Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Feelings of rejection founded or unfounded, what do you think?

prplhz

Okay, so here is the question. When you go out with someone do you feel like you want to spend lots of time with them or are you reserved in this and try to space things out, because god you like this person and don't want to get sick of them?

I want to know, I know someone who has been going out with this guy for quite sometime (2 years). These two people love spending time together as well as apart with their friends. The issue at hand is that the guy in this relationship always is the one who says when they are going to hang out and at times will tell this girl that he doesn't really feel like seeing her. But on the other hand she would never do this to him and always makes herself available for him whenever she can. She would never tell him not to come over and has been trying her hardest to have her plans revolve around him and his plans. Sometimes he goes out with his friends 2-3 times in a week, which he thinks unless he is actually out at a bar/club it doesn't get classified as "hanging out' with his friends. So if my friend ever complains about not getting to see him he will start a fight saying that the girl never lets him do anything with his friends. He has also on many occasions dodged the issue of what this relationship may bring or what his intentions are.

Does anybody think that this guy may not be interested anymore? What do you think this girls approach to her relationship should be? She can't help but feel hurt when this man tells her he doesn't want to see her because she does love him dearly and wants to spend as much time as she can with him. Maybe she is just a bit sensitive but love is her thing and giving and getting it is all she wants....:D

Just want to hear what you think she should do as this friend is very dear to me, and I have given her all the advice I can.

Thanks,

Jessica

To me it sounds like he's really not into your friend, and just likes having her around because... well because it's a woman to have around at his beck and call. She needs to stop being such a door mat, because if you let someone take advantage of you and take you for granted, they will do it, every single time. But that's easier said than done. Well, I wish her luck.

Thanks, that is exactly what I am beginning to think. I am from the school where if you love a person you do anything for them, want to see them all the time, and other things don't matter. But with him I don't think this is not the case. She treats him like gold and he just thinks more about himself and his friends. Thanks T!

Originally posted by tastyt

To me it sounds like he's really not into your friend, and just likes having her around because... well because it's a woman to have around at his beck and call. She needs to stop being such a door mat, because if you let someone take advantage of you and take you for granted, they will do it, every single time. But that's easier said than done. Well, I wish her luck.

i agree w/ tasty... he is pulling the same sh*t my ex-bf did to me. after hearing the "i want to do what i want w/ my friends whenever i want" speech one too many times, i just started spending a little more time with my friends. i would go out every Saturday/sunday to the city and would never invite him :tongue: i started to realize that i didnt even miss his company after a while and knew that i deserved a man that would treat me like a queen, not like a piece of meat waiting at his service..

tell your girl LOVE IS BLIND and to keep her options open :rolleyes:

Thanks guys, I just don't know what to tell her anymore. She is really heart broken over this guy, he means everything to her. But the weird thing is that this is the same shit that was happening at their 1 year anniversary, she figured things would get better that he just needed to get it out of his system. It almost makes her feel as though things are never going to go anywere like he is just going to keep pulling the same shit. But one good thing is that she has been trying to go out more and not worry about hima nd what he is doing, the only bad thing is that this sometimes backfires. What is s girl to do:confused:

Originally posted by prplhz

Thanks guys, I just don't know what to tell her anymore. She is really heart broken over this guy, he means everything to her. But the weird thing is that this is the same shit that was happening at their 1 year anniversary, she figured things would get better that he just needed to get it out of his system. It almost makes her feel as though things are never going to go anywere like he is just going to keep pulling the same shit. But one good thing is that she has been trying to go out more and not worry about hima nd what he is doing, the only bad thing is that this sometimes backfires. What is s girl to do:confused:

How does it backfire?