Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Space girl @

guesswho

::: Space Girl :::

-biography-

I was born in Moscow, Russia, in a family of doctors. My mom took piano lessons when she was young, but her dreams of becoming a pianist never came true - so from the moment I was born, her one and only dream was for me to become a famous piano player.

One day, when I was 3 years old, I came up to the piano and played (with one finger) the melody of a popular Communist song. That was my start of my musicical career. This was also the end of my childhood.

Torturing me with endless 3-4 hour prctice sessions every day, became my Mother's full-time job. Every single time I looked out of the window and saw kids having fun on the playground while I had to play the stupid scales, I'd curse the day when I came up to the piano.

As soon as I turned 6, I went to Moscow's Music School for Talented Children. My career as a classical pianist was going pretty well: at the age of 9 I'd played a Hayden piano concerto with the big symphonic orchestra. I was practicing like a robot (at least 5-6 hours a day). I was performing at concerts everywhere, I'd even won two piano competitions in Russia and landed a second-place prize at an International Piano competition in Italy.

As I was growing up, I started to realize that there was more to life than practicing Beethoven's Sonatas all day long. When I hit 13 I decided to become a break-dancer; at 15 I was a total heavy-metal head. I went AC/DC, Metallica and Megadeath concerts wearing leather and chains. By the time I turned 16, I was hooked on Depeche Mode. I already knew that I wanted to make music rather than play it.

(Read more at http://www.spacegirl.com). .

Check out Space girl live @ Metropolis April 13

401-454-LIVE