Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What's your FAVORiTE Type of Music?

What's your FAVORiTE Type of Music?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. What's your FAVORiTE Type of Music?

• TECHNO
    • HOUSE
    • TRANCE
    • DRUM & BASS
    • BREAKBEATS
    • HARDCORE

Originally posted by helixx

I'm still amazed that there is a huge dividing line between EBM/Industrial and club music. Nowadays it's the same thing, only harsh vocals with industrial and angrier dancing. Check out new VNV Nation. First time i've heard industrial with breaks.

same here. i remember though, waaaaaaaaaay back in the early 90s hearing front 242 mixed in w/ 808 state, mixed in w/ nitzer ebb mixed in w/ mig-99, mixed in w/ revolting cocks... you get my point :tongue:

it was nice to hear richie hawtin play a nitzer ebb track on his Dex, Efx, and 909 LP :D

I'm still amazed that there is a huge dividing line between EBM/Industrial and club music. Nowadays it's the same thing, only harsh vocals with industrial and angrier dancing. Check out new VNV Nation. First time i've heard industrial with breaks.

It's not that big of a division anymore at certain parties. Although I refuse to play any VNV Nation or Apoptygma Berzerk because that shit has just turned into cheesy Euro trance with lame vocals. But at our Friday night parties at Flamingo East I'll mix industrial beats like Funker Vogt, E-Craft and Siechtum with artists like Chris Liberator, Lab 4, Marco Bailey, Thomas Schumacher, etc. Same thing at Downtime on Saturdays. The techno-industrial sound has definitely been getting bigger, and our audience actually enjoys us mixing in styles like techno, schranz, nrg/trance, and hardcore along with their familiar hardline industrial and ebm. Just depends on where you are, I suppose. Some of these European industrial festivals bring in thousands of clubbers, but it's still relatively small here in NYC.

will u be at world next month?