Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Do you find yourself more creative after a breakup?

fierydesire

For some reason, when I have ended past relationships Im always more creative in writing stuff. I dont know I always put it on paper to express my feelings...

So here is something I wrote after my heart was crushed..I mean I think it just helped me get over things a bit...I look back at it now and think damn I was really in love and my emotions were soo strong will it ever be the same again....:(

How can one cope when one is rejected? To give someone soo much love and only for that person to take it away. Once the love is take away you feel like nothing more than a grain of sand. What makes it harder is to feel this immense love for someone. He said he would love me always, I would always be in his heart. Were these just mere words to shut me up at the end of the breakup? Will I ever hear his voice again, or feel the gentle touch of his skin and his warm embrace? Who knows? Only time can tell. Oh how I yearn for his kiss and sweet I love you's..::sigh:: Tell me why love hurts so much. I will never be able to love this way again. Nothing seems to be real. Is it all just some sick game? Hearts are always broken, whymust it be just another aspect of life one deals with? Will I ever find love again or even love like this which I thought was true and would alwyas be there? My heart has the capacity to love soo much and I feel as though I gave my love to the wrong person. The one I thought would never steal it away. My heart has been crushed, stomped on, shattered into a million pieces. The only serenity I find throughout this is comfort through friends. My emotions are soo intense. All I need is closure. Was it all the petty arguments????????

I mean can you believe how emotions get after relationships. I dont know I find comfort in wrting down my feelings..even though it still may hurt..it helps the pain slowly go away..what do you guys do after a relationship has ended?

babes i've always noticed the same thing. It seems as if when you break up with someone, there is a void that needs to be filled, and to do so, you increase your activities to make up for it. Whether it's going out partying more, or writing, playing an instrument, whatever. It's like your mind needs to work, in order to help blot out the pain in your heart. well that's what i find anyway

ahh the dreaded Moment...how painfully ironic is it to feel eternity in a moment..."i will always love you" she uttered...and in her own way she will as i her but it's not what we had in our minds nor in our hearts when this all began...

we think that those emotions are not true but they were true to life when we spoke them, when we felt them...now we turn them away and knock them down as we watch the dominoes fall, one by one...all those experiences, all those emotions, not real any more because this is not real any more...

dare I say, this is but an illusion and those were true feelings, true experiences...in those moments...it is a near impossible way to live, but if you can grasp each moment, day by day, you will come to understand and appreciate moments like these...

i strive for this but stumble constantly and at times it seems to offer no relief but in the end you can appreciate and understand a lot more in life by at least trying such methods...

in response to your post...since i have completely tangentialized the matter...i used to be more creative after break-ups but as i got older i equalled it during the relationship, writing, creating and giving...after a break up i usually sulk, write and think...eventually everything falls into place...

Originally posted by tastyt

Not so much during a break-up specifically... rather, anytime I'm stressed out, depressed or generally confused... writing helps to clear out the white noise playing in my head...

I def. agree with you on that. There are those times that stress the hell out of me that I get home, put on some good music, and do alot of thinking to help me figure out what driving me nuts.......

I think I get more energetic when I'm single. I have recently been in a situation where my "boyfriend" and I "broke" up and I've been partying more in the past 2 weeks than I have in the past year!! It's great to have some fun, but don't confuse it with filling an empty void.

Go out, have some fun, and meet new people. I've met tons of new people from clubbing and such that it makes me wonder why I would ever want to get back into a relationship. But, single = loneliness, be prepared.

Have back-up,, hehehehe. Just kidding.

gothzane...I know it may be hard..but maybe you should get out of the relationship....I mean Love that hurts through a relationship thats tough, it really shouldn't hurt. How is her love killing you?

Blazinhot...Don't get me wrong I went out a lot when we ended the relationship, but I just find myself more creative when its over.

I don't agree that being single = lonliness. I mean its what you make of it. I am very content with being single and yes having a b/f would be an added bonus, but not having one doesn't make me lonely. I have the greatest friends, family, etc. When I do meet that guy it will just add to other pleasures in my life. As for now...the back-up ass dies slowly

Originally posted by fierydesire

gothzane...I know it may be hard..but maybe you should get out of the relationship....I mean Love that hurts through a relationship thats tough, it really shouldn't hurt. How is her love killing you?

Blazinhot...Don't get me wrong I went out a lot when we ended the relationship, but I just find myself more creative when its over.

I don't agree that being single = lonliness. I mean its what you make of it. I am very content with being single and yes having a b/f would be an added bonus, but not having one doesn't make me lonely. I have the greatest friends, family, etc. When I do meet that guy it will just add to other pleasures in my life. As for now...the back-up ass dies slowly

true true. I guess it all just depends on the person. I don't think I've ever been single for more than a month so I guess I'm just used to being in a realtionship. I know when I was single I seemed to be missing out on something (or someone) and I love having someone to 'oogle' over. As for creativeness, I guess so, but I didn't go as far as watching the Martha Stewart show or anything,;)

Originally posted by fierydesire

For some reason, when I have ended past relationships Im always more creative in writing stuff. I dont know I always put it on paper to express my feelings...

once again i have to agree with you bebe...

well my little theory on this is that when you´re in a good and fulfilling relationship you´re getting mostly positive emotions and feelings (protected, secure, wanted, loved, satisfied for example). now when you break up, you get suddenly get all negative emotions and feelings (like anger, regret, lonelyness). still your brain is used to the positive emotions. so perhaps the positive and the negative emotions cross and you just feel more emotions or a larger variety of emotions which makes you more creative cause you feel and think in "variety", suddenly you look at things from several angles and not just one -> you get more creative.

have you noticed that many very creative personalities are often depressed and then totally happy again? and some painters were at their best when they were in love with a women (and they were very alone before falling in love with her)?

then again, maybe i´m just talking out of my ass here :tongue:

Originally posted by gothzane

Makes perfect sense.

What I want to know is how to completely shut off all emotions

without needing to get all druged up.

:flame:

distance... that´s the only thing that helps. i think if you´re constantly around that what you desire but cannot have, it eats you apart from the inside. cause you are constantly confronted with these things, the little traits that make you feel that desire, and you cannot help not to go for them.

that would be the definition of "hell" for me, being in constant contact with something or someone i deeply long for but can never have.

but coming back to "shutting of all emotions", why would you do that? reframe your thinking: she or he has just shown that he/she doesn´t know what´s good for her/him, her/his loss, not mine. i´ll go and make another man/woman happy, that appreciates and values my love. i am the prize!