Jump to content
Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
pangelid

Heard JP in Cancun Twice at...

Recommended Posts

La Boom and then Pat Obriens mardi Gras Night...

and all I have to say is POTS N PANS in full effect.

I still don't understand why he gets booked outside SF b/c his dj skills are out of control bad. 4 trainwrecks in a 3 hr set. WAAAAACK for an international superstar....

HOWEVER................he droped GOING THRU IT for like 30 minutes both nights and I absoluetly went nuts. Barely anybody else was feeling him xcept the guidos from Mass [Avalon Kids] and Villanova. Peters def. doesnt fit the spring break crowd.

Now, Benji Solis, the La Boom resident was tearin it up......that damn mexican has some hot jams....

was anybody else there???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest saleen351

I think this thread answers that other threads question about why JP isn't on the top 100 list, its obvious, he plays to a cracked out minority.......

pangelid: how was the broads down there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by saleen351

I think this thread answers that other threads question about why JP isn't on the top 100 list, its obvious, he plays to a cracked out minority.......

pangelid: how was the broads down there?

Saleen,

The girls were outtah control over there. I've never seen so much blatant nudity/hooking up/ass/titties you name it you see it

If you evah hit up Cancun, be sure you cycle roids b4hand and hit up the Hotel Oasis b/c everyone there is jacked....it was like SF on the beach.

HAHAHA!!! I loved it though.

As far as Peters goes, he get's no respect outside of NY metro/Boston. Every single guy/girl there was like this music sucks. I just laughed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by pangelid

La Boom and then Pat Obriens mardi Gras Night...

HOWEVER................he droped GOING THRU IT for like 30 minutes both nights and I absoluetly went nuts. Barely anybody else was feeling him xcept the guidos from Mass [Avalon Kids] and Villanova. Peters def. doesnt fit the spring break crowd.

was anybody else there???

Bro, did we chill???

I was fucking dancing my ass off at pat O'brians on the stage for peters.... i was wearing a blue and white kinda zebra striped pattered tang top....

I was one of the villanova heads...

you probably helped me push the stage back together a couple times!! HAH!

GOING THROUGH IT IN CANCUN!!!!!

DA DAD AD ADAAAAAADA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

get the faaaaawk outtah here!! I bumped into a bunch of NY Villanova heads....4th FLoor Oasis? I was talking to one of the Villanova girls and mentioned I was from SI, and she was like all our boys are from there, and started intoducing me to them. The only name I remember was a kid named Tsatchatori wearing like a Blue Sleeveless and Capris i think.

Anyway, I was def. helping move that stage around caus it was all bent outtah shape. HAHAHA!!! Don't forget 'Like a Prayer" for 25 minutes.

Oh, I saw you cats runnin shit at DadyO's on Thur too.....that DJ ripped it up late night...and that titty contest....Daaaaaaaamn...

Originally posted by deeznutz

Bro, did we chill???

I was fucking dancing my ass off at pat O'brians on the stage for peters.... i was wearing a blue and white kinda zebra striped pattered tang top....

I was one of the villanova heads...

you probably helped me push the stage back together a couple times!! HAH!

GOING THROUGH IT IN CANCUN!!!!!

DA DAD AD ADAAAAAADA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by captiandeca

I saw JP at la boom and mardi gras and he was amazing at both.

You just must be deaf

Don't get me wrong, he was insane, but he trainwrecked alot for a professional DJ. You also gottah admit the crowd wasn't feelin him either. OUttah the lets say the thousand people at Mardi Gras, how many people were dancing on that stage?? 50?? His sound doens't work well with people that aren't familiar with his stuff. More people were feelin Benji Solis, and the Detroit DJ that was at DaddyO's on Mon was on point too.

Fuckin DJ Clue, and KimbalL COllins were both no shows during the week...What dick heads..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by jefryscot

Personally I was not in Cancun and I think the real loser is you.

Ohhhhhhh...looks whos finally joined the board....

do me a favor, I'll pay for you to get to Cancun caus your ass needs to get out of that shithole of a town you call Richmond!!

j/k playa!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by pangelid

get the faaaaawk outtah here!! I bumped into a bunch of NY Villanova heads....4th FLoor Oasis? I was talking to one of the Villanova girls and mentioned I was from SI, and she was like all our boys are from there, and started intoducing me to them. The only name I remember was a kid named Tsatchatori wearing like a Blue Sleeveless and Capris i think.

Anyway, I was def. helping move that stage around caus it was all bent outtah shape. HAHAHA!!! Don't forget 'Like a Prayer" for 25 minutes.

Oh, I saw you cats runnin shit at DadyO's on Thur too.....that DJ ripped it up late night...and that titty contest....Daaaaaaaamn...

Bro are you kidding??? YEah i was on the 4th floor oasis!!! WTF?

DADY;O thursday, LABOOM FRIDAY, and then DADYO again Sat night!!! FUCKING I CAn't even think after this week!!!

oh yeah, teh kid you remember is Mike Tessatori, guido from SI>

MAybe i'll see you at Cractory this weekend!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by cesarleo

Like anyone in Cancun has a clue about real house music.....been there 4 times......clueless through and through.

thats what ive heard as well....everyone comes home asking me to burn em cds with alice deejay and the vengaboys on it....

what was last year? Stranger in My house?:laugh:

BG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by ibclubbin

thats what ive heard as well....everyone comes home asking me to burn em cds with alice deejay and the vengaboys on it....

what was last year? Stranger in My house?:laugh:

BG

the song last year was One More Time

this year i everyone will be asking fore Can't Keep You Outa My HEad <-------- tHE WORST SONG EVER~!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by deeznutz

the song last year was One More Time

this year i everyone will be asking fore Can't Keep You Outa My HEad <-------- tHE WORST SONG EVER~!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad:

this year will be Rapture, Trippin, and Angie Stone (on account of JP and Skribble)

BG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by pangelid

Barely anybody else was feeling him xcept the guidos from Mass [Avalon Kids] and Villanova.

Villanova!!! Yay... that's where I went to college!!! I am so proud of you guys!!! (don't ask me how long ago I graduated either, cause then I will really feel old :( ) Wow it must have been a great time there, though, sounds like you guys had fun!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by bionic

He's not an international superstar.

He has a really tight devout following that is limited to the E Coast and more specifically the Tri-State area.

apparantly u have never been to seattle... when i used to go to school out there... DJ's used to pay me to get them JP records! and clubbers used to pay me to burn them JP cd's... even had people beg me to take them home with me so they could see him! same thing with some clubbers i met in san diego.. seriously begging me and same thing with Van Couver... u should travel more!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by bionic

He's not an international superstar.

He has a really tight devout following that is limited to the E Coast and more specifically the Tri-State area.

His real followers and family are @ SF every Sunday morning...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by crystelbella21

apparantly u have never been to seattle... when i used to go to school out there... DJ's used to pay me to get them JP records! and clubbers used to pay me to burn them JP cd's... even had people beg me to take them home with me so they could see him! same thing with some clubbers i met in san diego.. seriously begging me and same thing with Van Couver... u should travel more!

Since when was Seattle considered international??

Maybe you should go back there and finish up your geography credits ;)

I am a huge fan of JP been going to SF since 98 so I'm not bashing just making a point.

I'm sure the millions and millions of people hunting you down in Van Couver for JP cd's would make you believe he's an international superstar :rolleyes: but they were probably originally from Long Island and moved there (and you could probably count them on one hand)- lol.

I didn't say he wasn't talented. My point is, he is not an international superstar. Hell, I think he'll even admit to that...

You seem to be the only one that will dispute this fact. He also has a style that is very specific and therefore has a smaller target audience.

I gaurantee you that 90pct of the people that go to see him at WMC are from this area especially since he's up against DT.

Oh, and I didn't mean that nobody knew him outside this area, I meant the majority of his real fans are from this area, the SF regulars..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×