Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Diva this Diva that

I don't know about you guys, but I'm tired of club girls calling themselves DIVAS. Do you guys know the true meaning of the word? Divas are opera singers with great vocal ranges such as Cecilia Bartoli, Maria Callas, and Rosa Ponselle.

Girls are cute, pretty, beautiful maybe, but divas...I think not.

BTW, this all started with drag queens.

Well, I guess I am one who has to reply to this, considering my moniker...

As we all know, words oftentimes take on different meanings. And while I am fully aware of the true meaning of "diva", I am also aware of the new meaning the word is taking on... That being, someone who is quite fashionable, and knows how to work it. I also attribute one's ability to be "dangerous on the dance floor" to her "diva-ness".

But, just because a girl is cute, and puts on a nice outfit that you probably saw on some other girl last week, doesn't mean she is a diva... Many of the girls who call themselves divas don't really have much fashion sense, they can't break it down on the dance floor, and they sure don't know how to work it. But, everyone is allowed to dream.

:)