Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is there anything going on this weekend?

Kuro

we could all stay in and listen to buzz on the radio, have someone flick the lightswitch up and down, and throw a pile of jackets in the middle of the floor...maybe someone could stand in the kitchen and sell $3 glasses of tap water??

I need to take a look at the assingments. Actually, there's a paper for one class before the programming assignment(s) so I need to do some research on IP security for thatt. I'm not sure which assignment my group picked for the cryptography class, which is part of the reason I need to start looking at it.

Originally posted by djbuster

we could all stay in and listen to buzz on the radio, have someone flick the lightswitch up and down, and throw a pile of jackets in the middle of the floor...maybe someone could stand in the kitchen and sell $3 glasses of tap water??

We could take a hula hoop and attach flashlights all around the circle and raise it up and down like the big light truss in the back of the main room, too!

Actually, I'm looking forward to Donald Glaude. I haven't seen the happiest man in show business in ages!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

No seriously, I'm going to the best place to hit on a Sunday night, gonna work my weekend around it. MODERN!!!!

(yeah I know, DJ whore....... promoting fellow CPers..... ) It's nice and chill and they have some serious scotch there, perfect for a Sunday evening. Oh and that DJ guy isn't that bad either.

Originally posted by crank47

Feelgood, Donald Glaude and the Virus Records crew, if you're into that kind of thing. I'm going to see Feelgood and Glaude (and I haven't been to a real club in 2 weeks and am suffering music and dance withdrawal).

yeah for me a real kicker is that friend of mine is taking her nephew for his first real club night out..poor kid doesnt know what he has gotten himself into...:D

Originally posted by sauvee88

No seriously, I'm going to the best place to hit on a Sunday night, gonna work my weekend around it. MODERN!!!!

(yeah I know, DJ whore....... promoting fellow CPers..... ) It's nice and chill and they have some serious scotch there, perfect for a Sunday evening. Oh and that DJ guy isn't that bad either.

i like that place and definitly dig the music, what sux is that i get up at 4:30am on weekdays, thats why i'm only there when i have a monday off or get a bad case of food poisoning on Monday morning :D

Originally posted by Kuro

Not on the website or the last e-mail they sent me. Maybe I'll go check out Glaude.

For anyone that has never seen him before, or even if you have, you should DEFINITELY check out The Donald! Especially if he really isn't a resident anymore, then there's no telling when he'll be back.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

He's not listed as a resident in the e-mails anymore. I'd be psyched if he still were a resident. But it's been a while since he's been around. I think Buzz and DG are parting ways. :(

i erased all the -emails i got from Buzz today, but i'm pretty sure he was listed. last time he was schedueld to be here like 2 months ago, something happened, either he wasnt able to make it, or was sick or something, i remember that, 'cause I havnet seen him and I webt that night to see him spin and was dissapointed that he had cancelled

Originally posted by crank47

Feelgood, Donald Glaude and the Virus Records crew, if you're into that kind of thing. I'm going to see Feelgood and Glaude (and I haven't been to a real club in 2 weeks and am suffering music and dance withdrawal).

Feelgood is also @Sonar in Balto on thursday if anyone wants some extra Feelgood...or umm Feel extra good or somethin'...

|| || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || ||

Thanks to all of you for the feedback on the line situation at HoneyDew. Although we can’t promise that you won’t ever see long lines again at Buzz, we will do our best to make the lines move as quickly as possible.

Visit the Buzz Message Board:

http://www.buzzlife.com and click the 09.MSSG.BRD link.

Discussion forums on house, drum ‘n’ bass, breaks,

progressive, techno, 2-step garage, downtempo...

+ forums on dance crews, event listings, DJ advice, DJ requests and more

Buzz | #1 Mega Club in America 2001 | Urb Magazine

Capitol Intensive Clubbing | A Buzzlife Production

Friday Nights at Nation | 18 & over | Valid Gov't-Issued Photo I.D. Necessary

Progressive | House | Drum 'n' Bass | Trance | Techno | Breaks | 2-Step Garage

Buzz broadcasts “LIVE” on WHFS 99.1 FM from 12 midnight – 3 a.m. Friday evenings

Pre-recorded live sets from Buzz on XM Radio available nationwide!

XM channel 80 “The Move,” Fridays from midnight thru 6 a.m.

|| || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || |||| || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || ||

The Red Hour, every Friday from 10 p.m. - 11 p.m., w/ Red Bull Vodka specials

FRIDAY, MARCH 8, 2002: VIRUS TOUR — NEW HOST EPIDEMIC

Admission: $15 before 11 p.m. | $20 after 11 p.m.

FEELGOOD || www.moonshinemusic.com | www.djfeelgood.com, Baltimore ||

DONALD GLAUDE || Respect Recordings | Moonshine, Seattle ||

<Donald’s “Live at Buzz” CD out now on Moonshine Music>

ED RUSH || Virus, UK ||

OPTICAL || Virus, UK ||

RYME TYME || Virus, UK ||

DUBLOGIK || Fusion Records | Chocolate Music, DC ||

DJ MYST || instinctivegrooves.com | electrolife.com, DC ||

PROPHECY PROJEKT || Arlingtronica | EQDC | 2econdlevel, DC ||

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

The Virus Records crew — Ed Rush, Optical and Ryme Tyme, land Buzz’s fourth drum ‘n’ bass residency spot. Expect to hear them 6 times per year (once every other month), along with other drum ‘n’ bass residents Total Science, Dieselboy and John Tab. Not to be outdone, the main room welcomes another resident to its ranks — Charles Feelgood — who threw Baltimore’s Fever party for almost a decade with Scott Henry. Feelgood will also be at Buzz on alternating months. 2002 is looking mighty real right now!

FRIDAY, MARCH 15, 2002: U.K. HARD HOUSE TAKEOVER!

Admission: $12 before 11 p.m. | $15 after 11 p.m.

If you’re into harder dance sounds, then it is imperative that you make your voice heard tonight. We’ve received many of your requests for more U.K. Hard House and techno DJ’s at Buzz, and one of our New Year’s resolutions of 2002 was to broaden this sound’s range here in DC. You may have noticed added diversity to our recent lineups. So drag out your friends who dig this sound, get the word out online and represent fully tonight, to show that tougher beats belong in the main room at Buzz too! This night will mark the first time with an entire main room lineup comprised of UK Hard House DJ’s. These DJ’s are 200% confirmed — all visas are in order, and we’re working with different agencies this time.

RACHEL AUBURN || Tidy Trax | TEC | RA Records, UK ||

VINYLGROOVER || Nukleuz, UK ||

APHRODITE || Aphrodite Recordings | Urban Takeover | V2, UK ||

SHEILA STORMS || chocolatemusic.com | Fusion, DC ||

CHRIS WARIN || Rhythm Republic | 5” Taint, DC ||

THE REV. MARZ BLACK || The-Syndicate.net | Kingsize-USA | Futurewerx, NYC)

Rachel Auburn is an accomplished and energetic DJ from the UK who has rocked dancefloors from her early days of Taboo to recent residencies at The Fridge and Garage, in London. She can always be relied upon to ignite any dance floor with her trademark Hard UK House sound. She has played in clubs all over the world from Ibiza, Japan, South Africa and of course London's infamous Trade, the Mecca for all Hard House lovers. Rachel is also part of the infamous Tidy Girls -- made up of Lisa Lashes, Anne Savage and Lisa Pinup. Visit her website at:http://www.truelove.co.uk/rachel/index.html

Vinylgroover first started DJ'ing in 1992 at the age of 15, and by 1994 he was headlining events such as Tribal Gathering, Universe and World Dance, playing in front of tens of thousands every week at only 17 years of age. He held residencies at Dreamscape, Helter Skelter and Fusion to name but a few, there was also bookings with the likes of Carl Cox at massive clubs such as Kinetic, The Manor, Rhythm Station, Hard Dock, The Eclypse and Pandemonium. As the 90’s progressed, the music coming from the likes of Tidy Trax, Tinrib and the formation of the Nukleuz label seemed to lead the way for a tough, underground house style which grabbed his attention right away. In the U.K he can be found spinning at the massive Bowlers complex in Manchester, Submaniac at Imperial Gardens, Amedaus in Kent, Lakota and G.B.H. in Bristol and Bath, as well as some forthcoming Nukleuz one-off events. From: http://www.damndjs.com/

|| || SPECIAL EVENT || || WEDNESDAY, MARCH 20, 2002:

Buzzlife Productions and Balance Promote Group present a pre-WMC event

NICK WARREN

SANDER KLEINENBERG

ANTHONY PAPPA

On Wednesday, March 20, Buzzlife Productions and Balance Promote Group will showcase a top-notch international lineup from some of the world’s best progressive DJ talent. We are extremely excited to bring this show to Nation for a pre-Winter Music Conference celebration of progressive music.

Advance tickets are $18. They go on sale, Monday, February 25, 2002

You must be 18 years of age or older w/ a valid, government-issued, photo I.D.

Please do not purchase a ticket if you do not meet the age requirements.

To purchase advance tickets please call:

202-432-SEAT or 800-551-7328 (Ticketmaster)

202-338-5638 (Yoshitoshi shop in Georgetown)

To purchase advance tickets online: www.ticketmaster.com

Tickets will also be sold at the door. We recommend that you purchase tickets in advance.

FRIDAY, MARCH 22, 2002: BATTLE OF THE BREAKS

Admission: $12 before 11 p.m. | $15 after 11 p.m.

JODY from WAY OUT WEST || DistinctiveUK | Nettwerk | Hands on Deck, UK ||

TALL PAUL || www.djtallpaul.com | “Mixed Live” is available on Moonshine, UK ||

MARCUS INTALEX || Metalheadz | 31 Records | Reinforced | Renegade Recordings, UK ||

WES SMITH || Juice Recordings | TheFunktion.com | D Tribe Productions, DC ||

DJ SMALLS || 00bliss.com | Scratchtraxx.com | Juice Recordings, DC ||

MICHAEL MAXIM || Scratchtraxx.com | CharmCityRaves.com, Baltimore ||

MARK FORREST || Scratchtraxx.com, Baltimore ||

DEE JAY CLUTCH || 5” taint | Disco Phever Records | Stonefinger | www.inthemix1.com, DC ||

Join the ranks in the front room breakbeat wars — funky breaks vs. junglistic breaks. Marcus Intalex matches his drum ‘n’ bass wits against local DJ breakbeatsters, Wes Smith, DJ Smalls and Scratch Traxx DJ’s, Michael Maxim and Mark Forrest. You determine tonight which beats break best. Plus, Juice Recordings will be giving away copies of their forthcoming CD “The Breakbeat Bunch V2,” classic 12” vinyl from their back-catalog and copies of Wes Smith’s latest demo CD to the first 100 people.

FRIDAY, MARCH 29, 2002: DEEP DISH & TANTARA PERFORMANCE!

Admission: $15 before 11 p.m. | $20 after 11 p.m.

Two lucky winners were given the royal treatement — free flights to DC, lodging in a 4-star hotel and no-line, quick-access entry. Join them as we celebrate how lucky we are to have Deep Dish as residents in their hometown of DC. Don’t miss the dance performances on stage by the Tantara dancers — if you’ve caught them at Sasha, Erick Morillo, the Mardi Gras party and January’s Deep Dish gig, you know to expect some A-plus quality theatrics and dancing.

DEEP DISH <spinning an extended set> || www.deepdish.com | www.yoshitoshi.com, DC ||

BEHROUZ || Yoshitoshi | Release, San Francisco ||

DYLAN presents FAITH IN CHAOS <DJ set w/ vocals of Robyn Scharaga> || Outbreak | Cylon | Invaders, UK ||

USUAL SUSPECTS || Renegade Hardware, UK ||

JOHN TAB || Buzz | Solitary Refinement | Sell Your Soul, DC ||

Sneak Peak — Friday, April 5, 2002 — DJ Dan, DJ Marky, DJ Craze, Scott Henry, Dom & Roland, Hernan Cattaneo + more...

John Tab mixed CD’s — available at Buzz and at Yoshitoshi in Georgetown (202.338.5638)

“No Limitations” | “Solitary Refinement” | “ Sell Your Soul “

To win free passes to our events, visit www.lemurgene.com, www.eastcoasthappy.com, www.dcnites.com and www.smother.net and look for ticket giveaway contests on those sites...

You can stay up-to-date on all Buzz lineups and general info by

subscribing to our email mailing list. Here's all you have to do to

be added to our e-mailing list:

Send a blank email to:

buzz-l-subscribe@topica.com

Or to unsubscribe, send a blank email to:

buzz-l-unsubscribe@topica.com

Buzz Happens at Nation Every Friday

|| Buzz Resident DJ's ||

| Deep Dish |

| Tall Paul |

| DJ Dan |

| Ed Rush |

| Optical |

| Ryme Tyme |

| Dieselboy |

| Total Science |

| Dave Ralph |

| Feelgood |

| Scott Henry |

| John Tab |

Are you interested in promoting for Buzz? Send Sarah S., Buzz'

director of promotion, an email at promo@clockworkproductions.com

Lighting by John Niederhauser

Dance performances by Tantara

Doors open at 10 p.m.

Illegal drug use of ANY kind is NOT TOLERATED.

talk2buzz@buzzlife.com

Info line 202.554.1500

www.buzzlife.com

Nation, 1015 Half St. SE, Washington, DC

Originally posted by vicman

i erased all the -emails i got from Buzz today, but i'm pretty sure he was listed. last time he was schedueld to be here like 2 months ago, something happened, either he wasnt able to make it, or was sick or something, i remember that, 'cause I havnet seen him and I webt that night to see him spin and was dissapointed that he had cancelled

Here's the resident's list from the Buzz e-mail. He's not on it. I wonder if Buzz dropped him cause he's missed a number of gigs? I know of two he was a no show for in the past year and a half. And if the last time he was scheduled, he got sick, that would make three. One time, he missed his plane. I couldn't fucking believe that.

|| Buzz Resident DJ's ||

| Deep Dish |

| Tall Paul |

| DJ Dan |

| Ed Rush |

| Optical |

| Ryme Tyme |

| Dieselboy |

| Total Science |

| Dave Ralph |

| Feelgood |

| Scott Henry |

| John Tab |

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

Here's the resident's list from the Buzz e-mail. He's not on it. I wonder if Buzz dropped him cause he's missed a number of gigs? I know of two he was a no show for in the past year and a half. And if the last time he was scheduled, he got sick, that would make three. One time, he missed his plane. I couldn't fucking believe that.

|| Buzz Resident DJ's ||

| Deep Dish |

| Tall Paul |

| DJ Dan |

| Ed Rush |

| Optical |

| Ryme Tyme |

| Dieselboy |

| Total Science |

| Dave Ralph |

| Feelgood |

| Scott Henry |

| John Tab |

i posted this question on the buzz board too see if they know...maybe i saw it in an old e-mial...like honeydew 1 e-mail from last year lying around my mailbox

Originally posted by vicman

i posted this question on the buzz board too see if they know...maybe i saw it in an old e-mial...like honeydew 1 e-mail from last year lying around my mailbox

Yeah. I do that all the time. I've shown up for meetings that happened two years ago wondering where the fuck everyone is.

I'm REALLY curious to know why DG got the boot. I wonder if Buzz gave him the boot, or if he quit on his own. Scandal rocks the DC club scene. Full story at 11:00.