Clubplanet Nightlife Community

question

i thought of this while reading through all your random ramblings. . .mainly inspired by the not so hernan cattaneo thread. . .

anyways, he obviously didn't start out on perfecto? and feelgood. . . definitely has changed since moonshine happened. do the label people have that big of an effect on djs? changing their sound, style, following, etc. how do they do that? and what other examples can yall think of?

Good question. I don't know if being on Perfecto has changed Cattaneo's sound at all. Other than the fact that on mix compilations there might be an abundance of perfecto records, I don't see why that would really change how he sounds. At least I hope not. And him being on Perfecto certainly wouldn't steer me away from him unless his sound did change as a result. If a DJ is good enough to get signed, then why fuck with something that obviously works?

I think that over time alot of dj's change their styles. Some might be influenced by their labels and others change because they want to change. Seb Fontaine is known for trance but the CD that came with the new issue of Ministry is progressive house.

Other big name Dj's similarly change their style over time. I think it might be more or less work both ways. Before signing to a label they probably discuss what they want to be doing in the next few years, if they expect to change their style, or if they are flexible to changing their styles, etc. Ther must be a lot of legal mumbo-jumbo taht goes regarding this issue before a contract gets signed.

An exageration would be for example: Acosta is signed ti "X" label. He spins cheesy trance, but alot of people buy it, and go toi see him, what would tyhe label thiink if al of a sudden Acosta starts spinninng funky house or d&b with out they (the label) knowing it? They would lose lots of $$$. Equally what is the label tells Aocista we ant you to spin d&b from now on, Acosta may be "WTF? I always spin cheesy trance and have a good followingthat loved my cheesy trance. I would lose $$$$!!"

So they probably negotiate all of tehse issues before any contract is signed, I also believe the bigger the DJ the more power he has over the label.

Another question. In the Trust website they have the announcement for superchumbo. It was surprising to see the Twisted label logo on there. I thought Twisted dissapeared off the face of the earth. If they haven't, how come there's no music coming out from them anymore??

Originally posted by zaguero

Another question. In the Trust website they have the announcement for superchumbo. It was surprising to see the Twisted label logo on there. I thought Twisted dissapeared off the face of the earth. If they haven't, how come there's no music coming out from them anymore??

dude why dont you start anolther thread with this question, no one will see it, or a lot wont see it. did you do a web search for twisted records? i get a web site, so the label is still around in the uk.

Originally posted by vicman

dude why dont you start anolther thread with this question, no one will see it, or a lot wont see it. did you do a web search for twisted records? i get a web site, so the label is still around in the uk.

I went into that website and poked around a bit. The logo is way different from what Superchumbo is using and the music (pyshc-trance) that this website sells is totally different from what Twisted Records used to sell.

Originally posted by zaguero

Sorry man, I don't have a clue what you're talking about:confused:

whaddaya think he's talking about?

4 Toasters put out a single called "Real World" on TWISTED RECORDS...its the first single TWISTED has come out with since "The Revolution” from Tom Stephan......:rolleyes: :rolleyes: