Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Too much fun on a Wednesday night

Sander rocked. Pappa rocked. No comment about Warren. Let's just say that I would've rather heard Pappa trainwreck all night than listen to Warren.

His track selection is ok. But more than anything, I can never get over his mixing. Whether on his GU CD's or live, I've never been impressed with his mixing style. He refuses to hold his mix for longer than a minute, and it kills the tune every time.

Sander and Pappa, on the other hand, gots skillz. Pappa's got so much skillz that he gets a huge ovation from the crowd after wrecking hard. I loved that. If you're gonna wreck, fucking throw down a massive Amtrak. Try to recover, but make it worse in doing so. Finally recover. Then throw your hands up in the air and be proud of your work! Then flash a smile at your adoring fans and get a round of applause. That was fucking awesome. I enjoyed that wreck more than all of Nick's set. :D

And Sander. Whoa, boy. That guys got mad mixing skillz, AND his track selection last night was ri-goddamn-diculous.

Patrick Mineo was throwing down some nice tribal beats in the beginning.

So my ranking of the DJ sets last night:

1) Sander

2) Pappa

3) Patrick Mineo

100) Nick Warren

I really, really, really wanted to stick up Sander and take his fucking records. I wanted to rob WArren too, but just for that one Bjork remix. Anyway, Sander was definitely #1 last night. His mixing was on point and I liked the way his set was put together better than Pappa's, though Pappa was cool, too. A regular Buzz night with Sander and Pappa would be the shit.

ok it's 11:45am still haven't slept, can't fucking sleep, I am sucking on a vodka and minute maid, the screen is fucking swirriling around in circles and shit. I am listening to cd 2 of gatecrasher summer sound, and I have no idea what happened last night except that it cost me 80 bucks and I can't fucking sleep. Does anyone have a valium I could borrow?

The show was pretty nice last night too!

I think i am in love with Anthony Pappa...is that so wrong? Does it make me gay?:D

Great time last night. I love these midweek parties: the vibe was just right - only the real "heads" come out on the weeknight. Plus the place was full enough not to be empty, but still plenty of room to dance.

Originally posted by joeygk

I'm seeing Sander, Pappa, Warren & more Friday night at Billboard Live............can't wait.

*I'll see about stealing Sanny's records, (a dj whore's job is never done) ;)

How's about I distract Sander and you grab his records???

ohmahgoodness, last night was just what i needed. . .remember how i was saying that prgrossive house was starting to bore me? (well, i'd never buy a mix CD, unless it were live) but the sets we heard last night completely changed my mind. . .gawd that was some lovely music. . . .the vibe was on, EVERYONE was dancing (except the stupid trainspotters and dj whores up in the front). . .i was dancing the whole fucking night

got to agree about warren though, he jumped from choon to choon, felt like he was just putting on records. . .and now i find out that those trainwrecks were his? (his renaissance cd was hella dissappointing - reason why i vow never to buy mix compilations again)

how long was mineo on in the beginning? i was diggin the throbby, drum filled set at the start of the night. . .that was him?

ayah, that was the most fun i've had in a loooongazz time! :)

Originally posted by scratchapella

ohmahgoodness, last night was just what i needed. . .remember how i was saying that prgrossive house was starting to bore me? (well, i'd never buy a mix CD, unless it were live) but the sets we heard last night completely changed my mind. . .gawd that was some lovely music. . . .the vibe was on, EVERYONE was dancing (except the stupid trainspotters and dj whores up in the front). . .i was dancing the whole fucking night

got to agree about warren though, he jumped from choon to choon, felt like he was just putting on records. . .and now i find out that those trainwrecks were his? (his renaissance cd was hella dissappointing - reason why i vow never to buy mix compilations again)

how long was mineo on in the beginning? i was diggin the throbby, drum filled set at the start of the night. . .that was him?

ayah, that was the most fun i've had in a loooongazz time! :)

Mineo was only on till about 10:15 or so at the latest. There was some nice music played last night. Some cool techy stuff.

Did ya see, Scratch? Did ya see me? I waws dancin', Scratch. I was dancin'! At least until the strep started wearing me down. I'm on antibiotics now...

ohno! are taking off from classes? (i called in sick today) i take sudafed extra strength pseudoephedrine hyrosomefink for everything. . .even when i'm not really sick :D . . i guess that's why they won't let you buy more than 10 boxes at a time. . .

no, i guess i missed mineo's set, we got there around 10:30, still that must've been pappa getting tribal. . .loved it.

was anyone still there just right after 3, when whoever it was ( i think it was sander) started to cue stanton warriors/basement jaxx - where's your head at? was that a whole new remix we heard, or was it the old breaksy version? that was very plurry.

final question for the trainspotters, me and crank both wanted to know what was that song ( i think it was nick warren) dropped like around 2 (yeh, i kept looking at my watch), it was an electro sounding bit, very happy pretty. . ..crank did you ever find out? i'm sure we'll hear it again though.

I think I know the song you're talking about and I was too, but the only person I know of that may have known is Raven from the Ez dreamer and naughtybooth boards and the fucker was back in VIP for a good portion of the night.

omg last night was sick!!!

i kept feeling like i was back at the gallery@turnmills....very small, intimate crowd and 3 of the world's best DJs laying down the newest whitelabels. i thought nick warren had the best track selection followed by sander k....but i am more partial to energetic + lively sounds than to dark tribally stuff. yeah...shady mixes now and then but i couldn't have been happier with the tunes they played. both of nick warren's sets were great (IMO) and sander's closing set was insane (for anybody who wasn't there, they had each DJ play 2 1-hour sets - anthony then nick then sander and back around again). i thought the set times worked out really well - i don't think there would've been nearly as much energy coming from the booth if all 3 of them hadn't stayed the whole night. it felt like there was an enormous amount of british club culture in the building last night....in the way people were dressed, in protesting not-so-good tunes by not dancing (or maybe the crowd just had a better (different?) sense of taste than most buzz nights)...and in the developed/mature professionalism of the DJs: through building their sets, working together to complement each others efforts (notice their mutual understanding that there is an ideal volume for different points in the night - and that competitively using the volume nob really doesn't do any good for the listeners) and being there to have a fucking great time with their fans.

and the fact that it was a wednesday night made it all the better :D

thank u buzz!!

Originally posted by funkyfreshdc

omg last night was sick!!!

i kept feeling like i was back at the gallery@turnmills....

Holy Sh*T- the turnmills is the coolest club i've ever been too! I ended up going there almost every Friday for about 3 months when I was in London. The club's not too big, not too small, killer sound system, great crowd, top-shelf dj's! What a f@%king venue.

I agree with everyone about the vibe on Wed night. Just enough space to dance, very chill people, and a really fun time. I thought Sander was incredible, and Pappa was better than I expected. Nick Warren didn't impress me that much, compared to those other two guys sets. I took off work the following day, and I must say my body appreciates it right now. Looking forward to buzz tonight....