Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bush once again tangles with diplomacy and the english language

"This doesn't have nothing to do with reputation," Mr. Bush said, according to a transcript released by the White House. "It has everything to do with the consequences if it fails."

"If a summit fails, if the president lays it out there and nothing happens, generally the status — the follow-up is worse than the status quo," he said. "And that's what presidents must understand."

Obviously what a president doesn't need to understand is grammar, double negatives, sentance fragments or the importance of nuance (as a verb, if you will)...

"He is clearly impatient when interviewers suggest that he should listen to other views of the Palestinians. "Look, my job isn't to try to nuance," he told a British television reporter who tried late last week to equate the terrorism of radical Palestinians with the actions of Israeli occupiers of Palestinian territory. "My job is to tell people what I think."

Yo, if his job is to tell us what to think, WE HAVE A BIG FUCKIN PROBLEM, cause the US population is dumb enough already.

Originally posted by cintron

Dont you mean "we gotta big fuckin problem cause the us population s'dumb nuff already, y'hear?"

wanna go down ta tha farm and dun go tip some cattle tonight?

I hate politics and politicians... its a sad reflection of the truest aspects of humans as a whole... I don't believe theres 1 government run without corruption... that really says something about humans when given social/financial power...

Originally posted by cintron

Dont you mean "we gotta big fuckin problem cause the us population s'dumb nuff already, y'hear?"

LMFAO!! Yo yO my bad. Thanx for keepin it REAL!

(just stop puttin in all those punktulation an shit, itz like u know werez it goez and stuff)

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . . I knew we were doomed when that man got elected . . . He's almost a kind of validation for people who've become wildly successful by pulling connections and winging it through life . . .

Who the hell said he got elected?

There's an interesting article (Times magazine I think) that was going on about how past presidents (Eisenhower comes to mind) purposely faked stupidity in order to fool the public and get more done.

Supposedly, Dubya liked to be underestimated...so maybe he's not as dumb as we think he is?

Then again...my patience for results are wearing thin... ;)

Originally posted by xpander

There's an interesting article (Times magazine I think) that was going on about how past presidents (Eisenhower comes to mind) purposely faked stupidity in order to fool the public and get more done.

;)

Yup, tis true . . . JFK as well was known to "fake stupidity" purposely in order to get support .

:blank: :blank: :blank:

personally I believe in a man's actions more than his words. Bush shows that he's a human being. I think you would shit a brick a little and make verbal blunders also if you were the leader of the free world.

The world hangs on your every decision and word. The thought of that MIGHT make you a bit nervous.

Right now, Bush has done more or less a decent job in dealing with the Middle East dabocles. With Afghanistan AND with Israel. I'm glad that Gore isn't in office during these times, that's all I have to say.

Like I said, he's merely a human being.

Supposedly, Dubya liked to be underestimated...so maybe he's not as dumb as we think he is?

Then again...my patience for results are wearing thin... ;)

I think in this case they got a real "dumB' to be stupid in order to fool the public so Cheyney could plot the evil and get it done.

Originally posted by saigray

"This doesn't have nothing to do with reputation," Mr. Bush said, according to a transcript released by the White House. "It has everything to do with the consequences if it fails."

"If a summit fails, if the president lays it out there and nothing happens, generally the status — the follow-up is worse than the status quo," he said. "And that's what presidents must understand."

Obviously what a president doesn't need to understand is grammar, double negatives, sentance fragments or the importance of nuance (as a verb, if you will)...

"He is clearly impatient when interviewers suggest that he should listen to other views of the Palestinians. "Look, my job isn't to try to nuance," he told a British television reporter who tried late last week to equate the terrorism of radical Palestinians with the actions of Israeli occupiers of Palestinian territory. "My job is to tell people what I think."

Yo, if his job is to tell us what to think, WE HAVE A BIG FUCKIN PROBLEM, cause the US population is dumb enough already.

The landscape is full of the dead bodies of pundits, politicians, and silly intellgentsia who have undrestimated the intelligence of our last 2 presidents.

Don't worry, I'm certain George Bush is just a little smarter than you think you are. He's certainly more successful than you'll ever be.

Quit hating.

Originally posted by nubreedfan

The landscape is full of the dead bodies of pundits, politicians, and silly intellgentsia who have undrestimated the intelligence of our last 2 presidents.

Don't worry, I'm certain George Bush is just a little smarter than you think you are. He's certainly more successful than you'll ever be.

Quit hating.

Our last two presidents: Hmmm. Clinton was widely regarded as one of the smartest presidents we ever had, a political genius with a combination of intellect and PR skills with a slight libido problem. Whether you liked his politics or not, "undrestimated" was not a word used (well, it's not actually a word at all but...) to describe him. Bush, Sr. was seen as stubborn and opportunistic, with difficulty in lip-reading, but his VP was the one who couldn't spell potato.

No other Chief Executive, recent or not, has been as embarrassing to the American public as our present. The head of state should NOT get a open pass to sound like a moron because he's under pressure- a) that's his job, B) he has a staff devoted to making him sound good and this is the best they can do!!! I don't think he could possibly be smarter than I think I am- I am obviously very ooverestimatable in the intellectualizement plateau!

Lastly, it depends how you measure success. If riding your family's money and coattails to a position you are unqualified for is success, your right. I will never be as successful as good ol' Dubya!

Look, I hate Dubya as much as anyone, and I think he's a buffoon, but cut him a little slack here! I mean, seriously, how many people always speak with perfect grammar? Keep in mind that this is an oral transcript, not a written statement, and that in that first sentence he was obviously starting to say one thing, cut himself off, and then went with saying something else. Tell me that you don't do that once in a while yourself. Besides, if you're supposed to lead the "American people", the last thing you want to do is sound high brow, as Al Gore learned last year...

Originally posted by msoprano13

every time i see him on tv im like oh man here we go....

does anyone else notice hes a stumbling stuttering ass on tv....he can never get his sentences out

. . . Listen . . If I spent most of my youth riding a bramah bull without a saddle, don'tcha think I'd have a high pitched voice and a facial tick too? . . . .