Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What is a Dj's job...is it just to DJ?

wildmiami

Granted there are many Dj's out there and the ones that are famous have to do with one thing...they can take their "specific" crowd of listeners for the ride they are looking for. Then you got those few that suck but happen to be lucky enough to have met the right people...but those are few.

Gettin' into the topic here, I have come to realize something about the scene and that's that a Dj can be more than just that Guy/Girl that can spin records. They can be more....waaaay more than what I see out there. The way I see it, they are the leader's....they take us places. I find it hard to understand why Dj's don't have something like a "fan club"...yes it sounds cheezy when you first hear the word fan club. But imagine a Dj that is more interactive with his listeners, a dj that listens to his crowd, that takes their opinions, that throws parties of his own and let's his crowd know what's up.

Example: Mauro Picotto, my favorite producer/dj has a website where his fans write on a messageboard like this one. He actually writes back often and even posts some topics of his own. www.mauropicotto.com

Then you got my favorite Dj ....the one and only Judge Jules. He has a website where you can email him and either him or one of his partners get back to you. They try to answer all their emails. I've tested it and they really do. you could check that one out at www.judgejules.net.

I hope someone out there can feel me.

ALOT OF DJ'S SHOULD INTERACT MORE WITH THEIR FANS.....

AS FOR WHAT IS A DJ'S JOB.... I THINK THE DJ SHOULD NOT ONLY DJ BUT ALSO FEEL THE MUSIC WHILE HES PLAYING IT...THUS MAKING HIS FANS FEEL E MUSIC EVEN MORE....

DJ TAUCHER WOULD BE MY CHOICE IN THAT DEPARTMENT.... IF ANY OF YOU GUYS EVER GET TO SEE TAUCHER LIVE...YOU WILL LOOSE YOUR FUKIN MINDS !!!! HE IS ALOT MORE THAN A DJ..HE IS ONE OF THE BEST ENTERTAINERS OUT THERE IN THE MUSIC WORLD... & IF ANY OF YOU GUYS EVER GET TOO SEE HIM LIVE , YOU WILL KNOW WHAT I MEAN.... PEACE !!:cool: :cool: :cool:

I would love to be a member of a DJ fan club!

Not just one in particular but several.

I think that DJ's who interact with their fans are only allowing themselves to grow as artists. Feed back whether it be good or bad is necessary for them because it's the fans who fill the clubs and raves. I have also written to several DJ's via e-mails and only one actually wrote back (Joy Kitikonti). We see Edgar V's posts on CP quite often. And many of the up & comers as well. As far as when they are performing (in the booth), it gives the crowd so much more energy when they see the DJ into it too. Not smiling or smoking a cigarette but getting involved with the people on the dance floor. When the people see the DJ is hyped, they feel the connection with him/her and the music! Great vibe.