Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Montreal

montreal is really cool. i heard sona is a cool club to check out, i know that carl cox and deep dish have spun there, so it should be cool place to check out. another club is extreme, that's off of st. catherines st. st. catherines is the place to be, all the clubs, bars, shops, and strip clubs are on this this street, plus there are cool stores to go to.

as for strip joints, they're not bad. they're pretty happening, when i went, i saw a good number of girls there:) there are a whole bunch of strip clubs, they're not seedy at all.

sona is definetly a happening place....i saw oakenfold there last april 12th...really had a great time...red light afterhours is great too...some other clubs/lounges that are good too are bubbles, vatican, aria, dome ......lata

Hey man! When are you comin' over? I've got a friend from N-Y who's in town and I'm takin' him out... finishin' the night (friday) at Sona. Let me know if you're goin'. I'll see if Boston dudes are really up to their reputation of Hardcore partyin'.

Anyway man hope Montreal treats you good. By the way If you want the Boston upgrade go Ste-Catherine and Crescent... but if you want the real Montreal clubbing shit St-Laurent st. between Sherbrooke st. and DesPins st. is where it's at. The chicks are almost as naked as in the strip clubs (allright not that much) but you dont have to pay for them. Amazing crowd and venues all within a block. Then you go After-Hours.

Later dude

I'll be up there for S&D on the 28th @ Sona... Sona is def. the best club in Montreal, though I did have a great time at Aria w/ Danny Howells. Dome is very cheezy, skip it and just go to a strip club before heading to Sona for afterhours. Chez' Paree is the best one up there. Very classy. Supersex gets a little too out of hand for me with all the drunk Americans in there.

When are you heading up?

Yo it's gonna be fawken freezn' this weekend!!! Oh well still make the best of it, what night is better at Sona?? Fri/Sat??? I heard that there is an attitude problem but your right can't be worse then here......

I also hear that they hate us Bostonians so I should keep my "wicked" accent to myself. What time should I head over to Sona?? is it true they just pick you to get in, no line proccess? How about "gentlemen" astblishments?? a kid i'm going with sais go to this place called Teazers??

Any help would be great! thanx Mike

Also what's the deal with bringing stuff over the border, I;m coming up in a greyhound bus, they search the bus/you??

Hey man,

Sona is good both nights but with different styles. Friday is tecno sat is house tec-house. I like fridays better... litle more eclectic, kinda more funky/underground. People take themselves less seriously. Chick for chick, I'll take the friday one over the saturday one anytime.

Be there round 12:00 caus' if you're no guest, you're gonna get the line process allright. Policy on the big nights is one girl with every guy or go home. Worst case scenario... match-up with a chick in the line-up. Most of the cool ones will do it. They know they're fuckin' getting in anyway.

And man, bout the accent. I dont know? It seems you Bostonians have a good reputation with Montreal babes. Go figure :confused:

Later man

I've never had a problem getting into Sona. No matter what time of night it is. I usually head over around 2-3am after the strip clubs close and have always walked pretty much right in. Maybe a 5-10 minute wait. I've been there with a group of 6 guys and didn't have a problem getting in either. But of course, having girls with you doesn't hurt. I make the trip up to Sona about every other month and I would take the wait in line there over the lines in NYC any day. But they do pick you out when you're on line. But not as bad as in Miami. Just get right up in front and the bouncers usually notice you right away. I don't know, maybe I've been lucky every time I've been there for the last 3 years.... As for strip clubs, the classiest place has to be Chez Paree'. Go here and you and all your friends chip in for VIP and it is def. worth it. The place is very comfortable and worth the extra $$$. (Generally $40-$50 cdn to the bouncer for the whole group) will get you VIP seating. I'll be up there on the 28th for Sasha and Digweed and I'll be @ Chez Paree for the pre-party. As for getting things across on a bus. Shouldn't be a problem. I've brought stuff over every time and never had a problem. If you're nervous, you can always get it at the club...The dealers seem honest enough and not as bad as the ones in the city. Good luck.. and if you're there on the 28th, let me know and we can meet up or something....

• 3 weeks later...

If you really want to have fun in Montreal, Check out Stereo. April 20, 2002 The legendary Angel Moraes will be playing there. It makes for one hell of a party. stereo is #1 in Montreal. How could they not. They have the worlds #1 Analog sound system and were voted the #5 club in the world. #1 in all of North America. Hell the only one in North America on this exclusive list of clubs. Angel goes back to his Brooklyn Roots whenever he plays. He keeps you jammin.. No Doubt!!!

Love Saves The Day

Originally posted by raffieb

sona is definetly a happening place....i saw oakenfold there last april 12th...really had a great time...red light afterhours is great too...some other clubs/lounges that are good too are bubbles, vatican, aria, dome ......lata

DOME! ahahahahahahahaha

reject club babe..

try hitting illume, kokinos & newtown. and if you're into that underage drug crowed try out Jet :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...