Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Blowing my tax return on fun, need suggestions/opinions...

OK, so i've decided to give in to the urge... and buy some decks with my tax return (and a little other cash)...

Going with the tech 1200m3d's (if your going to do it, do it right, no?)

need advise on mixers/catridges/styli/headphones/etc...

as for mixer, looking for 3 band eq, 3channel+

trying not to spend too much more than my return... so quality for the money is key...

also, if you know of good sites to get good prices, let me know...

Justin, i'll save you the time and make a joke at my own expense: maybe my dj name should just be dj echostare... :tongue:

I don't have much (read: any) knowledge of this... so any help given is appreciated...

werd.

Sam ash or guitar center are yer best and really only bets if u buying the product in person and not offline cause some people prefer to actually see the shit that they are buying before they buy it.

Decks-Technics 1200's mk3d's

Headphones-Sony MDR-V700 or any kind of AKG headphones..it's all preference

Mixer-beginner shit i would say either a Vestax PMC-17 or Pioneer DJM-300 cause that shit has a built-in BPM and if yer gonna scratch in yer beats least u can know and get the feel for it by using the BPM monitor.

Cartrides-beginner-stanton 500-II

Wax-Sonice Groove for Techno,house,tech-house Satelite-for trance Breakbeat Science-for drum-n-bass

Most important thing when buyin a mixer even a cheap one is feelin out the crossfader if its loose then yer all good if it seems lil tight then move on to anohter mixer in the store and feel it out.

Anything Vestax is gonna be expensive cause they belive in Isolated EQ's which means 0 means 0 like when u drop the bass u hear nothing at all. But usualy mixers are +12db or -26db. Try yer best to stay away from gemini products cause u seriously get what you pay for which is junk.

Any other info or tips..you know where to find me.

Originally posted by quoth

werd.

Sam ash or guitar center are yer best and really only bets if u buying the product in person and not offline cause some people prefer to actually see the shit that they are buying before they buy it.

Decks-Technics 1200's mk3d's

Headphones-Sony MDR-V700 or any kind of AKG headphones..it's all preference

Mixer-beginner shit i would say either a Vestax PMC-17 or Pioneer DJM-300 cause that shit has a built-in BPM and if yer gonna scratch in yer beats least u can know and get the feel for it by using the BPM monitor.

Cartrides-beginner-stanton 500-II

Wax-Sonice Groove for Techno,house,tech-house Satelite-for trance Breakbeat Science-for drum-n-bass

Most important thing when buyin a mixer even a cheap one is feelin out the crossfader if its loose then yer all good if it seems lil tight then move on to anohter mixer in the store and feel it out.

Anything Vestax is gonna be expensive cause they belive in Isolated EQ's which means 0 means 0 like when u drop the bass u hear nothing at all. But usualy mixers are +12db or -26db. Try yer best to stay away from gemini products cause u seriously get what you pay for which is junk.

Any other info or tips..you know where to find me.

You don't need an expensive mixer, all you need is something to abuse. You will have to practice and beat the shit out of it....then shell out money for a new one.

Another thing about the mixer, do not and I repeat DO NOT get a mixer with a BPM counter on it. You have to learn to beat match on your own and figure out the pitch from there. You can not rely on a machine to do it for you because when you play parties and such, you will rarely find a mixer that gives you that feature.

Get in touch with me if you are serious about this and I'll help you out.

Originally posted by djjonstephen

Another thing about the mixer, do not and I repeat DO NOT get a mixer with a BPM counter on it. You have to learn to beat match on your own and figure out the pitch from there. You can not rely on a machine to do it for you because when you play parties and such, you will rarely find a mixer that gives you that feature.

True, but it was just a pure suggestion,but that is very true cause fuckin, we don't want joeg turning into draper hehe.

joeg-um...there is no m3d..only mk3d...if i said m3d it was a typo.

True, but it was just a pure suggestion,but that is very true cause fuckin, we don't want joeg turning into draper hehe.

the site i was reading must have typoed...you were correct.

haha joeg draper... so what cd decks should i buy? fuck this vinyl shit... :tongue: j/k

Exactly, thats why he has to fuck up for a while at first and sound like shit....only way to learn.

Originally posted by trancend

hey joe if you want, ill actually sell you my complete personality....ill cut you a deal, like $20 and its yours

does it come with girlish mood swings, or is that extra? ;)

Hi I'm Justin and when I run out of funny things to say, I just make up quotes that never happened...

but seriously though, thanks for the input on what to get... its cool of you to give me some guidence being that you've been spinning a while, so you're helping me get started...

thank god we've known each other for 10 years... I don't know what I would do without your help... :rolleyes:

probably find your own personality:idea:

yeah, cause we're very similiar and all... I mean, you ARE the only person I know who has a pair of turntables... oh wait.... everyone does...

but I do like the same music as you... oh wait... no I don't...

but I see your point, because we go to the same places... oh wait, we haven't been in the same club in like 4 months...

but i'm wrong because we have the same other interests... oh wait... you hate cars...

honestly justin, its just not adding up for me... fill me in on what our problem is sometime, because honestly.... I just don't get it.

WTF?????? why'd the fuckin drama stop??? i just came back with some popcorn and Guinness...someone fuckin post something!!!!!! :mad:

trancend post something..

joeg post something...

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT DRAMA!!!!!!!!!!!

Not even the point that joeg copies you? :idea:

::sitsbackenjoyshisGuinnesasthedramaensues:: :laugh:

that point is so beyond proving i dont even have the energy to talk about it because to the rest of the board i look like a tool because none of them have seen joe switch personalities they see him just come in as "joeg" so thats why i lost motivation