Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How do you realize that EX isn't for you (after they come back)

georgym

Ok,,, I hate to complain on here, but I know you Sexxy board members have all been through relationships that you thought were "the one", only to fall to pieces.

But what about when you break up for not a particularly serious problem, only a minor thing (like school-priority, not ready to commit, etc..) And that ex comes back TO HAUNT YOU :worry:

I mean, my ex came back to me last weekend, and it seemed like she wanted to start things up again. She called me 3X a day, acted like things never changed.

Then last night, on the phone, she's like "George, have u ever thought about dating?" And I'm like "not when I'm with someone in a relationship, no...I'm satisfied then".

SO Basically, She tells me she's not ready for a commitment. Have any of you girls ever felt that?

I mean, my ex has lots of issues (anxiety, both mom & dad are psychologists, she worries about life and choices all the time).

So maybe it's best that she be left alone. But i can't help but wonder what could have been, espec. after knowing there's something there, but we can't go for it b/c she's not ready...

Papa would appreciate some feedback, while i sob in utter confusion

:confused::(:confused:

Originally posted by ReginaP

and I'm starting to think that if it's not easy...is it worth it? :(

Yes bebs....A theory I stand by!!! I'm not speaking of the whole relationship being easy...I'm just speaking of the feelings....i mean...when the feelings just flow and it's so easy just to care about that person and have them return those feelings....

If the situation is otherwise....to me, it's bullshit!

Originally posted by marcid21

The game of love is a fucking sick joke....BAH!!!!!

:mad:

True... so true...

That fairy-tale bullshit might have held some weight back in the day, but it's the 21st century now. Humans are slowly weaning themselves off of that kinda shit. Love is an emotion that gets in the way of too much shit.

Go for yours, and don't let love get in your way. You can still care for someone, but don't get sucked into that 'perfect someone' hype. Happiness these days is found in accomplishment whether it has anything to do with those you care about (or love).

It isn't easy. If it was than everyone would be doing it and there would be no war in the world.

It will come again and when it is right, it will be easy for parts and hard for others, but it will come back again. And now you will be just that much wiser for the next one.

Originally posted by ReginaP

:( ask me when my love life isn't in shambles...I've had everything from immaturity to religion get in the way (in the same relationship :rolleyes: ) and I'm starting to think that if it's not easy...is it worth it? :(

I hear ya......my ex and I broke up for a couple reasons (school, commitment issues, and the fact that he moved to Canada :rolleyes: ) so I get a call from him the other day telling me he's coming down to the city and would like to see me....there was always some sorta drama with this kid but I loved him....BUT i just couldn't give in...I have a new hunny who is a total sweetie and has never done anything to hurt me...I can't hurt him....so I told the ex (who knows about the new guy) I couldn't see him and he said he understood and felt like a dick for even asking...but he missed me??? Whateva...just don't think of tryin that shit again...I'm not ur booty call! :mad:

Originally posted by siceone

Yo papa do you work for american airlines??

cause if not your not traind to handle that kinda baggage

NIcely said, Sic....

This girl certainly has some issues AND baggage to stow away, i just didn't realize at the time that it would engulf the relationship.

I guess the only thing i can do is let her go to get herself straight, and hope for the best, cause i don't wanna be with someone who is all over the place.

Love is a tough thing, only something so great can come crashing down so hard. But i do have faith and believe in what covetoys said:

It will come again and when it is right, it will be easy for parts and hard for others, but it will come back again. And now you will be just that much wiser for the next one.

I will just take things easy for now, and when love (or whatever that funky fresh feeling is) comes calling, I will be more prepared.

Thanks!

:)

Hey George, this girl doesn't know what she wants.. and she is putting you on an emotional rollercoaster..you are too nice for that!!!

Don't let her abuse you like that!! She leads you on.. then acts cold with you and says she needs space???

I know how much you care about her but dont let her do that to you..it will constantly bring you down..especially when you are picking yourself back up..

She is only leading you back to the starting point over and over...

Give her space let her figure out what she wants to do with her life first..but dont fall into her booby trap..

She has way to many issues..

Just keep on living life, like you have...and keep her in the back of your head...

Fall Forwards..not backwards....:D

Originally posted by synderella420

Hey George, this girl doesn't know what she wants.. and she is putting you on an emotional rollercoaster..you are too nice for that!!!

Don't let her abuse you like that!! She leads you on.. then acts cold with you and says she needs space???

She is only leading you back to the starting point over and over...

Give her space let her figure out what she wants to do with her life first..but dont fall into her booby trap..

Fall Forwards..not backwards....:D

It's hard, but im starting to realize this all, Kim. Espec after it has happened TWICE:eek:

It's time for me to be the smart, tough one and not call, not ACCEPT the incoming calls and attempts she makes.

I realize this won't happen overnight, and it's a timely process, but like you all said... Give her her time, even IF she comes back, and do things for myself now.

Papa's getting from :( to :) slowly but surely, thanks to all of you;)

Ex girlfriends can be such a thorn in one's side. There is a reason why she's your ex, and you should keep that in mind when she's trying to woo you back her.

My ex-girlfriend of 4 years gave me a call out of the blue earlier this week. Now it's been almost 2 years since we last talked (I don't believe in the lets still be friends routine) so I was quite shocked to hear from her. To top it off, she tells me she's getting married. I wish her congrats and tell her he's a lucky guy, blah, blah, blah. Now I've been on a week long drinking spree since she called. I've been over our relationship for the longest time (I was the one who broke it off) but hearing from her really struck a nerve in me. Sorry, I just had to vent.

Originally posted by senorfern

Yeah, Senorfern... I think that's kind F* 'ed up that she calls you just to tell you that. I mean, you guys moved on with your lives... Did both of you mutually accept the breakup?/?

Mine's more complicated, involving dumb little issues... but enough to call a relationship off:(