Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Attn: NY + NJ

I've got a Rio 800 with 128mb storage. I'm very happy with it, no problems. After converting everything to .WMA i can store 4.5 hours of music. I ordered mine off the net, Amazon.com I think. There was a mail in rebate. You are going to find the best deals on the net these days.

I got a Rio SP250 but its not what u r looking for. Dude each CD costs 10 cents and U can store 800MB of music on a CD. It comes with 8 min skip proof technology. I sound like I work for them lol. The unit stopped playing and Sonicblue replaced with a new one within 3 weeks. I also have a mp3 player in dash of my car so that I play the same cd in it.

128 MB card costs over $80 . Unless u r jogging with it I don't see the point of buying a mp3 player with flashcard or similar memory.

u see, im kinda anti-mp3/cd players like RiO. i bought one a year ago and have been very displeased. it does all the things stoked said, but its got a hard on for battery juice. ive been going through a batteries faster than a crackhead with spoon. you will spend a LOT of money just buying batteries for Rio. i finally got sick of it, gave it as a 'present' to my gf, and bought me a Sony walkman CD player, which i looove. 2 batteries last for about a whole week, instead of 1 day with RiO

As far as places to get em, there's that block of music stores on Canal St. just east of Broadway. I've been getting most of my equipment there lately...they're dead cheap, they're the real deal (not Chinatown phony stuff), and you can usually bargain with the people since they don't really have prices on anything.