Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My new favorite songs this week!

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

Second favorite is: Sunscape and Chris Dee - Generik (Chab Remix)

Snooze- ZZZZZZZZZZZ (I couldn't even listen to the whole track I was so bored.)

My pick for the week is:

H Foundation "Passage of Time"

Sorry shady but I hated the vocals too..........it sounded like every water downed track w/ girly vocals that came out last year..........my god and there were so many. In my opinion it's just not a stand out track. Maybe in a mix, it might work??? That's just my 2cents.

The other track- weekend players 'into the sun' - i liked. They can't be all winners. ;):tongue:

Originally posted by joeygk

Sorry shady but I hated the vocals too..........it sounded like every water downed track w/ girly vocals that came out last year..........my god and there were so many. In my opinion it's just not a stand out track. Maybe in a mix, it might work??? That's just my 2cents.

The other track- weekend players 'into the sun' - i liked. They can't be all winners. ;):tongue:

What I dig most about the Generik track is the bassline. I agree, the vocals ain't all that, but the groove it's got makes me wanna shake my booty. In fact, I was just shakin' it in front of a mirror. Wasn't pretty. :(

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

What I dig most about the Generik track is the bassline. I agree, the vocals ain't all that, but the groove it's got makes me wanna shake my booty. In fact, I was just shakin' it in front of a mirror. Wasn't pretty. :(

Are we talkin' about the same song? Booty shakin? Give me 10 minutes, I'll get back to you. I'm going to go listen again, all the way through--- maybe I missed the cool part????

Are we talkin' about the same song? Booty shakin? Give me 10 minutes, I'll get back to you. I'm going to go listen again, all the way through--- maybe I missed the cool part????

There are two really, really, really cool parts to the tune. One is right after the intro. About three minutes in or so, there's this little dubby vocal sample. Right after that, the bassline kicks in something fierce. It's fun as hell to mix cause of that.

I also dig the way the tune comes back in after the breakdown.

That song is so anti-climatic. It does have a nice bassline, but I need something more. It's like it's building and building, taking it's time until it's ready to explode, but it never does- it just dies off. I definately wasn't booty shakin' (I was kind of bobbing my shoulders, but definately no booty shakin').

Plus, the vocals are soooooo irritating: "you want to change, it's not too late.................blah, blah, blah, blah." It's like she's a dying cat, someone put her out of her misery.

Sorry- I tried. :D

That song is so anti-climatic. It does have a nice bassline, but I need something more. It's like it's building and building, taking it's time until it's ready to explode, but it never does- it just dies off. I definately wasn't booty shakin' (I was kind of bobbing my shoulders, but definately no booty shakin').

Plus, the vocals are soooooo irritating: "you want to change, it's not too late.................blah, blah, blah, blah." It's like she's a dying cat, someone put her out of her misery.

Sorry- I tried. :D

Yo, you gotta read the Chris Fortier Bedrock thread and check out which track made the preliminary tracklisting. :D

There are a ton of super popular songs I never end up liking..........remember Trisco 'Musak' that song was huge, and I hated it. Event he steve lawler remix pissed me off.

Glad, to hear that track is exploding........good thing to have on your demo then? ;) ;)

There are a ton of super popular songs I never end up liking..........remember Trisco 'Musak' that song was huge, and I hated it. Event he steve lawler remix pissed me off.

Glad, that track to hear the track is exploding........good thing to have on your demo then? ;) ;)

How dare you talk shit about Steve Lawler. He is now off my shitlist, and you have taken his place on it! :D

I gave my mix from last night a good listening this morning, and I think I'm gonna have to throw it away. 10/11 mixes are good. There's one that's a bit dodgy. Fuck. I hate trying to record demos. I just converted it to MP3. I'll put it in your queue to have a listen. Tell me if you think the dodgy mix is too offensive for public listening.

Glad, to hear that track is exploding........good thing to have on your demo then? ;) ;)

The Lawler mix of Musak was cool. But I guess we all have varying tastes.

I'm bored and on spring break.........give me the mix, I'll listen. However, I refuse to listen to that 'generic' track one more time. you've already tricked me into listening to it like 3 times- enough already!

he'll probably make you listen to it another 20 times

I'm bored and on spring break.........give me the mix, I'll listen. However, I refuse to listen to that 'generic' track one more time. you've already tricked me into listening to it like 3 times- enough already!

Ok. It's the third track on the mix. At least listen to the mix in and out of it before you forward it through. I'm telling you. The way the bassline kicks in on that tune after the intro, it's a very DJ friendly song. I could mix that song all day long.

The fourth through sixth tracks may sound a bit familiar. They're in exactly the same order as on my last mix. But I tightened up the mix on those a bit. Then the mix into the seventh track sucks my left nut. It got away from me, but I think I recovered quick enough to at least make it not so offensive. But then again, I'm just trying to justify not having to slave over the decks for another night. I queued it up in your AG. It's called Walkaway. Lemme know what you think of the flow, too. I tried to do an up and then down type of flow. Thus the title "Walkaway".