Best of.....

vicman

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by vicman

just wonderin' what are the best restaurants, bars, places to take a potty, movie theatres, etc. that y'all have been to since being in DC.

Best restaurant: Dunno. Pho 75 is one of my personal favorites.

Best bar: I'd have to say Felix or Blue Room are my two favorite bars. Or, at least, non-clubs.

Best potty in the DC area: Montgomery's Grille in Bethesda. They have stall doors that go all the way down to the floor. They have little ledges to put your beer. The handicap stall is big enough for five guys to pile in at once and do coke lines off of the diaper changing tray in the stall. And because the door of the stall goes all the way down to the floor, no one can see in. Um, not that I have personally tried that or anything. :rolleyes:

Movie Theatre: Uptown is supposed to be cool, although I've never been in the 20 - some years I've lived in DC. Regal Cinemas in Rockville is the best Multiplex in the area by far. Best seating. Largest screens. And best soundsystem by far.

Best Indian food I think would have to be the Bombay Club on Con. Ave downtown. You have to get dressed up to get in, but the service is excellent and the prices for an Indian rest. are not bad.

Best Italian Rest. would have to be I Ricchi.... super expensive, but the food kicks ass!!

Yeah I think that's it, oh and the best beer in the world has got to be Caffereys Irish!!!!

i dont know about bars, movie theaters, etc., but...

This one time...

on the way to Buzz about three years ago i really needed to go to the bathroom and i wouldnt go at some dirty gas station, so we stopped at some fancy hotel near Capitol (Hilton or Hyatt, i think) and i took the biggest, bestest crap ever. The bathrooms had marble floor, chandaliers, etc., basically it was a "million dollar" bathroom. the experiences was soooo good that i still remember it three years later. Since then, everytime i need to go to the bathroom while i am driving i look for a hotel.

So, there...my memorable bathroom story.

best potty: modern, they have a water fountain in the mensroom...ditto for piling guys in the stalls like shady since apparently he likes to pile guys in the batroom stalls in with him.

best movie theatre: visions, just because of their food and i'm more into foregn foilsm than watching 20 guys piled up in a bathroom stall in the finer establishments shady frequents.

best bar: dunno, i dontlike bars and darnit i cant recall when was the last time i was in a bar in dc, for fear of finding guys piled up in the bathroom stalls

best joint to eat: i dont eat out that muych, but i like cuban food but i cant recall the name of the joint 1 block from the clarendon metro station..i'll look it up...

best pizza: the one i make

best bake products: Vaccaro's...i think thats the way its spelled. Its an italian pastry shop, the home base is in Baltimore in the Italian section but they have 2 small establishemnst here. One in Union Station and one on Pennsylvania Ave. dunno where, I used to go to trhe one in Union Station. Cannoli's, Biscotti, almond cookies galore..of course mine are better and they have no bathrooms for where to pile guys is bathroom stalls

Originally posted by nautilus60

i dont know about bars, movie theaters, etc., but...

This one time...

on the way to Buzz about three years ago i really needed to go to the bathroom and i wouldnt go at some dirty gas station, so we stopped at some fancy hotel near Capitol (Hilton or Hyatt, i think) and i took the biggest, bestest crap ever. The bathrooms had marble floor, chandaliers, etc., basically it was a "million dollar" bathroom. the experiences was soooo good that i still remember it three years later. Since then, everytime i need to go to the bathroom while i am driving i look for a hotel.

So, there...my memorable bathroom story.

yo, whats up with the avatar, you a Dynamo Kieve fan or somethin'?

byh the way...i thank Zag's for this one even though I havent been there in a few months...best place to watch soccer: Sommers in Arlington, killer fries alos there, but they have the worse waiters...and you cant fit 20 guys ion the bathroom stalls

byh the way...i thank Zag's for this one even though I havent been there in a few months...best place to watch soccer: Sommers in Arlington, killer fries alos there, but they have the worse waiters...and you cant fit 20 guys ion the bathroom stalls

During the World Cup, the Brazilian Embassy is a great place to watch Brazil play. They set up this big room with a projection screen TV. And there are about 30-50 Brazilians, yelling, screaming, and chanting. I went there for the last World Cup and it was a blast. I didn't check the bathroom, though. So I'm not sure if it's "pile" friendly. :D

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

During the World Cup, the Brazilian Embassy is a great place to watch Brazil play. They set up this big room with a projection screen TV. And there are about 30-50 Brazilians, yelling, screaming, and chanting. I went there for the last World Cup and it was a blast. I didn't check the bathroom, though. So I'm not sure if it's "pile" friendly. :D

hmm..im gonna check on that, see if embassys do stuff during the WC...

best Bally's gym: The one in Rockville. Huge, clean swimming pool and hot chicks everywhere.

best palce to pre-party: malanee's.

second best place to pre-party: crank's with or with out Larry and twinkie jello

best place to post party: malanees

second best place to post-party: crowns

however rumor has it that crank has hot girls in bathtubs at his pos-parties :D

/jk/

/jk/

i will now exit stage right......

hmm..im gonna check on that, see if embassys do stuff during the WC...

best Bally's gym: The one in Rockville. Huge, clean swimming pool and hot chicks everywhere.

best palce to pre-party: malanee's.

second best place to pre-party: crank's with or with out Larry and twinkie jello

best place to post party: malanees

second best place to post-party: crowns

however rumor has it that crank has hot girls in bathtubs at his pos-parties :D

/jk/

/jk/

i will now exit stage right......

I prefer the new Bally's at Pentagon Row. Just all nice and new. Bally's, of course, is the worst of all gyms in the area, but it's the cheapest!

I really need to host another pre-party, it's been awhile... have to work that out with Malanee. She's very selfish and wants to throw all of them. :tongue:

My post-parties are "special-vip-invite-only," for obvious and not-so-obvious reasons. Believe me, there's a whole lot more going on than just hot girls in tubs of twinkies and jello. ;)

I've been to that cuban place by Clarendon metro. I thought it was ok, but I went with a bunch of cubans and they thought the food sucked.

Originally posted by crank47

I've been to that cuban place by Clarendon metro. I thought it was ok, but I went with a bunch of cubans and they thought the food sucked.

the only other one i went was pretty awful, so by default that one is the best...yeh, not pretty..there a puert rican restaurant around college park that a PR friend of mine says is money.

the only other one i went was pretty awful, so by default that one is the best...yeh, not pretty..there a puert rican restaurant around college park that a PR friend of mine says is money.

There's a cuban place on 14th & K I think. I used to go there for lunch and I thought it was pretty good. Of course, I only had the black beans and rice with plantains which is pretty hard to mess up.

Originally posted by saifuku

Oh...I forgot...best TV dinner EVER....

Steuffers.....tha bomb!

the hearty tv dinners or the regular ones?

best microwave pizza: di giorno

best supermarket: fresh fields on Saturday mega-free samples, make an afternoon out of it and have a whole meal based on free samples and then go to anopther Fresh Fields for more free-bies :D

Best expensive food: Nora

Best Cheap food: Skewers

Best Sushi: Sushi Sushi in Bethesda

Best Bar: ???

Best Lounge: Blue Room or Modern

Best Cheesy Club: Heaven

Best overall club: Buzz

Best strip club: Camelot

Best Burgers: 5 guys

Best bathtub: Cranks

Best bathtub partner: Chyna :D

Best pre/after parties: Anyplace where I don't have to clean up after!

Best Health Club: Bally's Pentagon City

Best Grocery Store: Harris Teeter

Best Shoe Store: Aldo

Best Make-up: M.A.C.

I am a big soccer fan overall, and yes, Dynamo Kiev are my boys, too bad i dont get to watch them a lot, being in US and all. The only time i can see them is Summers, which is actually is th best place to watch soccer. Have to agree on the waiters and bathrooms. In fact, once i saw a waiter in a bathroom there, who did not wash his hands before getting back to work. So, i guess that place would not fall into category for best Waiters, bathrooms and hygiene.

Originally posted by nautilus60

I am a big soccer fan overall, and yes, Dynamo Kiev are my boys, too bad i dont get to watch them a lot, being in US and all. The only time i can see them is Summers, which is actually is th best place to watch soccer. Have to agree on the waiters and bathrooms. In fact, once i saw a waiter in a bathroom there, who did not wash his hands before getting back to work. So, i guess that place would not fall into category for best Waiters, bathrooms and hygiene.

ewwwww....nasty....umm, next time i'll take my own food to Summers. I'll proly head over there more frequently as the latger stges of the Champions League and local championships in europe draw nearer...yeh, Dynamo had great teams back in the day with Protasov and the like, still cant belive that Lobanovsky i sstill coaching them

ok, im kind of late entering this in this thread but how did you think to put the best place to go to the bathroom in the question?haha it doesnt even tie in remotely,......hahahaha. so when you think of going out youre like, hmmm....hey guys we can go to this club on friday and this one on saturday and oh shit....i found this phat ass bathroom we can all go to, ALL RIGHT!lol

Originally posted by photographiti

hey guys we can go to this club on friday and this one on saturday and oh shit....i found this phat ass bathroom we can all go to, ALL RIGHT!lol

Well, last week, when I had the shits every 15 minutes, it definitely factored into my decision-making process. :D