Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Acne- (I want a clear complexion)

Originally posted by nyumaggie

I have tried everything and my face still breaks out! Does anyone know anything that really works? Any tips to keep my skin clear? I will try anything, HELP- I'm desperate! :( :( :(

Go see a dermatologist. They can prescribe different medicines, pills and face washes, that can almost permantly clear ur skin within 3-5 months. U might get a blemish or two afterwards, but it really clears ur skin up.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by joeygk

I used to go to a dermatologist and was on mad medications until i discovered this stuff. I never break out anymore.

Kiehl's- imperiale repairateur acne treatment (this sh*t works)

www.kiehls.com

AGREED....I use that too and it's nuthin but silky smooth clear skin for me :D

If it's really bad ask your doctor about Accutane. It's the most potent medication out there for acne. I used it a few years back, and I've never had really bad breakouts since then. It's got side effects though, most notably depression. Retin-A is also good, and it just happens to keep your skin young (but may cause your skin to get flaky at first).

What I do now just for regular maintenance is use an astringent from a convenience store twice a day. When I get up in the morning (you'd be surprised how much dirt can build up in your face overnight from sleeping with the same pillow and sheets), and I use it before I got to bed. I'll get a pimple here and there just like everyone, but never bad breakouts any longer.

Omg... these past 3 weeks have caused me to break out like a mad man (not really its just in my head i have 2pimpy's by my nose) ... ive been working 75-80hr work weeks... -lunch and sometimes running on empty... lack of sleep and poor nutrition as me breaking out... as soon as i get some rest itll clear up, this happends to me once in a blue from this type schedule...

Maybe if youre running the same schedule possibly thats what has you in this pickle... nah mean??? if not that...

• 2 weeks later...

Acne or "bombs" are a result from the pore being clogged with debris or bacteria. Exfoliating your skin on a regular basis will help avoid your pores from becoming clogged. Facials will also help keep your skin healthy and refreshed. I used to think that eating certain foods that were greasy caused the problem. Some people just have over active glands then others which will cause a breakout. An old remedy is rubbing alcohol. This stuff is sooooo old school and everyone has probably used it at least once, but it drys out the problem area better then any product out there. You need to only moisturize your face after since it dries out the skin.