Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Whats wrong with the club scene today?????

fliz77

You know why i love centro fly so much????Cause its not 40 feakin bucks to get in....The fact that world and other clubs are charging 40 bucks...that guestlist is 35 bucks is just nuts...the scene is suffering because of all the greed and its absolute bullshit....sorry to rant in the "music" section but i just wanted to vent and share my thoughts with my music peeps...i dont care how great a place is or how much money people are willing to shell out to see a rare appearance from a great DJ....THIS SHIT MUST END....less people are going out now than in the past 25 years of clubbing....and its pretty fuckin sad. Once again, sorry to vent....

FLIZ

I definately do not have a strong opinion about this issue one way or the other......just thought of factor that should be mentioned.......

Some of these clubs w/ high cover charges can't rely on bringing in $$$$$ from alcohol sales (important)......maybe they can compensate a bit with the increasing water sales......but ultimately......as drugs continue to become more & more popular in the club scene (not like they ever haven't been, but).........less alcohol is sold.......less money is made......so.......maybe that has something to do with inflating cover charges.

Now I could be completely wrong.......just food for thought.;)

i totally agree with what you are saying...i was thinking about this earlier as a matter of fact....just look....3 of the nyc's most legendary clubs that could be talked about around the world are non existant this day....twilo, the tunnel and limelight......

there is no place for a sick dj to spin at...they only go to exit now becasue thats the only place that can afford to pay them.....the scene nowadays is just about going out and getting smashed and people lose focus on the music.......

dont forget we are a minority here.....more people go out to get fucked up then to listen to the music

Originally posted by bmw4jay

CENTRO is pretty good....however, theres nothing like a long nite and closin it @ S.F!! :D.....I am probably one of the very few that doesn't go there to get mangled.....and the cover usually aint too bad for us...:shades:

alot of people go to SF......and live and die for the place...but you gotta realize SF is not the best place....

Originally posted by msoprano13

i totally agree with what you are saying...i was thinking about this earlier as a matter of fact....just look....3 of the nyc's most legendary clubs that could be talked about around the world are non existant this day....twilo, the tunnel and limelight......

there is no place for a sick dj to spin at...they only go to exit now becasue thats the only place that can afford to pay them.....the scene nowadays is just about going out and getting smashed and people lose focus on the music.......

dont forget we are a minority here.....more people go out to get fucked up then to listen to the music

this is so true, alot of people really dont care, as long as something is on, they really dont.

if i go to a club, i wanna listen to the music, enjoy the atmosphere, and meet new people.

Originally posted by djkrackct

Fuck drinking at clubs..

It's all about the 5th letter in the alphabet! ;)

i could have swore it was about the music?

no offense...but that's another thing that is wrong with the scene.......

Originally posted by spikesnj

alot of people go to SF......and live and die for the place...but you gotta realize SF is not the best place....

I hear ya...but for me it is. Thats the one place I can count on seeing my friends every week and just feeling comfortable..By far not the best place, but "in my eyes"(Luz D):rolleyes: and my ears it's a place I know I'll enjoy over and over again....To each his own...:D