Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
deltadickey

djing question for you dj's out there

a mixing question for all you dj's out there............is there an "estimation" or an "average" for how many beats more or less a 1% increase/ decrease in pitch control?........like if im mixxing a song and my two songs are off by like 2 beats ....on average what percentage would i have to go up or down to get them to match? thank peace

I would try going up or down (depending on if you're slowing the record down or making it faster) about 1.5 notches to start--but really there is no estimation, and I wouldn't have such a concrete method like that for beat-matching....I'd focus more on training your ear, and getting that skill down. Once u have that down, adjusting the pitch the correct way will just come natural.

Good luck!

-S DEE;)

It's all about training the ear...if I hear the beat startin to come off a mix, I'll finger it first....always finger first:D

Seriously.....

give the sticker a push or brush the platter accordingly, depending on if u need a boost or a slow-down. Then, move your pitch adjuster slightly, like previously said .5 a notch. Unlike cd players, which are digital, analog pitch adjusters have an infinite amount of adjustment area...meaning each .0000003 of a centimeter counts.

Hope that helps

~WM;)

Though vinyl is my preffered medium, typically with a cd player, the pitch control is more sensitive than with turntables (as said previously). Just be aware of that, and I'd still use the .5 notch as a guide. But as said, moving the pitch control slightly in that respect and feeling it out is the best way to go.

-S DEE