Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How Do You Ever Trust Him/Her Again???

aboyfrombklyn

Originally posted by SPYGIRL2

How are things going???

Not too good. I think about leaving her all the time, but I just find myself going back. One of our biggest problems now is that she still wants to hang out with the people who are helping her ruin her life, a problem with both her therapist and I. Of course I'm the "bad" guy in this because they all think I'm running her life when I'm really just trying to help her make it better. She thinks she can hang out with her "friends" as long as they don't do drugs in front of her. She also thinks that she can drink, as long as she only drinks a little. My problem? How am I supposed to trust her with them when they all lied to me constantly in the past? You can't get better when you're with those people, even if they're not doing anything in front of you. Any urge she ever has will be easier to give in to when she's with them. It's that simple. They're called triggers. If you had an alcoholic brother, would you want him hanging out with his alcoholic friend? Of course not! I constantly tell her that I understand it's difficult to give up friends (I've done it plenty of times before), but if these people know that you have a problem and still continue to be a bad influence, then they're not really your friends.

Originally posted by aboyfrombklyn

Not too good. I think about leaving her all the time, but I just find myself going back. One of our biggest problems now is that she still wants to hang out with the people who are helping her ruin her life, a problem with both her therapist and I. Of course I'm the "bad" guy in this because they all think I'm running her life when I'm really just trying to help her make it better.

I constantly tell her that I understand it's difficult to give up friends (I've done it plenty of times before), but if these people know that you have a problem and still continue to be a bad influence, then they're not really your friends.

I hear everything you are saying. It''s just so hard sometimes. Some people get in so deep, that they don't realize that people are trying to help them, not hurt them....

why are you putting your self thru this, the longer you're with her the more harm you cause yourself. If she lied once she will always lie. you can't change people. break up with her and dont look back.

My ex used to lie to me alot, i was depresed all the time. i broke up with her

and my friends help me get thru it. Time heals!!! its hard to break up and not to look back.

Originally posted by kingartur

why are you putting your self thru this, the longer you're with her the more harm you cause yourself. If she lied once she will always lie. you can't change people. break up with her and dont look back.

and my friends help me get thru it. Time heals!!! its hard to break up and not to look back.

Why can't things get better? Isn't everything possible??:confused:

Originally posted by destiny779

:bounce: Thats true...she's probably like o well i dont have to change because he'll always be back..once you leave and she knows its forreal..then she'll realize what she lost and change...thats my outlook on it

leaving/losing someone you love always hurts, but sometimes we have to do things that make us sad.

xactly what he said..and Time does heal...It's getting up the nerve to do it before you kill each other and prolong it. I know your reading this baby..And you agee with me.:rolleyes:

I've never been more sure of anything in my entire life, and I am sure that I want to marry her. It has to work!!! :)

If that's the case, maybe she needs to miss you to see what a great guy are. Hopefully she will find herself and do some maturing....

Thanks, but I find it difficult trying to get over my problems by drinking when that's one of her biggest problems.

LOL

bro i ment not drinking your problems away, but chillin with people keeping your mind on other things.

how about we all help you get over it, by goin out and having few drinks:confused:

:idea: I am starTing MY own healing process by getting a Lincoln Navigator Limo...Goin to Abyss..(first time back since nov 2000 when I quit)

All are invited. Champagne on me....and brooklynboy...You don't need to go to a club and drink...they serve water...

Enjoy the company you'll be with and the atmosphere that is around you.

ME??????? Im gonna drink...:D

DON'T ASK ME WHY I SMOKE...:smoke:

but I DRINK TO GET DRUNK!!!!1:drunk:

Originally posted by johnneebee

:idea: I am starTing MY own healing process by getting a Lincoln Navigator Limo...Goin to Abyss..(first time back since nov 2000 when I quit)

All are invited. Champagne on me....and brooklynboy...You don't need to go to a club and drink...they serve water...

Good plan:D

Originally posted by johnneebee

so i am thinking this is the one and only Johnee Bee from Yellow Jackets way back when..think hard...and try to remember NJClubs.com - Niko and Quest- we all came down and did a review with digital pictures and yada yada...if it rings a bell let me know...this is Niko...