Clubplanet Nightlife Community

interracial couples??

Destiny

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by destiny779

:bounce: Thanks guys I plan on going with my heart, but if things don't work out with him and I for some reason...then I know that they're are plenty of other great guys out there for me that know ho to treat a girl with respect ;)

There is a prince for every princess....

Originally posted by nifer

most of my relationships have been interracial. im asian and grew up in typical white suburbia, so that's the kind of people i was mostly exposed to. when i moved outta the burbs and into the city for college, i was exposed to people of all different races, including my own. so, different environment, different behavior - i began dating other ethnicities. then, after dating outside of my race for so long, i began to question myself on why i was doing that. i am not saying that its wrong - far from it. i grew up trying to "hide" my culture from my white friends b/c i didnt want to be viewed as being different from them. dating a white guy seemed like the next logical step to fitting in w/ the crowd. now that i have grown up a little more, i fully embrace my culture and have dated w/in my own race, as well as other racial/ethnic minorities. your situation seems like the total opposite of what mine used to be - you might feel pressured to stay w/in your race, i felt pressured to date outside of it.

i can kind of see what your concerns are regarding dating outside of your race. it's something i've been trying to figure out recently for myself. culturally, the two people can be totally different. although i am all for learning about different cultures as well as sharing my own w/ others, there comes a point when the two may not be compatible. it's true you would have to learn how to handle those situations, but i am not at the point yet where i know how to.

any input/advice from others would be appreciated :)

Dear nifer,

first off all I have to apologize for my english, I'm a dutchie with fam. in Manhattan, but I realy reckon. you're situation. As a half dutch/indonesian male, I've dated girls from different cultures as well. As a matter of fact, I'm currently reunited with my girl from Cameroon (West-Africa). Throught out the years I learned a lot about myself and went thru some serious problems adjusting myself to my girl to make us feel comfortable. When I was down I hang out with my best indonesian friend and we seemed to be related to eachother in so many wayz. We (my friend and I) are both proud of our roots. And we use the same words and got raised with the same manners and phillosophy. It seemed that when my ex and I got into something ugly, we always let our heads down and thought we could never work it out because of our differences.

But differences are not based on race or colour, they are based on how we grow up and develope.

I even had to deal with being accepted by "my own"people, since I'm mixed. So you can probably reckognize the stuff I've been thru.

Here's my advice, learn to know who you are and love yourself for it. In that way you will see that we are all equal, it's the narrow minded people that discriminate and surch for excuses. And the target's they pic that suffer and grow up and develope into people you would say are EMOTIONALY different.

Just relax.....and keep your eyes and ears open...peace.

Originally posted by dafunkadelic

But differences are not based on race or colour, they are based on how we grow up and develope.

I even had to deal with being accepted by "my own"people, since I'm mixed. So you can probably reckognize the stuff I've been thru.

Here's my advice, learn to know who you are and love yourself for it. In that way you will see that we are all equal, it's the narrow minded people that discriminate and surch for excuses. And the target's they pic that suffer and grow up and develope into people you would say are EMOTIONALY different.

Just relax.....and keep your eyes and ears open...peace.

Nicely put.... Things that may seem normal to you, are not normal to other people, but that doesn't make it wrong if you are willing to learn to accept and expand your horizons..... Where and how you grow up definitely play a major factor in how we behave or misbehave as adults...

Originally posted by SPYGIRL2

Nicely put.... Things that may seem normal to you, are not normal to other people, but that doesn't make it wrong if you are willing to learn to accept and expand your horizons..... Where and how you grow up definitely play a major factor in how we behave or misbehave as adults...

Amen..... you filled me in....Hug and kiss for that....