Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Training Day...

This is an incredibaley great movie... i highly recommend it... not to sound cliche in any way, however if you only rent one movie ever, or have no idea what to rent... RENT THIS MOVIE!!!

(DONT REVEAL ANYTHING ABOUT THIS MOVIE ON THIS THREAD!!!)

Even out of this last year, Mulholland Drive was much better. And for the people on this board, if I was to say rent one movie, I'd say Requiem for a Dream would be more appropriate...

BTW Ethan Hawke so did not deserve an oscar nomination over Steve Buscemi (Ghost World) or Gene Hackman (Royal Tenenbaums). Nuff said.

Originally posted by o-jay®

Good movie too, but I wouldn't put it the same class as Training Day.

You're right. Requiem uses innovative techniques to make people think, whereas training day rehashes a formula with slightly better acting and screenplay than usual to go for the gut in a different way. Both movies make you feel a little queasy when you walk out, but it really depends if you want to feel the movie or think the movie. If you'd rather a movie slap you in the face than build up and make you think, I could understand why someone would like training day better. However, despite the positives and negatives of both, the theme of requiem, addiction, had never been presented so well before in any forum, whereas the good vs evil with ambivalence about both motif of training day has been used since the Divine Comedy, at least.

You really can't compare Training Day and Requiem (okay you CAN but it doesn't make sense to me) b/c they are two totally different genres...

I have to say I went to see training day w my ex a few months ago, thinking I wouldn't be into it at all, but was quite impressed--quality movie. Requiem was definitely well done but not something I'd want to watch more than once--so powerful but soooo depressing. :tongue: