Clubplanet Nightlife Community

self tanners?

i've used estee lauder and clarins brand self-tanners. lauder is really stinky, but works well. clarins products are plant based, so that horrible selftanner smell is covered up by the scent of planet extracts. no matter what brand you use, ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS exfoliate first.

Yeah Neutrogena makes a self tanner..but be careful when applying. One summer I used it my legs and face came out nice and tan..but my arms got a little spotted and my hands looked funny..like I dipped them in adobo lol..:laugh:

Just be careful when using it..and use it like a couple days before you go away because if it comes out wrong you dont want to have to go down to florida looking like a freak..:tongue:

I would really suggest a tanning salon even tho I dont go to those things..but if you use it in moderation..only go maybe like once or twice a week your tan should come out nice.. hope this helps..

thanks guys :)

does the neutrogena stuff smell really bad? i'm either gonna go with clarins or neutrogena. the only reason i'm leaning towards clarins is because it's not that horribly smelling :yuck:

as for the tanning salon, thanks for the suggestion, but i think that'll still fry me up like the sun would :tongue:

Is Guerlian(I think it is spelled) it is found @ Neman Marcus @ the makeup conter. I know it sounds weird but I used it before quite a few times. 1) It doesn't make you look orange, like the others. 2) It really doesn't rub off. 3) The only downfall is that it's $35.00 a bottle. But it lasts a long time.

Peace

• 2 weeks later...

however.... say u do decide 2 use neutrogena....... make sure u use the shade formulated 4 ur skin tone.... say u're pale use only "light" no matter how dark u'd like 2 be.... i'm naturally very pale and used the super dark foam.... face came out yellow and body came out bright orange... needless 2 say, i hadda go 2 skool like that the whole day.... ppl thought i wuz some kind of waffle

I dont know if you have one near you.. but Hollywood Tans now has a UV ray free tanning thing.. you go into this shower type thing and get misted with a self tanning lotion/oil. I'm gonna go and check it out cause i dont want the harmful rays and ive had many self-tanning accidents.

Originally posted by hardtopleaz

I dont know if you have one near you.. but Hollywood Tans now has a UV ray free tanning thing.. you go into this shower type thing and get misted with a self tanning lotion/oil. I'm gonna go and check it out cause i dont want the harmful rays and ive had many self-tanning accidents.

~~~thats awesome!!!! lemme know how it comes out i need to preserve my cancn tan somehow:(

Originally posted by hardtopleaz

hey, thats a good idea. has anyone tried those out? do you end up with tiny drops of tanner on you though? :confused:

yup....... i've tried those things where u go into a shower-thingie and u get misted with like self-tanning oil.... it'd aight except for the fact that you get splotchy palms and hands ..... they have small section on that also in Glamour with that chick in da turquoise bikini on the cover (may i think)

Originally posted by ellinita

it's about $25

Which locations have it? The one that I go to every so often in Carldstat NJ dosnt'...or at least they didnt the last time I was there...where are you going?

Bern