Clubplanet Nightlife Community

BiRtHdAy TiMe!!!! YAY!!!!

Next FRIDAY, MARCH 15th... It's VIXEN'S BIRTHDAY!

And I want you all to help me get ancient and come party with me somewhere!!! I have no idea where I want to go, someplace with good music, something that isn't run by panorama... Hmmmmmm

Who's at Buzz?

Who's at 1223? Apparently not Ty :hey:

Who's at Red?

Who's where that seems like a good plan?

:bounce: :bounce:

Originally posted by crank47

3/15 UK Hard House night @Buzz:

Aphrodite

Rachel Auburn

Vinylgroover

Sheila Storms

Chris Warin

The Reverend Marz Black

aaaaww yeaaaahhhh...uk hard house....i'm gunna need an IV after that night.....and superchumbo the next night...i'm takling my health insurance card with me to B'more..i hope kuro is well informed of ER's near Trust

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

Next FRIDAY, MARCH 15th... It's VIXEN'S BIRTHDAY!

And I want you all to help me get ancient and come party with me somewhere!!! I have no idea where I want to go, someplace with good music, something that isn't run by panorama... Hmmmmmm

Who's at Buzz?

Who's at 1223? Apparently not Ty :hey:

Who's at Red?

Who's where that seems like a good plan?

:bounce: :bounce:

The 15th is Hard House night at Buzz. Bunch of Tidy Trax and Nukleuz shitheads that spin shit music. I'd rather get my left testicle cut off with a screwdriver (phillips head), have it shoved down my throat, wait for my next bowel movement, then be forced to eat the testicle pieces I shat out than listen to that crappy, poor excuse for music.

The 16th is Superchumbo/Shadychumbo at Trust in Baltimore! Some filthy, dirty, nasty, make you horny, sexed up tribal and house from Tom Stephan. Will you be 21 this birthday? I think Trust is 21 & over.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

The 15th is Hard House night at Buzz. Bunch of Tidy Trax and Nukleuz shitheads that spin shit music. I'd rather get my left testicle cut off with a screwdriver (phillips head), have it shoved down my throat, wait for my next bowel movement, then be forced to eat the testicle pieces I shat out than listen to that crappy, poor excuse for music.

shady is not a big fan of hard house or techno, but disregarding his opinion, which we always do anyway :D, this night is money...and the following night also...

Originally posted by vicman

shady is not a big fan of hard house or techno, but disregarding his opinion, which we always do anyway :D, this night is money...and the following night also...

I could make a hard house tune in two seconds with my vacuum cleaner and my car's horn, and it'd probably get signed to Nukleuz as the next big thing cause it would sound exactly the same as every other piece of shit off their label. Now tell me again how that music is money. :tongue:

I could make a hard house tune in two seconds with my vacuum cleaner and my car's horn, and it'd probably get signed to Nukleuz as the next big thing cause it would sound exactly the same as every other piece of shit off their label. Now tell me again how that music is money. :tongue:

problem with progressive is that its essentially the same stuff being repeated over and over and over, so tell me that dirty tribal, progressive etc. isnt that much better...record a 30 second track and repeat it 10 times and youve got a mean mix....not that im complaining, i still like it, along with techno & hard house;)

problem with progressive is that its essentially the same stuff being repeated over and over and over, so tell me that dirty tribal, progressive etc. isnt that much better...record a 30 second track and repeat it 10 times and youve got a mean mix....not that im complaining, i still like it, along with techno & hard house;)

Oh, it's soooooooo much better. A whole lot more layers. Different sounds. Different instruments. It's not the repetitiveness that gets to me about hard house. It's the fact that every single song is exactly the same. You've got some sort of sampled crowd noise. You've got an annoying horn. And you've got a simplified bassline that any chimp could program in if sat in front of a $20 Casio keyboard. And then you have the drumrolls. The god-awful drumrolls. Ugh. I get all teary eyed when I think that people out there are fooled into thinking that it's actually music.

Ugh. I get all teary eyed when I think that people out there are fooled into thinking that it's actually music.

dude, what we hear at clubs now a days is nothing compared to the music that was produced in the 70's and 60's...c'mon how can you compare "Earth, Wind and Fire" with any type of music we hear now a days, tribal, progressive, whatever, that was music back then. layers of music? try classical music. that a person can compose a whole symphony and get over 50 people to play x-y or z notes at precise moments, thats music.

dude, what we hear at clubs now a days is nothing compared to the music that was produced in the 70's and 60's...c'mon how can you compare "Earth, Wind and Fire" with any type of music we hear now a days, tribal, progressive, whatever, that was music back then. layers of music? try classical music. that a person can compose a whole symphony and get over 50 people to play x-y or z notes at precise moments, thats music.

If you strip away all the layers you'll realize that club music (except hard house) is very similar to an orchestral piece. Only it's harder and faster. But each layer of sound put together, whether by a computer or by a conductor conducting 50 different instruments to make a harmonious sound is no different. Electronic music (except hard house) is no more nor less musical than a classical orchestral piece. Both are very complex pieces made from different sounds of parts played together to make a whole. Electronic music (except hard house) is in many ways just as musical as classical compositions, and more musical than any of the band played music (which usually have only four or five layers) out there. And when you hear a good DJ (not Oakie) put two tunes together and effectively layer the sounds of the two tunes to create a whole new layered composition of sound, it's something that even orchestras couldn't accomplish.

Happy Birthday!

0,1127,1097,00.gif

March

Stone: Aquamarine, Bloodstone

Characteristic: Courage

Flower: Violet/Jonquil

"Lots of changes and transformations...

The idea is to maintain yourself and concentrate completely upon the things you are doing and knowing why exactly you are doing them in the first place. There's going to be a lot of positive effects to follow and also the opportunities to "go slack" now that the "pressure is off..."

Originally posted by malanee

Shady and Vic: STFU and enjoy the music please!

Ohhhhhhhhh. It just started getting good. We were comparing and contrasting electronic music (except hard house) to orchestral compositions. I've ear-fucked many a people with my oral dissertations on this subject. :D

Ohhhhhhhhh. It just started getting good. We were comparing and contrasting electronic music (except hard house) to orchestral compositions. I've ear-fucked many a people with my oral dissertations on this subject. :D

That's why no one wants to talk to you.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by malanee

That's why no one wants to talk to you.:rolleyes:

And here I thought it was cause I had the shits every 15 minutes last week. :D

*Sigh* I guess throughout history, those who think at another level have always been ostracized. Plato, Mozart, Michelangelo, Einstein, and now Shady. :rolleyes::D

And here I thought it was cause I had the shits every 15 minutes last week. :D

*Sigh* I guess throughout history, those who think at another level have always been ostracized. Plato, Mozart, Michelangelo, Einstein, and now Shady. :rolleyes::D

uh-huh, if you say so

:eek:

vic, you did NOT just say all this stuff!!!! i had so much better of an opinion of you. now the truth comes out. POSER!!!!!!!!

i'm w/ shady here. how can you say prog is not music??? omg, i think my slurpee just froze in my stomach... :eek:

Originally posted by MadamMillie

:eek:

vic, you did NOT just say all this stuff!!!! i had so much better of an opinion of you. now the truth comes out. POSER!!!!!!!!

i'm w/ shady here. how can you say prog is not music??? omg, i think my slurpee just froze in my stomach... :eek:

This is like deja vu. I remember when I was in High School in Oregon watching this same debate except it was metal vs. grunge vs. buttrock. I chose grunge cos I liked Sonic Youth.

Originally posted by MadamMillie

buttrock???? enlighten the uninformed....

Buttrock [aka Cock-rock (for the stance)] - Poison, Stryper, Winger, BonJovi, etc. Bands with girlie men singing happy party-anthems or love song for girls in leg warmers. Not to be confused bands with girlie-looking men singing harder metal (ie. Motley Crue, Twisted Sister, etc).

In any case, metal and buttrock sucks.

Wow! I see my birthday has sparked quite the discussion!

Thanks, Crown, for the lil horoscope and cake :D

Alright so thus far options are... UK hard house which may or may not be the club equiv of something called buttrock... trust.. I will be 20 but I have ID... hmmmm where else around the city? :confused:

buttrock bwahahahahah sorry that just gets me every time I say it.