Clubplanet Nightlife Community

interracial couples??

Destiny

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by destiny779

:bounce: Can someone tell me what im worried about ...bc i dont know what the problem is

What exactly are you worried about? What's your situation?

As for me... I'm Asian, but I've dated Latino (Chilean, to be exact... attached pic), black (Nigerian), Jewish, Dutch-Irish, German, Polish, Italian, etc...

So to answer your question... yes. With pleasure.

Loves people for people, not color,

~kitten >^.^<

:bounce: maybe i should explain the situation im in...i met this great guy who would give me the world if i wanted it...he's black and im white...just thought i would get some insight from other people

Just look at your sig, sweetheart.

As long as he makes you happy nothing else matters,

~kitten >^.^<

:bounce: Can someone tell me what im worried about ...bc i dont know what the problem is

Maybe because you have never dated someone outside of your race. Why woory, it's so common these days, who cares. If someone really has a problem with it, then it's their problem, not yours.

Originally posted by SPYGIRL2

Maybe because you have never dated someone outside of your race. Why woory, it's so common these days, who cares. If someone really has a problem with it, then it's their problem, not yours.

true

its your life, not somebody else's

and I am pro interracial dating, cuz those mixed kids come out so damn cute, therefore

more interracial couples=more hot chicks in the future

peace!

some reasons y ur worried bout it is because

1. u ve never dated outside ur race

2. u dun know how ur family might take to it because he is black

3. how others might perceive you if u were to go out with a black guy

4. what the future might be like down the road

but let tell u somethin u do u dun worry bout what other ppl think say or whatever cause if we had more ppl doin that ppl would be able to understand other ppl more an appreciate their culture more .oO(i feel like i ve been preachin for love an peace all nite figure that 1 out:tongue: )

best of luck to ya k ....

most of my relationships have been interracial. im asian and grew up in typical white suburbia, so that's the kind of people i was mostly exposed to. when i moved outta the burbs and into the city for college, i was exposed to people of all different races, including my own. so, different environment, different behavior - i began dating other ethnicities. then, after dating outside of my race for so long, i began to question myself on why i was doing that. i am not saying that its wrong - far from it. i grew up trying to "hide" my culture from my white friends b/c i didnt want to be viewed as being different from them. dating a white guy seemed like the next logical step to fitting in w/ the crowd. now that i have grown up a little more, i fully embrace my culture and have dated w/in my own race, as well as other racial/ethnic minorities. your situation seems like the total opposite of what mine used to be - you might feel pressured to stay w/in your race, i felt pressured to date outside of it.

i can kind of see what your concerns are regarding dating outside of your race. it's something i've been trying to figure out recently for myself. culturally, the two people can be totally different. although i am all for learning about different cultures as well as sharing my own w/ others, there comes a point when the two may not be compatible. it's true you would have to learn how to handle those situations, but i am not at the point yet where i know how to.

any input/advice from others would be appreciated :)

Originally posted by hitokiri24

some reasons y ur worried bout it is because

1. u ve never dated outside ur race

2. u dun know how ur family might take to it because he is black

3. how others might perceive you if u were to go out with a black guy

4. what the future might be like down the road

That pretty much sums up what I was going to say...

I'm biracial, so unless I happen to run across a guy w/my background that I want to date, all of my relationships will be interracial. No one in my family cares about the race of the guy I'm dating, and if anyone did, I would just say fuck 'em. What worries me more is what the guy's family will think, because in my two long-term relationships, at least one person was not happy that a relative was dating a "black" girl. But fortunately it was not strong enough of an issue that it got in between us.

Personally I don't think it should ever have to be an issue; it's hard enough to find someone to get along with and who treats you well as it is, without having to worry about something so trivial.

I believe that our generation today has no problem with it. Its the older generations that do. Like our parents and grandparents. They are stuck in the ways of the 50's 60's or whatever when it was not okay to date outside your race. Even though times have changed it has been embedded in their minds for years.

For instance my cousin who is 23, grew up in a black neighborhood, went to an all black high school and loves to date black girls. Well his parents told him that over their dead body will he ever bring a black girl into the family. So none the less he has to hide his girlfriend from them.

I think it is just sick, that some people can actually think this way.....

Originally posted by kaligirl

I believe that our generation today has no problem with it. Its the older generations that do. Like our parents and grandparents. They are stuck in the ways of the 50's 60's or whatever when it was not okay to date outside your race. Even though times have changed it has been embedded in their minds for years.

I think it is just sick, that some people can actually think this way.....

I agree. Things were so different then, it's like a wole other world when you think about it sometimes....

Originally posted by SPYGIRL2

I agree. Things were so different then, it's like a wole other world when you think about it sometimes....

Yeah, but you know what they say- the more things change, the more they stay the same. There's still a lot of resistance to this idea, probably less in metropolitan areas, but it's still there. And it's not always from where you'd expect it. For instance, a lot of black women are not happy to see a black man date outside of his race, because "there's such a shortage of good black men" or it's selling out, or something stupid like that.

BTW, Madrusso- How you dooin'? ;) lol

Originally posted by tastyt

And it's not always from where you'd expect it. For instance, a lot of black women are not happy to see a black man date outside of his race, because "there's such a shortage of good black men" or it's selling out, or something stupid like that.

Can't tell how many times I get that from peeps....so damn ignorant...:mad:

Originally posted by tastyt

ahh.. just sitting and waiting when that booty in your avatar starts to shake, maybe i should try to shake the monitor, it clearly says "shake it" under it, lets see.... :D:laugh:

and how you been tasty tasty?

;)