Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bush once again tangles with diplomacy and the english language

Originally posted by saigray

Our last two presidents: Hmmm. Clinton was widely regarded as one of the smartest presidents we ever had, a political genius with a combination of intellect and PR skills with a slight libido problem. Whether you liked his politics or not, "undrestimated" was not a word used (well, it's not actually a word at all but...) to describe him. Bush, Sr. was seen as stubborn and opportunistic, with difficulty in lip-reading, but his VP was the one who couldn't spell potato.

No other Chief Executive, recent or not, has been as embarrassing to the American public as our present. The head of state should NOT get a open pass to sound like a moron because he's under pressure- a) that's his job, B) he has a staff devoted to making him sound good and this is the best they can do!!! I don't think he could possibly be smarter than I think I am- I am obviously very ooverestimatable in the intellectualizement plateau!

Lastly, it depends how you measure success. If riding your family's money and coattails to a position you are unqualified for is success, your right. I will never be as successful as good ol' Dubya!

If you think Clinton wasn't underestimated his entire career, then you know nothing of history or politics, which other than hating, are the two things which you seem to be pretend to know something about. You should prolly educate yourself a little about the political history of William Jefferson Clinton, before you spout off such an a patently ignorant statement.

Other than in 1996, Bill Clinton was never taken seroiusly in any campaign for which he seeked office . He was crushed in a bid to become a congressman the first time he seeked office. He was voted out of the Governors office in AK in an embarrassing defeat. His own party gave him virtually no support in the democratic primary for the 92 election. It was thought by the liberal intelligentsia that control his party that a "southern good ole boy" would never be electable as President.

As far as your cacophonous statements regarding the current President, well I'll just dismiss that to your obvious ignorance as well.

Originally posted by nubreedfan

If you think Clinton wasn't underestimated his entire career, then you know nothing of history or politics, which other than hating, are the two things which you seem to be pretend to know something about. You should prolly educate yourself a little about the political history of William Jefferson Clinton, before you spout off such an an obviously ignorant statement.

Other than in 1996, Bill Clinton was never taken seroiusly in any campaign for which he seeked office . He was voted out of the Governors office in AK in an embarrassing defeat. His own party gave him virtually no support in the democratic primary for the 92 election. It was thought by the liberal intelligentsia that control his party that a "southern good ole boy" would never be electable as President.

As far as your cacophonous statements regarding the current President, well I'll just dismiss that to ignorance as well.

. . . you must be from the tax bracket that they're passing all these breaks for . . .

. . .sheesh . . I gotta make more money . . . .

Bush looks like an idiot, talks like an idiot. I can't believe there was no better candidate in the whole United States. I mean it's the president we're talking about here. Wasn't there someone who can at least talk in an intelligent manner? What a shame.

Right now, Bush has done more or less a decent job in dealing with the Middle East dabocles. With Afghanistan AND with Israel.

Ya think?

Maybe this is because you live in the US instead of Afghanistan or Israel. You might even be dead now now you lived there. You could be one of the "accidental" casualties. Well I guess it would be different if you were living there.

If something doesn't please Bush, it's "send the planes and bomds". Let's see how many Iraqi civilians die in next few months.

Also maybe the dEbacles wouldn't exist if it weren't for him anyway.

Originally posted by ashta

Ya think?

Maybe this is because you live in the US instead of Afghanistan or Israel. You might even be dead now now you lived there. You could be one of the "accidental" casualties. Well I guess it would be different if you were living there.

If something doesn't please Bush, it's "send the planes and bomds". Let's see how many Iraqi civilians die in next few months.

Congatulations!

The above statement qualifies as the single most incorrehent stream of concience rambling I've ever read in my life.

You can pick up your prize @ the front door.:)

:finger:

I'm tired and I can't be as eloquent as Dubya right now.

Either way I stand by the points I tried or think I tried to make.

Maybe it came out wrong.

I'm just frustrated that people don't seem to care that others are dying, so long as it's not close to home.

Originally posted by ashta

Ya think?

first of all what i meant was that i like his policies in regards to dealing with that region.

secondly, just like all of these arab governments are saying how its our leaders' fault that innocent people died in the sept 11th attacks and this that, and we brought it onto ourselves....

the same goes for the leaders of all of these countries.

I just love how the president of Iran calls ISRAEL a REGIME :laugh: :laugh: . it's like my friend, take a look in the mirror. look who's talking lol. you've turned a once great country into a fanatic Muslim state.

and thirdly, this isn't just Bush who's isn't pleased lol. stop terrorizing the free world, and we'll stop sending our armies.simple as that. this goes for afghanistan, palestinians,etc etc...

question...where do YOU LIVE to be talking so pompous.

Bush is smart, he is a shrewd businessman, and has a good heart, But Politically I believe he is making poor decisions that will have a major effect on our social and economic future.

Editorial by Michael Halajian

It was a campaign promise that got him elected, and one he followed through on. To give tax refunds accross America with an average of $600 per family, with the top 2% receiving thirty percent of the refunds. Supposedly done in order to stimulate the economy, which was had already slowed considerably since the tech boom.These refunds came from the surplus acquired during the past strong economic years. Democrats urged that the money would not last, and that while we had it we should use it to strenghten social security, and overhaul medicaid, giving more money for prescription drug and senior citizen benefits, smart ideas now that the baby boomer generation is entering their golden years. After the tax refunds, it was clear that there was no money left for these social programs, and with the economy close to, (some say into) a recession, that surplus that seemed so large had completely disappeared. The president then made a promise that the government would not have to DIP INTO social security to balance the budget.A month later the government office that hadles budgetary matters concluded that we would need to do this, and the President agreed, so instead of securing social security for thirty more years, we now have to take more money out of it...GOOD JOB DUBYA

No one saw Sempter 11th coming, and the President has handled the initial shock, and Anti-Terrorist campaign with the mark of a true leader. His speeches were poignant and dignified and resonated deeply within the hearts of every American. Now, as they are clearing the last of the debris from ground zero we must face our economic reality, money on the defense budget has been raised to levels not seen since the cold war, and for good reason. After rising steadily for three months, the stock markets took a steep dive back to where they began the year, effectively negating the gains of the first quarter, yet Bush is still trying to push Bills through congress that would spend more and more money that we just dont have. Now Bush says it will be ok and flashes his idiot smile, but the fact is that his fiscal irresponsibility may very possibily have grave consequences for our economy in the next few years. We may see Bush suffering the same fate as his father. We are reading Dubya's lips and they're telling us no new taxes. If thats true, I want to know where the money's gonna come from.