Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Music download help!

vicman

Originally posted by vicman

hell yeah, i downloaded it at work, but my computer here has no CD-R drive so its useless, I just wanted to see how fast it would download with a fast connection. I think I downloaded the whole 8 parts in 10 min at the most...I'll get one of the computer geeks at work to download it for me tommorrow and I can give it a listen.

Take a screwdriver to work and remove the harddrive, then take it home and DL everything to your hardrive and then take it back to work.

Originally posted by therunner

Take a screwdriver to work and remove the harddrive, then take it home and DL everything to your hardrive and then take it back to work.

i wouldnt know how to do that, how to download stuff from one hard drive to another, etc. without th efear of messing things up.

would youknow how to do it?

i wouldnt know how to do that, how to download stuff from one hard drive to another, etc. without th efear of messing things up.

would youknow how to do it?

Yeah it's not hard at all. All you have to do is take the (i think) 24pin connector with you and then hook it up as a slave on your hard drive at home and then reboot, run it so your PC finds it and then copy. then unhook reboot so your PC doesn't find it and then you are good. There are a few more steps than what I said but it's pretty simple.

The computer I have now I built from the ground up and have never even seen the inside of a computer before I started putting it together and I haad no problems.

Originally posted by therunner

Yeah it's not hard at all. All you have to do is take the (i think) 24pin connector with you and then hook it up as a slave on your hard drive at home and then reboot, run it so your PC finds it and then copy. then unhook reboot so your PC doesn't find it and then you are good. There are a few more steps than what I said but it's pretty simple.

The computer I have now I built from the ground up and have never even seen the inside of a computer before I started putting it together and I haad no problems.

it would still freak me out, i dunno all the wires and shit, i might cut the wrong one and the computer might explode.

it would still freak me out, i dunno all the wires and shit, i might cut the wrong one and the computer might explode.

If you CUT anything, then you have done something wrong and the computer might explode. And now that I think about it, you don't need to take the connector with you, the connector on your computer will have the slave capability on it.

Originally posted by crank47

d/l the Sasha and Digweed Essential Mix last night. IT IS UNREAL. I listened to it last night, I'm listening to it right now, I'm going to listen to it until Sunday!

D2K is amazingly fast for d/l on broadband. I was freakin shocked at how quick it was.

Yeah- I listened to some of it live on saturday night (b/c i'm a dork and didn't go out), I ended up using that link instead of AG to download the set------------------->crank was right about the speed- fawking unreal how fast!