Deep House

House

Acid Jazz?

Maybe?

Possibly?

well maybe...hmm...i think i don't...trance - NO WAY

house is ok.....acid jazz is so yestercentury.......:D

Originally posted by zlatang

well, being cosmopolitan means having a good taste i'm afraid....so many bad things have to be excluded. don't mistake cosmopolitanism for multi-culturalism Please!

:tongue:

Main Entry: [2]cosmopolitan

Function: adjective

Date: 1844

1 : having worldwide rather than limited or provincial scope or bearing

2 : having wide international sophistication : WORLDLY

3 : composed of persons, constituents, or elements from all or many parts of the world

4 : found in most parts of the world and under varied ecological conditions <a cosmopolitan herb>

- cos·mo·pol·i·tan·ism /-t&-"ni-z&m/ noun

Having good taste is a matter of opinion. Being narrow minded is a character flaw you display.

I suggest you update your dictionary.

-iliana

:cool:

Originally posted by iliana

Having good taste is a matter of opinion. Being narrow minded is a character flaw you display.

-iliana

well you are being difficult on this...of course that in order to form a good tatse one needs to have a 'worldly' insight -- into music, in this case. i do like oriental music, for example, but i absolutely detest internationalised crap, such as hip-hop or pseudo-alrernative rock...so, maybe i should ad elitist to cosmopolitan, but i certainly don't need to update my dictionary, beacuse your own definition (ie the definition you quoted) emphasised 'sophistication' which then certainly included the process of selection....hence the Narrowness of my prefernces, which only enables the high quality of my prefernces (in my own, individualised framework of taste, which i don't intend to globalise as a common standard of quality)...also the quality of narrow or open-mind-ness is an individualised category, and it cannot be objectively 'measured." i hope this helps!

:rolleyes:

Main Entry: [2]cosmopolitan

Function: adjective

Date: 1844

1 : having worldwide rather than limited or provincial scope or bearing

3 : composed of persons, constituents, or elements from all or many parts of the world

4 : found in most parts of the world and under varied ecological conditions <a cosmopolitan herb>

- cos·mo·pol·i·tan·ism /-t&-"ni-z&m/ noun

-iliana

oh by the way - i went to change my profile just now and realised that the word 'cosmopolitan' there refers to the locality where i live and not to my attitude towards music...the fact is that i do live part time in the usa and part time in europe...i should have said 'occidental' i suppose, because i do know more about western-european culture than about the far east...just another clarification for the hair-splitting dictionary-consultatnts...:rolleyes:

well you are being difficult on this...of course that in order to form a good tatse one needs to have a 'worldly' insight -- into music, in this case. i do like oriental music, for example, but i absolutely detest internationalised crap, such as hip-hop or pseudo-alrernative rock...so, maybe i should ad elitist to cosmopolitan, but i certainly don't need to update my dictionary, beacuse your own definition (ie the definition you quoted) emphasised 'sophistication' which then certainly included the process of selection....hence the Narrowness of my prefernces, which only enables the high quality of my prefernces (in my own, individualised framework of taste, which i don't intend to globalise as a common standard of quality)...also the quality of narrow or open-mind-ness is an individualised category, and it cannot be objectively 'measured." i hope this helps!

:rolleyes:

In not so many words, or run on sentences, you're a social snob.

That still has nothing to do with Cosmopolitan or the FULL SCOPE OF THE DEFINITION.

If you live everywhere, you can try: GYPSY

-iliana

In not so many words, or run on sentences, you're a social snob.

That still has nothing to do with Cosmopolitan or the FULL SCOPE OF THE DEFINITION.

If you live everywhere, you can try: GYPSY

-iliana

here we go again...i must have hit the wrong spot in my list of music - i'm *soooo sorry* if you happen to like some of the music genres i mentioned.

FYI:

"snob - 1. one who imitates, cultivates or slavishly admires those with social rank; 2. one who pretends to have social importance"

the very term 'snob' is essentially related to social issues - to use the term "social snob" (as you did) is an obvious redundancy - how about checking the dictionary not just in order to criticise (rather unsuccessfully) the others, but to control oneself?

also i can't be a snob because i do have a social rank: my family has a 14 generation genealogy, an aristocratic title from the 13th century, and my ancestors had positions in court since 19th century.

"gypsy - a member of a nomadic, caucasoid people of generally swarthy complexion, who migrated originally from india..."

no swarthy complexion here and no nomadic style of living either, sorry to disappoint you darling…can’t you just **move on** and accept the fact that someone dislikes something you like? deal with it! these things happen in life you know…

:D:tongue::D

zlatang...on a diff note, your sig sounds familiar....like a Danny Tenaglia song from one of his Global Underground cds...I would classify DT as maybe Deep House, Tech House, etc.....you telling me you haven't listened to him? :D

Originally posted by saifuku

zlatang...on a diff note, your sig sounds familiar....like a Danny Tenaglia song from one of his Global Underground cds...I would classify DT as maybe Deep House, Tech House, etc.....you telling me you haven't listened to him? :D

well my sig is from miss kittin&the hacker's song called "frank sinatra"....i do like DT, it's just that deep house became a bit repetative...like all house music anyway...i mean i listened to it since mid 1990s, very soon after i got bored with techno/trance...tech-house i indeed a genre which has a future, i totally agree...ok?:D

here we go again...i must have hit the wrong spot in my list of music - i'm *soooo sorry* if you happen to like some of the music genres i mentioned.

FYI:

"snob - 1. one who imitates, cultivates or slavishly admires those with social rank; 2. one who pretends to have social importance"

the very term 'snob' is essentially related to social issues - to use the term "social snob" (as you did) is an obvious redundancy - how about checking the dictionary not just in order to criticise (rather unsuccessfully) the others, but to control oneself?

also i can't be a snob because i do have a social rank: my family has a 14 generation genealogy, an aristocratic title from the 13th century, and my ancestors had positions in court since 19th century.

"gypsy - a member of a nomadic, caucasoid people of generally swarthy complexion, who migrated originally from india..."

no swarthy complexion here and no nomadic style of living either, sorry to disappoint you darling…can’t you just **move on** and accept the fact that someone dislikes something you like? deal with it! these things happen in life you know…

:D:tongue::D

Actually, I could care less about what you dislike. The fact that I brought up an error with how you describe yourself and what you portray really bothers YOU. Get over it.

Gypsy as an intransitive verb means to LIVE AND ROAM AS A GYPSY, hence, what you CLAIM: to have lived and been everywhere. It's apparent they skipped you when they were handing out aristocratic education. I would confront your royal family about this.

-iliana

:laugh:

Originally posted by rfkfreak

See, before Ilana and zlatang started their disagreement, I was questioning why this was in drama :D.

lol thanx to her i got to be the focus of attention....not that enjoy being there, but hey it's drama...:D :D :D

Actually, I could care less about what you dislike. The fact that I brought up an error with how you describe yourself and what you portray really bothers YOU. Get over it.

Gypsy as an intransitive verb means to LIVE AND ROAM AS A GYPSY, hence, what you CLAIM: to have lived and been everywhere. It's apparent they skipped you when they were handing out aristocratic education. I would confront your royal family about this.

-iliana

well darling - i really wonder what bothers you about my self-definition, to that extent that it makes you waste all this time typing....i am NOT persuaded at all that it's just this linguistic quasi-puritanism of yours.

i am not bothered by my self-representation at all, and there is nothing regarding that issue i have to *get over with.* i was ready to modify it so it would be more accurate and thanks to your somewhat tedious and yet pedantic advice, i turned this thread into a self-defining newsletter. not that i wanted it to be that way -- i hate publicity and i'm much more interested in music others hate -- but it happened!

i didn't know that the word 'gypsy' is also a verb....anyway, thank you for illuminating that important concept for me! i regret to tell you though that reading the debrett is much more important for us than defining the life of nomadic people. [gawd, someone really has AN ATTITUDE regarding her eductional role on this message board.]

by the way: i never claimed i lived and been Everywhere. just in the best places. as for my family, i'm sure that they'd prefer me to make charming mistakes, than to be a rigid, pseudo-scholarly nerd. if you still want to discuss my education with my family - why of course dear, leave us your card (i'm sure you have one) and we'll consider granting you an audience.

:laugh::rolleyes::laugh:

-iliana

since we're all hyped up on grammar now, i thought i'd point out that you probably meant "i could NOT care less" saying "i could care less" means that you actually give a shit since you DO care.

well darling - i really wonder what bothers you about my self-definition, to that extent that it makes you waste all this time typing....i am NOT persuaded at all that it's just this linguistic quasi-puritanism of yours.

i am not bothered by my self-representation at all, and there is nothing regarding that issue i have to *get over with.* i was ready to modify it so it would be more accurate and thanks to your somewhat tedious and yet pedantic advice, i turned this thread into a self-defining newsletter. not that i wanted it to be that way -- i hate publicity and i'm much more interested in music others hate -- but it happened!

i didn't know that the word 'gypsy' is also a verb....anyway, thank you for illuminating that important concept for me! i regret to tell you though that reading the debrett is much more important for us than defining the life of nomadic people. [gawd, someone really has AN ATTITUDE regarding her eductional role on this message board.]

by the way: i never claimed i lived and been Everywhere. just in the best places. as for my family, i'm sure that they'd prefer me to make charming mistakes, than to be a rigid, pseudo-scholarly nerd. if you still want to discuss my education with my family - why of course dear, leave us your card (i'm sure you have one) and we'll consider granting you an audience.

:laugh::rolleyes::laugh:

LOL

Still, you proceeded to take my "tedious advice". However, modifying your profile is rather pointless since NO ONE CARES.

It would of been much easier for you to admit that you were wrong about your definition, and perhaps added more musical genres to your very short list. But instead you chose to take part in this ridiculous tirade.

This thread has proven your lack of verbal accuracy, and more importantly, your difficulty in taking criticism. Your self-descriptive babble is a trait that belongs to people who refuse to get to the point, and want to elude the real topic at hand. Please do not waste YOUR time typing.

Your feeble attempts to be facetious and humorous are boring.

Entertain me with something brand new....

SO.....NEW TOPIC

What sexual position do you hate?

I know you take it up the ass...so you can't count that one!

-iliana

:laugh::cool:

LOL

Still, you proceeded to take my "tedious advice". However, modifying your profile is rather pointless since NO ONE CARES.

It would of been much easier for you to admit that you were wrong about your definition, and perhaps added more musical genres to your very short list. But instead you chose to take part in this ridiculous tirade.

This thread has proven your lack of verbal accuracy, and more importantly, your difficulty in taking criticism. Your self-descriptive babble is a trait that belongs to people who refuse to get to the point, and want to elude the real topic at hand. Please do not waste YOUR time typing.

Your feeble attempts to be facetious and humorous are boring.

Entertain me with something brand new....

SO.....NEW TOPIC

What sexual position do you hate?

I know you take it up the ass...so you can't count that one!

-iliana

:laugh::cool:

haha i wish you were more open to criticism yourself -- i at least took some time to consider your criticism, not to please someone who *cares* to read about myself, but because i am quite open minded. and it seems to me that you care a lot about what I write here -- there is an obvious effort visible in your replies, in all these quasi-persuasive lines you type. i can see a motivation for myself to reply -- i am asked to clarify and define my position, but as for you -- what is your goal here? to prove how *great and clever* you are? to build your own image by attempting to denigrate someone else? well i don't think anyone is impressed with it at all! it only indicates a negative kind of character, one which can only feed on the faults allegedly found in the others, for the lack of its own quality…it almost makes me feel sad for you!

as for my 'attempts to be humorous' -- i actually see none. i was being merely rational about it. if you fail to be entertained by what i wrote here, please bear in mind that it wasn't meant to be for your entertainment in the first place....it's rather that you never cease to amuse me with your curious interest in my personality....it must be a psychological issue you have.

as for your new topic -- to your disappointment, i never “took up my assâ€.(indeed a certain vulgarity also belongs to your “virtuesâ€). the fact you supposed it shows how ‘open-minded’ and 'kind' you are -- when nothing else helps, one can always resort to gay-bashing and insults. what a **smart move** ms. tolerance.

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Originally posted by sxyaznchiq

since we're all hyped up on grammar now, i thought i'd point out that you probably meant "i could NOT care less" saying "i could care less" means that you actually give a shit since you DO care.

yes yes that's our iliana - ms. know-it-all, and yet messy when it comes to her own posts. and i'm happy to see that someone lese agrees that she cares....why? well don't ask me....:eek:

check out http://brianmills.com

music i hate,,,

one word

bad trance , if there is a difference anymore. not to mention anything that one would hear at a bat mitzvah or block party ( i.e. chicken dance, hands up, or stray cat. also incudes everything by meatloaf. )

best song ? silent morning by noel

theres just a whole lotta breakbeat in my veins lately too

brian mills

Bmad.jpg

-- i am asked to clarify and define my position, but as for you -- what is your goal here?

Well, your position is clearly doggy style.... &

My goal was to prove you didn't know what Cosmopolitan meant!

DUH!

... to prove how *great and clever* you are? to build your own image by attempting to denigrate someone else? well i don't think anyone is impressed with it at all! it only indicates a negative kind of character, one which can only feed on the faults allegedly found in the others, for the lack of its own quality…it almost makes me feel sad for you!

Wow, hun, I was pointing out that you didn't know what Cosmopolitan meant. That's not denigratory especially not with YOU because you're not a person of importance! You're too sensitive -get help for that!!!!!!! Plus, I didn't think it was gonna get your K-mart panties in a bunch!

By the way, do you know what Cosmopolitan means?? (LOLLOL)

as for my 'attempts to be humorous' -- i actually see none.

you're right..it was you being gay!

...it's rather that you never cease to amuse me with your curious interest in my personality....it must be a psychological issue you have.

I'm as interested in your personality as I am in getting a root canal!!! Get over yourself!

as for your new topic -- to your disappointment, i never “took up my ass”.(indeed a certain vulgarity also belongs to your “virtues”). the fact you supposed it shows how ‘open-minded’ and 'kind' you are -- when nothing else helps, one can always resort to gay-bashing and insults. what a **smart move** ms. tolerance.

Um,. no. AT this point I'm bored with you and this thread and topic. When I get antsy I start to play vulgar...so BLOW ME! (I'm sure you know about that!)

MUAH!

-iliana

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well, your position is clearly doggy style.... &

My goal was to prove you didn't know what Cosmopolitan meant!

DUH!

Wow, hun, I was pointing out that you didn't know what Cosmopolitan meant. That's not denigratory especially not with YOU because you're not a person of importance! You're too sensitive -get help for that!!!!!!! Plus, I didn't think it was gonna get your K-mart panties in a bunch!

By the way, do you know what Cosmopolitan means?? (LOLLOL)

you're right..it was you being gay!

I'm as interested in your personality as I am in getting a root canal!!! Get over yourself!

Um,. no. AT this point I'm bored with you and this thread and topic. When I get antsy I start to play vulgar...so BLOW ME! (I'm sure you know about that!)

MUAH!

-iliana

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

interestingly you never answered any of the questions i asked. whenever you lack any kind of rational argument, or you are challenged by an obviously superior frame of mind, (babe, let's face it, you don't even know your grammar, and it wasn't i who pointed that out! -- there's always summer school for people like you), you resort to insults and vulgarities. it only goes to show what you really are (and i'll adopt your kind of tone and language here, for i suppose you only understand your own low-life 'style' of talk):

a pathetic, bitter, stupid, egocentric, frustrated, jarred wannabe-viper/bitch who takes pleasure in posting online insults, compensating for lack of communication she experiences in real life.

this is i suppose the only 'space' (cyber-one though) where you can have your miserable existence, hoping that it'll prevent the others from discovering how ignorant and pretentious you are...well we can't be fooled that easily...face it!

let me ask you something: what are you doing posting here if you are not interested in me? It’s not about cosmopolitanism any more…get a life! your pseudo-educational tirade is done with. i mean, it's hardly a compliment for me to have such a person (if you can be called a person at all) as you posting on the thread i started, so please just crawl back in your hole and save your venom for others like yourself.

:tongue::D:tongue:

It's apparent that the majority of you are only familiar with Commercial Hip-hop. Your views are one sided. It would be easy to dislike electronic music if I thought KTU was the final word on techno. Hip Hop is definitly an art form that shouldn't be judged by Hot97 or BET.

-iliana

...and this explains everything! she seems to like hip-hop and she believes that we all should follow her example! i still think hip-hop is a boring mainstream genre (as i stated before), but of course everyone has his likes and dislikes...(hip-hop is "an art form"? c'mon...) but what a vanity-issue our little wannabe-viper has....gawd....:D