Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Singles only

pk1

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by o-jay®

I agree, it's sometimes a fine line between just dating and a relationship, but there is a difference.

so lemme ask you peeps -- what makes the difference?

lol ojay you know who we are talking about, right? ;)

Originally posted by nycchic24

so lemme ask you peeps -- what makes the difference?

lol ojay you know who we are talking about, right? ;)

:) It's a fuzzy line.

1. If I wouldn't hesitate to date other people while I'm seeing someone, AND they know this AND don't have a problem with it, then it's not a relationship in my opinion.

2. If they do have a problem with me seeing other people, but I don't, then its still not a relationship because the feeling has got to be mutual.

It doesn't have to be explicitly stated that two people are going to date exclusively, sometimes with the passage of time it's understood, and that's where it gets fuzzy i.e., when someone MISunderstands the nature of the relationship.

P.S.

Having sex or not having sex has very little to do with whether two people are in a relationship in my opinion. It's more about your feeling towards the other person, and in return, their feelings about you.

Sincerely,

Dr. Ruth

Originally posted by o-jay®

:) It's a fuzzy line.

It doesn't have to be explicitly stated that two people are going to date exclusively, sometimes with the passage of time it's understood

NYCchic, need i say more? PASSAGE of TIME??? lol...*say it with me, self-help groups, lol*

regardless, ELIMIDATE CP style, has me ROTF...if you guys do a Florida edition, i am in, lol...:laugh:

The Steps To Commitment

You begin dating every Saturday night.

You miss each other whenever you're apart.

You agree to make your relationship monogamous

You make future plans together.

You begin seeing each other all weekend and during the week as well.

You sleep together almost every night.

You're happy with your relationship 90 percent of the time.

You spend vacations and holidays together.

You give each other little gifts.

You meet each other's families.

You discuss finances.

You move in together.

You seriously discuss having children together, or not.

You start to acquire property together (anything from a VCR to a house) and co-mingle monies in some way.

You marry or make some other form of lifelong commitment to each other.

Few couples, of course, follow this sequence exactly. Some would never dream of moving in together before getting married. Nevertheless, these steps show how a typical sound relationship grows closer and progresses toward marriage. If your relationship is more or less following this pattern, it's healthy.

How Long Should It Take?

A typical and reasonable time to progress from meeting to marriage is two years. If your relationship has stalled somewhere along the progression or has slid backwards, you'd be wise to look for a cause. It's natural for relationships to progress. Coversely, it's very rare for both parties to remain satisfied with a partially-developed, uncommitted relationship which just goes on and on.

After You Commit, Protect Your Relationship

Once you've reached the commitment stage, stand together. Act as if you're husband and wife and it's the two of you against the world. Friends and family, not knowing him or her as you do, may subject your relationship to some buffeting.

Assuming he or she has passed all the checklists in "Qualifying Someone" with flying colors (if not, none of this applies!), forget other's opinions. Even well-meaning friends can plant seeds of doubt that can poison a new relationship if you let them. They don't necessarily understand what's best for you, and they often have their own agendas. Unconsciously, some would rather have you stay single as a drinking buddy or a girlfriend to go shopping with than see you happily settled down.

So ignore friends who say things like, "I'd let her know who's boss," or, "You can find someone better than him," or "Oh, I wouldn't put up with that." Who knows what your friend would really put up with for True Love?

Also, be cautious when introducing your new love to your family. Everyone's family has their own ideas of what's best for you, and they may not instantly take to him or her. Or vice versa. While your family may seem lovable to you, they may be off-putting or intimidating or otherwise hard for someone new to warm up to.

Expect some buffeting, share the surprises with a sense of humor, and make the commitment to stand by each other and protect your relationship no matter what. If you do, your love will endure.

Originally posted by spragga25

NOUN: 1. A favored male companion or sweetheart.

2. A male friend.

:tongue:

Thank you very much!

very cute ragga i have too many ppl ganging up on me! :(

and ojay on the passage of time thing.... so what would you say after dating someone for 10 months then?

and ojay on the passage of time thing.... so what would you say after dating someone for 10 months then?

10 months and still not sure if it's a relationship? There's no hope there. :blank:

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww........poor baby!

Ragga's sowwy! :)

Just my opinion - I would've made up my mind after 10 months on what direction to take...but I'm old and senile - so what do I know :blank:

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww........poor baby!

Ragga's sowwy! :)

Just my opinion - I would've made up my mind after 10 months on what direction to take...but I'm old and senile - so what do I know :blank:

actually 10 months aint nothing! ask suthrnbelle. i once went 2 1/2 years and only after did we break up, did he recoginize us as bf/gf!

i know i have issues.

actually 10 months aint nothing! ask suthrnbelle. i once went 2 1/2 years and only after did we break up, did he recoginize us as bf/gf!

i know i have issues.

2.5 years.......GOOOOOOD LORD!!

Issues...you said it - not me! :tongue:

Originally posted by pk1

Okay enuff about boyfriends, this is a single's only thread remember.:rolleyes:

Now, let's get back to the game, were're my girlz at?

:laugh: sorrry to interrupt your thread.

i guess we were trying to decided if i qualifired or not for the game!

maybe i can host it! :tongue:

nycchic24 you're qualified alright. Remeber what ever happens in CP stays in CP!:laugh:

But if u wanna host it its cool w/ me. We just need the singles to step up and play"CP Elimidate".

U gotta help me out w/ this one though, nycchic, maybe we can co-host this thing. Sound good?

Originally posted by pk1

nycchic24 you're qualified alright. Remeber what ever happens in CP stays in CP!:laugh:

But if u wanna host it its cool w/ me. We just need the singles to step up and play"CP Elimidate".

U gotta help me out w/ this one though, nycchic, maybe we can co-host this thing. Sound good?

:laugh: nice motto only thing is that he is a lurker!

lol but, yes i would love to share co-host responsibilties.

ok everyone! please sign up for CP's first Elimidate!

game show 1

guy contestant ___________________________

girl #1________________________

girl #2________________________

girl #3_________________________

game show #2

girl contestant ______________________

guy #1______________________

guy #2_______________________

guy #3_______________________

I don't think I can play...it'll be like the movies...you know - the black dude always dies first!

Well, I'll be the ugly, old black man that's eliminated first! :cool:

oh god :rolleyes: no wonder its been so long old man. you give up before you even try!

why dont you sign up and give it a try! :idea: lol

:laugh: nice motto only thing is that he is a lurker!

lol but, yes i would love to share co-host responsibilties.

ok everyone! please sign up for CP's first Elimidate!

game show 1

guy contestant ___________________________

girl #1________________________

girl #2________________________

girl #3_________________________

game show #2

girl contestant ______________________

guy #1______________________

guy #2_______________________

guy #3_______________________

lol, do i get to come back up to NYC for the date? then i am in, lol ;)

and NYCchic, i love ya girl :)