non ticket holders line. We got there, didn't know which line was which, and went to the shorter line (the non-ticket holders line). The thing is, IT DIDN'T MATTER! Cause they don't actually CHECK for tickets until you get inside anyways. So I have no idea what they were trying to accomplish by splitting up the lines.

yeah, thats true, we got on the non-ticket holder line and that was moving just as fast as the other one.

Nation should have made more of an effort to speed up the ticket holder line. That line should have been given priority with people presenting tickets to show that they are in fact ticket holders. The non-ticket holder line was moving faster so we got in that one, because it's not like they're going to ask you to prove that you don't have a ticket.

Originally posted by Kuro

Nation should have made more of an effort to speed up the ticket holder line. That line should have been given priority with people presenting tickets to show that they are in fact ticket holders. The non-ticket holder line was moving faster so we got in that one, because it's not like they're going to ask you to prove that you don't have a ticket.

I heard they strip searched Vic and gave him a full body cavity search to see if he had a ticket or not. But I think Vic may have initiated the "full body cavity search" with the security guard. :(

Originally posted by Kuro

they could strip search you in ordere to verify that you dont have a ticket

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

I heard they strip searched Vic and gave him a full body cavity search to see if he had a ticket or not. But I think Vic may have initiated the "full body cavity search" with the security guard. :(

shady talks from experience