• 3 weeks later...

actually the next one is April 19th and the lineup is

Relode, Proper, and Inside-Chicago.com invite you_

DOWNTOWN Friday April 19th 2002

Complimentary Cocktail Reception 10 to 11

hosted by_Inside-Chicago.com

-----------------------------------------------

Room One_ by Relode

TAJ_ San Francisco (Spundae, United States of Consciousness, Dubcoast)

Taj has been djing since 1991. A local San Fran legend voted the most versatile DJ in the city. His diverse style has left him with two presitgous residencies. One with Spundae, the other with United States of Consciousness. His sound varies from progressive house to funky house to breakbeat. Taj is here for one reason: to rock Chicago. In his sets he creates an open door to free your mind and body and take a journey deep within.

listen to Taj _

http://www.groovetech.com/PhoenixData/SilverStream/Pages/srvltRecMed?RecordedMediaID=50401

DISSOLVENT_(Relode, Q101 Sonic Boom, SOC/SOM )

Zeke has quickly gained national recognition for his unique sound and abilities. He recently gained a residency on Q101's Sonic Boom, has opened for some of the most cutting edge dj's in the world, and has easily held his own. Known for DJ sets, which flow smoothly by key, Dissolvent truly represents the nu induced sound.

CASPER_ (Heavyweight Sound, SJC)

Casper has focused on pushing the sound of UK garage. Over the last two years, Julian has become the number one two step DJ in the United States (URB magazine). In July 2000, he became the first American DJ to play UK garage in London, dropping massive sets at Liberty and on Life FM. Casper maintains a busy schedule spreading the two step vibe through out the States.

---------------------------------------------

The Lair_by Proper

(Canvas Record Release Party)

KLUTE_UK (Metalheadz, 31 Records, Cert 18)

The sounds of Klute have been the cutting edge of Drum and Bass for close to a decade. Tom Withers, the production force behind Klute, fuses elements of techno with intricate beats and emotive arrangements to form a distinct hybrid of Drumand Bass. This style has landed him on some of the most exclusive Drum and Bass labels in the world, Metalheadz. Witness Klutes first ever Chicago appearence and celebrate yet another new realease by this prolific artist on our very own Chicago based Canvas Recordings.

listen to Klute_(Klute begins at the 1 hour and 28 minute mark.)

http://www.groovetech.com/PhoenixData/GT/srvlt/GTController?action=BroadcastDetail&page=detail_broadcast.jsp&HTMLType=detail&BroadcastEventID=9121

FOCUS_(bassdrive.com, Nemcron, NuUrban UK)

KEVIN CUNNINGHAM_ (Canvas, Madbass)

TEMULENT and J INITIAL (Canvas, Ohm Resistance)

DR. GROO_ (Jungle Book)

RUCKUS_ (I.A.M. Collective)

with_

MC BLACKEYE (Brockout)

visual and performance art_

Peoples Republic of Delicious Foods

www.prdf.com

hosts_

www.inside-chicago.com

VISION www.visionnightclub.com

640 N Dearborn

Chicago, IL

10pm_4am 21+

$10 Cover

www.relode.com (847.604.4194)

relode@attbi.com

www.inside-chicago.com

admin@inside-chicago.com

RELODE PROPER INSIDE-CHICAGO.COM CANVAS RECORDINGS Q101 SONIC BOOM

First off I want to say that I love Casper....me and he spin similar styles of music, and I managed to catch him in NYC about 8 months ago and he blew the roof off.

Second, I was just curious if any of the breaks DJs are coming to NYC or would be interested in doing so. Our breaks scene here is slowly developing....about 6 months ago it was nonexistant, now we have a few weeklies and lounges and things like that. In any case, the 70 or 80 breaks peoples over here are always interested in seeing out of town talent, and if any of those guys are dropping by this area anytime there are plenty of people to get in touch with to plan a few gigs (I believe Miss Bliss is on the board somewhere, but I could also get you in contact with a few of those folks)...