Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sasha & Digweed in Clifton Park

All I have to say is WOW!

I wasn't expecting anything at all -- I was just happy that, for some strange and highly amusing reason, my 2 favorite DJs decided to play at a bumblefuck club 10 minutes from my old house the same week that I was visting my parents for Easter.

But, despite the facts that:

a) the show started at 7:30pm, and...

B) the venue was the size of the average Manhattan studio apartment, and...

c) the crowd was 16 and over (average age: 17), and...

d) none of them had ever heard S&D live and most spent the beginning of the evening debating whether or not Sasha was a girl(!)...

...it turned out to be one awesome fucking night!

There were only about 300 people at the most and the club was barely crowded, but the energy and enthusiasm were totally there. The sound system was phenomenal (thank you, Phazon!) and of course, Sasha, Digweed & Jimmy Van M banged it out. They are SUCH masters at reading the crowd... they never strayed too dark or deep, yet stayed FAR away from anything remotely trance-y, cheesy or anthem-y (despite the crowds continuous pleas for Xpander). They took everyone on a trip, and the magical night absolutely flew by.

I never thought seeing them outside of Twilo or any non-mega-club venue would be enjoyable, but seeing Sasha & Digweed in such a small, intimate club and with non-jaded people who, for the most part, were all S&D virgins was an incredible experience.

So to Sasha, Digweed, Jimmy, all the kids who came to the show and whoever came up with the crazy idea to do a show in Clifton Park, THANK YOU for an unforgettable night! It defiitely ranks up there as one of my most favorite S&D nights EVER.

If anyone ever has the opportunity to see S&D in any of the smaller towns or clubs during the remainer of their Delta Heavy Tour, GO SEE THEM! The difference between seeing them in a big club in a big city where they have a big following and somewhere smaller where they are less established is amazing, so if you have to choose between a big show and a smaller one, pick the smaller one, you're in for a treat!!!!

See y'all at the World on the 13th!

xoxo

Alexandra