Favorite places to buy clothes business/or pleasure

vicman

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I should be doing work, but...

Work? I get a lot of my stuff from Banana Republic. Actually, a lot of my jeans come for BR too. They carry short girl stuff! :tongue:

Party clothes? All over. Arden B, Bebe, Express, Wetseal (although it has gone downhill), forever 21. I like to wear stuff I don't think everyone else has. I also make some stuff. Mostly furry stuff right now!

Casual? BR again, Macy's or Nordtrom's, FCUK, Express.

I'm not a label snob - but I also dont' like to go to those discount places where you have to rifle through tons of crap before you buy something.

Shoes? Mostly Aldo or Steve Madden, occasionally Kenneth Cole. I get my running shoes from DSW - Aasic Gels. I used to have a serious shoe addiction - but I traded that in for vinyl. It doesn't pay to go cheap w/ shoes either. And comfort is my number one concern! The only uncomfortable shoes I've worn are these zebra striped candy stilletos - but they are SOOOO cute! :D

Makeup: M.A.C., Lancome, Channel - in that order.

Underwear: Victoria's Secret mostly

Originally posted by crank47

Ditto, add some Guess and various board shops for some casual gear.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Pacific Sunwear. I have a bunch of t-shirts from there.

For Buzz-wear, it's a whole lotta t-shirts from JC Penney's. The one in Tyson's has the best collection of novelty T's I've ever seen. Although Gadzooks has some funny one's too.

I buy almost all my clothes from JCrew and Nordstroms (i'm obsessed w/ kenny cole & diesel). Although I will admit I love the 'dawson' pants from Banana Republic......I have 3 pairs.

I'm really conservative when it comes to work or law school attire......I usually get all my stuff at Brooks Brothers.

i guess as with shady and crank it mostly the same,although i dont have A/X, love DKNY, and I like to shop at Macy's, Blomingdales & Nordstroms.

Shoes" Steve Madden, Kenneth Cole and whatever I find that is comfortable.

Like some stuff from Urban Outfitters and get some stuff from the web such as from bluefly.com. Sneakers depends on what model I like. Right now I have 2 pairs of Nike's. Used to have Adidas and Asics.

Originally posted by vicman

i guess as with shady and crank it mostly the same,although i dont have A/X, love DKNY, and I like to shop at Macy's, Blomingdales & Nordstroms.

Shoes" Steve Madden, Kenneth Cole and whatever I find that is comfortable.

Like some stuff from Urban Outfitters and get some stuff from the web such as from bluefly.com. Sneakers depends on what model I like. Right now I have 2 pairs of Nike's. Used to have Adidas and Asics.

Shoes - Currently in my shoe rotation: I have three pairs of Steve Maddens, two pairs of Kenneth Cole boots, a pair of Sketcher boots that I use as my clubbing don't care if they get dirty shoes, a pair of 3/4 dress boots from JCrew.

For athletic shoes, I'm never buying anything other than DC Shoes. Made for skating, but I can't skate, so I just pose. Comfortable as hell, and at Buzz, I can blend in the front room like a chameleon, cause all the D&B heads wear DC's. :D

Cool Club gear is a bit harder to find. I like novelty shirts that no one else has (like my super fan #5 tee).

I got the coolest pants at TopGuy when I was in London. They are called 'karate pants' and look like normal bootcut black dress pants. Except they are made out of swishey cotten material, and have one black stripe down the legs. You can barely even see the stripe. However, it's made out of reflector material so when lights from the clubs start flashing------ too cool!

Originally posted by joeygk

Cool Club gear is a bit harder to find. I like novelty shirts that no one else has (like my super fan #5 tee).

I got the coolest pants at TopGuy when I was in London. They are called 'karate pants' and look like normal bootcut black dress pants. Except they are made out of swishey cotten material, and have one black stripe down the legs. You can barely even see the stripe. However, it's made out of reflector material so when lights from the clubs start flashing------ too cool!

I have a pair of red linen pants from BR that works nicely at Buzz.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

For athletic shoes, I'm never buying anything other than DC Shoes. Made for skating, but I can't skate, so I just pose. Comfortable as hell, and at Buzz, I can blend in the front room like a chameleon, cause all the D&B heads wear DC's. :D

yeah, those shoes are essential for making the D&B motion of bobing your head up and down while you move your arms and hands up and down in opposite direction to the tune of the music. That movement stresses your lower back which can only be adequatly protected by said brand of athletic shoe.

Dress shoes.........don't even ask- I'm a fawkin' shore whore. (k cole, ferragamo, diesel) I'm into loafers right now.

Trainers- I only wear pumas. I have like 6 pairs. If you go to www.puma.com they've got some crazy sh*t you can't find in stores. I ordered a pair of silver/gray/black cell running shoes, and a pair of red old skool suede californias' for WMC.

Originally posted by joeygk

Dress shoes.........don't even ask- I'm a fawkin' shore whore. (k cole, ferragamo, diesel) I'm into loafers right now.

Trainers- I only wear pumas. I have like 6 pairs. If you go to www.puma.com they've got some crazy sh*t you can't find in stores. I ordered a pair of silver/gray/black cell running shoes, and a pair of red old skool suede californias' for WMC.

Ooh. You said the magic words: red suede. I'm checking it out right now.