Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Does Anyone Ever Think About What You're Doing to Yourself?

Codica3

i think bout it often..but then again think about what polluted air..acid rain..cigs...alchohol...guns...loud music...Uv rays from the sun...cancer..aids could do to you...fuck that worryin about shit..just know whats best for u and live on...i hate spendin time worry about shit like that..u only live once..and only u can decide how long that is unless Death comes for u..then your time is up.

boy that was deep and incitefull...

:D

Yeah I know what you mean about all those other dangerous variables, but I mean, with all of those other uncontrollable variables, why persist in creating more undesirable side effects and damage when you actually have control over it?

I dunno, not knocking drugs in any way, shape, or form, but I just thought I'd see what some of you guys thought.

Originally posted by tastyt

Live fast, die young.

It's better to burn out than fade away.

And all those other rock n' roll cliches. :tongue:

Hmm.. but in all seriousness, do you honestly believe this is the way you should live your life? Each person's life is their own decision, no one should set rules on how to live, etc.. but in all honesty, if someone gave you the chance to stop doing drugs or to die tomorrow, would you be ok with that?

Yes i think about it all the time.. So much that i do drugs and don't even enjoy it anymore because I'm thinking about what i am doing to myself LOL..I'm kind of a health freak, I try to just do things in moderation but it still bothers me..

Originally posted by codica3

Hmm.. but in all seriousness, do you honestly believe this is the way you should live your life? Each person's life is their own decision, no one should set rules on how to live, etc.. but in all honesty, if someone gave you the chance to stop doing drugs or to die tomorrow, would you be ok with that?

Well, right or wrong, if you look cross-culturally and throughout history, substance use is *very* strongly intertwined with the human experience. Many of the experiences that I've had while intoxicated have definitely opened up new avenues of insight to me; I wouldn't trade them for anything.

Like everything, it has its price, and there comes a point when the positive benefits are outweighed by the negative. But since this is the road I've chosen, it's hard to imagine having a "normal" life. If someone held a gun to my head and said if you take another intoxicant in your life I'll be there to pull the trigger... of course I'd have to stop, but it doesn't mean I'd be happy about it. Then I'd probably have to start jumping out of airplanes to get my rocks off.

But anyway... yeah, moderation is basically the way to go... I mean, you could become a lacto-ovo vegan, jog 20 miles a day, and get smushed by a bus when you're 30. You just have to take the pos.s and negs. into consideration and live your life as best you see fit. This is your one shot; you have to do what you think is right for *you*.

Originally posted by tastyt

Well, right or wrong, if you look cross-culturally and throughout history, substance use is *very* strongly intertwined with the human experience. Many of the experiences that I've had while intoxicated have definitely opened up new avenues of insight to me; I wouldn't trade them for anything.

Like everything, it has its price, and there comes a point when the positive benefits are outweighed by the negative. But since this is the road I've chosen, it's hard to imagine having a "normal" life. If someone held a gun to my head and said if you take another intoxicant in your life I'll be there to pull the trigger... of course I'd have to stop, but it doesn't mean I'd be happy about it. Then I'd probably have to start jumping out of airplanes to get my rocks off.

But anyway... yeah, moderation is basically the way to go... I mean, you could become a lacto-ovo vegan, jog 20 miles a day, and get smushed by a bus when you're 30. You just have to take the pos.s and negs. into consideration and live your life as best you see fit. This is your one shot; you have to do what you think is right for *you*.

no arguments there

Yes....this is why I have quit all drugs except weed. I don't drink anymore, but I still smoke cigarettes..and these are the last two things I'm trying to stop doing...hopefully soon...

I pretty much got scared thinking what would be the side-effects of all this shit I used to do...and I don't want it to fuck with my brain or body later on...

Yeah, I think about it sometimes. I don't worry about it too much though, because it's still at such a level of moderation that there's not much to worry about.

Fortunately, me and my girl stay busy enough that we barely roll more than once a month, and that's all I do. There's too many Saturdays and Sundays and people visiting from out of town that we can't afford to be worthless on the weekends often enough. Heh.

But honestly, as far as my concept of my mind and my body's health and balance right now, I'm doing a he11 of a lot better than when I used to drink all of the time! Honestly, I think drinking costs more, hurts my body more, has a much greater chance of doing something bad (like falling or driving), and leaves me considerably more irritable for the next couple days.

I mean, substance abuse is never actually good for you, but I figure if I drink enough water and juice and work out, do yoga and sit in the sauna during the week, I should be able to work most of the toxins out, right?

I think about this all the time, sometimes to the point where I say "Fuck it, I'm out, I can't do this shit to myself anymore". But then I think about it some more. What the hell is the point? If I can't have my fun, then what the hell is the point? Live life to its fullest, have fun while you can. Most of us aren't going to be doing this forever, might as well do it right while you can. I don't want to grow old and not have any wild stories to tell or any crazy things I can think back to.

We are all going to die sometime, nothing is going to change that. Why live a boring "healthy" life when you can go out and have the best night of your life EVERY friday night? Like tasty said, you can go out and be the healthiest person in the world, and 2 seconds later your dead on the ground hit by a bus. Did being healthy and drug free help yah out there? I don't think so. Your dead healthy ass is splattered on the pavement while I'm rolling my face off having the time of my life. Life is too unpredictable these days, you could drop at any point in time, drug user or no. Have fun, live it up, drop a pill, bump some k, drink some beer...if you don't now your going to look back on it and regret it.

Originally posted by sassa

Yes....this is why I have quit all drugs except weed. I don't drink anymore, but I still smoke cigarettes..and these are the last two things I'm trying to stop doing...hopefully soon...

I pretty much got scared thinking what would be the side-effects of all this shit I used to do...and I don't want it to fuck with my brain or body later on...

i pretty much agree w/ you. i havent done anything, w/ the exception of occassional alcohol and nicotine use, for a few years now. i am happy that i am past my drug experimentation phase. it was fun while it lasted, but it was time for me to move on and grow up.

Think about the old people you see at clubs..(like in their late 30s..40s)...All fuked up...when do u think they started?? Thats their way of life...I personally know a guy whos been doin K every Saturday for like 8 years now...He is so mindfucked its ridiculous...He can barely function at his job(fixin airconditioners)Its a very thin line between moderation and overboard

I suggest anyone really interested in what drugs do to you check the MIXMAG drugs issue....Surveys and real world stories in there

Whatever...you could get killed tomorrow by a drunk driver...Just think about for a solid day...If you see yourself goin out to get fucked up more than being with your friends or for the DJ, you might wanna rethink some things...Just my $.02...

Originally posted by xtcvitality

I think about this all the time, sometimes to the point where I say "Fuck it, I'm out, I can't do this shit to myself anymore". But then I think about it some more. What the hell is the point? If I can't have my fun, then what the hell is the point? Live life to its fullest, have fun while you can. Most of us aren't going to be doing this forever, might as well do it right while you can. I don't want to grow old and not have any wild stories to tell or any crazy things I can think back to.

We are all going to die sometime, nothing is going to change that. Why live a boring "healthy" life when you can go out and have the best night of your life EVERY friday night? Like tasty said, you can go out and be the healthiest person in the world, and 2 seconds later your dead on the ground hit by a bus. Did being healthy and drug free help yah out there? I don't think so. Your dead healthy ass is splattered on the pavement while I'm rolling my face off having the time of my life. Life is too unpredictable these days, you could drop at any point in time, drug user or no. Have fun, live it up, drop a pill, bump some k, drink some beer...if you don't now your going to look back on it and regret it.

I have to agree with you.

Originally posted by sassa

I agree totally with you, of course, that's not to say your answer is for everyone, but for me, that's where I am... I figure I can go out and have a good time every weekend, and still feel great all week, or I can go out on the weekend, have a great time, and feel crappy all week and possibly really really crappy in the future. I think the other answers in this thread are all valid and good, though, because your analysis of your path, is all about you, and even if somebody else may guide you in a better direction, if they're guiding you, than you're not leading and living your own life. And its true, it can all be over tomorrow, but think about it both ways, yeah, live today like its your last, but bear in mind that you might be alive tomorrow, and use today to enrich tomorrow.

You never know when something might happen to you, so you should maximize your life and what you do with it.

But chances are, you're going to be around for quite some time.

Partying isn't something you need to cram in real quick before you grow up, because you might be suprised to find that there isn't a set time where you are designated as grown up. Some people haven't learned this yet.

I think I'm pretty lucky myself, though. I'm 24, which is a little old to just start getting in the 'scene' or whatever, but I've got my responsibilities under control enough that I think I can ride this period of not growing up for a while because I probably won't make any huge mistakes which make me reevaluate my approach to life.

Okay, so that last bit didn't make sense. :biggun: I just felt compelled to say something.