Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Which City is Better: Manhattan or Miami?

wahoo

Manhattan or Miami? Not for vacation purposes but to rather live, work, and party in? I know manhattan pretty well, but not Miami...so which city is it more fun to get your groove on in all aspects of life (Parties, Women, Cost/Work)?

(asking because i can move to either place in the summertime but it'll be a 2 year gig & I am all finance-work oriented)

Cheers!

i would pick manhattan...just seems more practical for me....from my experience miami is much more competitive/flashy/expensive...speaking on the level of someone i am guessing is in their 20's? and still likes to go out......i mean don't get me wrong...miami is great....my brother moved there a lil over a year ago and i don't think is ever coming back! LoL....it all depends on the person.......as much as they are similar....they are such different lifestyles.....

Originally posted by wahoo

Manhattan or Miami? Not for vacation purposes but to rather live, work, and party in? I know manhattan pretty well, but not Miami...so which city is it more fun to get your groove on in all aspects of life (Parties, Women, Cost/Work)?

(asking because i can move to either place in the summertime but it'll be a 2 year gig & I am all finance-work oriented)

Cheers!

It's pretty freakin' obvious

I love both places. I have lived in both places. You generally won't make as much money in Miami, but the cost of living is much lower down there. I had an awesome 2 bedroom apartment there for $750 a month. But, if you are doing finance work, the place to be is NYC, hands down.

cule deal....just working in miami would be like a 2 year vacation that pays! hell i am naturally tanned i dont need the sun that bad.

have you ever compared party pics between the 2 cities (i.e. compared the lovely laydies):

miami: www.clubhoppers.net

nyc: www.allnightclubs.com

regardless, both cities are HOOOT. I may have to get onto the south beach frequent flyer program!

What was that quote from Keeping the Faith, about living in NYC? Something along the lines of "Anyone living anyplace else must be joking." (Or something like that.)

Not many people who are used to and enjoy the pace of NYC can stand to live anywhere else for very long.

Originally posted by tastyt

What was that quote from Keeping the Faith, about living in NYC? Something along the lines of "Anyone living anyplace else must be joking." (Or something like that.)

Not many people who are used to and enjoy the pace of NYC can stand to live anywhere else for very long.

I couldn't agree more. I moved to Cali back in 2000 and after six months I moved back home. Beside the nice weather, I hate it!!!

Come to think of it, the nice weather wasn't even a plus. 85 degrees on Christmas made it not even feel like Christmas.

Well I was born and raised in New york, and moved to Miami quite a while ago. The cost of living in Miami is less then Manhattan; conversely the pay scale here reflects that. I’m an independent web developer, and I have clients all over the world. So the pay scale really, doesn’t affect me as much. Language can me an issue, because a majority of the community speaks Spanish. The clubs here tend to be a bit pretentious, but are getting better. public transportation is a joke. The women are as hot as the weather. If you like outdoor activities like water skiing, biking, etc you will have a blast. When I moved here, I would tell people I was from New York. they would say things like "New Yorkers are rude". Well I can tell you, Miami has the rudest people; I have ever met. Making friends here is not the easiest; sh*t most of my friends are from up north. If finance is your career, in all honesty you could, find better opportunities in New York. I love Miami, but it’s still a city, that has a lot of growing up to do. Just my two pennies.