Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Centro-fly thursdays

Hey,

I'm thinking of coming over to NYC in a few weeks time and we're thinking of going to Centro-fly (Thursday night......we can't do Vinyl like last time as we have to come back on Friday night). Can someone give some info (better than what it says in the clubplanet listings (sorry guys but it's pretty bare min). I just want some basic info such as:

Dress code...is it ultra smart, comfortable smart, etc.

what security is like, i.e cool like on the door at Vinyl or are they gorillaz from hell?

How long you can expect to queue for?

Thanks to anyone who can help on this, I've just heard stories like "it's good if you can take the chance of getting in, past security etc"

OK, sorted..innit.

Cheers again,

MOSound clubber

dress code: implicitly smart - you can be comfy but people seem to converge on trendy. nobody will bug you at the door. you called it "comfortable smart" - i like that.

door policy: never ever had any problems. the closest thing i had was when it was 5-6 guys and the lady at the door said "what you couldn't get dates?" I said "i didn't think we needed dates for derrick carter" and she let us in.

security can be dicks from time to time - there are weird rules about what staircases you can and can't walk down, and where you can sit if you're not ordering drinks from the waitresses. they won't fuck with you, but they will tell you if you're in the wrong place, which can get annoying after the third time.

queue: unless deep dish is spinning don't expect to wait more then a few minutes. for deep dish, i heard horror stories of people waiting for 3 hours... line is usually only held up by people who name-drop when they're not on the guestlist.

thursdays are a great night to go there - eric(k?) morillo plus guests like hex hector or satoshi tomiie...

peaz,

rob