Clubplanet Nightlife Community

COMMUTING....and all its glory

spydagirl

Hey all

Some of you must be able to feel my pain on this subject. I have been commuting from Salem to Lexington for over two years and its starting to drive me CARZY!:mad: I drive on the armpit of the North Shore (128). Some days, if there is an accident, it can take me up to two hours. Today was not too bad...but I had this jerk on my ass for almost the whole commute. Ahhhhh

Hopefully this will change as of May 1...;) (Hi Vikki)

-Christine

I can feel your commuting pain. Although I don't drive to work.. I do drive to the T station then take the ever so wonderful Orange line... let me just tell you how much that just sucks!! I've had people elbow me push me sit one me etc... So as much as driving to work can and does such for you at least you are in your own little space ;) And I'm pretty sure it will all change for ya around May 1st

The commuter rail is so much different. Much better! Not as many people and they don't shove and push. I use to take it when I lived in Andover. Now I take the Orange line. I'm not saying it's just as bad but it has it's days when it is very bad. I guess both driving and taking the train have there ups and downs... and plenty of commuting stories...lol

I think I would shoot myself if I had to commute to work every day by driving on the expressways around here :blown:

The orange line isn't that bad from what I hear. I'm on the B line and there are times of the day you don't even want to bother taking the T....you just wait till rush hour calms down a bit.

haha i used to have a north attleboro to burlington commute! that sucked ass :blown: it was 95/128 the entire way and some days i just wanted to cry. 45 minutes on a good day, 3 plus hours on bad ones. after that debacle i swore i would never have a commute over 1/2 hour again... luckily i haven't. My rent is absoultely "ridonculous"to livein the city, but for me its worth it to be only a 20 minute train ride from everything.

I used to have to take the B line all the way into Government Center for work... it sucked. It's no fun starting your day off on a completely packed T, smelling the person next to you.

But, if you were able to avoid rush hour, it was great. You get to sit down, read, listen to music, and just kind of tune-out.. maybe even sleep. So, it was kind of an all or nothing type deal.

Now I commute to work, but I go against the flow of city-traffic so it's not bad. I take the mass pike to 95, but only for a couple of exits. However, if traffic's backed up on 95, I'm still screwed as can be.

The stupid things we have to go through in life... makes you wonder why...

Originally posted by spydagirl

This morning's commute was HORRIBLE. It's as if people have never seen rain before....:confused:

I hear ya, plus I am driving my girlfriends shit box because mine is getting the brakes fixed:mad: Hope I don't get pulled over, because her car needs to get back to Jersey to get inspected.. lets see it says April of 2001 is that bad:laugh:

So did you get the apartment?

This morning's commute was annoying... it's not like you ever drive that fast in rush hour traffic as it is... why on earth would rain slow it down!?!:confused:

Also, is there anything more annoying than having stop-and-go traffic for a mile because people are watching a cop pull some guy over?!?! JUST DON'T WRITE FUCKING TICKETS IN THE MORNING!!!! It's not like you can go faster than 65 as it is, why are you going to pull someone over!?!? :mad:

Spyda, good luck on the new apt... sounds like you'll be out of commuting hell soon! :)

Where is everyone today??