Clubplanet Nightlife Community

new dj

djdripsiny

yo i just got a mixer (stanton rm 100) i dont know if its good or anything but thats besides the point , i was just wondering what exactly should i be trying to do and how can i practice it....i know this is definately the dumbest question you guys have ever heard but im only 14 and i wanna get really good at this so i had to ask

exactly what liqidxtc said.... main thing is to match beats.... practice is the best thing... you cant become a dj overnight... if i were u id start off with cds... then go to records... thats just my opinion... but if u know how to handle records... go for it... :) :)

I was in your shoes kid..

But im a year older than ya.. :D

Anyway... I started when I was 11, and I used CDs. I would recommend you use CD's at first. You have a little more control with them if you get a good pair of CD players. I have been spinning for over 4 or 5 years.. and after a while, if you keep practicing and practicing, and you master the art of CD-Turntablism.. get records! I use records and CD's when I spin, so it works out great for me. Also, if you get good, let me give you a great piece of advice.. Open your own doors, don't wait for them to be opened for you. Get out there, send clubs your demos, do everything you have to do to get gigs! I am proud of myself, that at my age, I have done alot for this community, I have 2 residencies in Connecticut, and I have done alot of things for the dance culture. PRACTICE! Thats all I can tell you from here.. You can do it!