Clubplanet Nightlife Community

****Official fortune cookie thread***

zaguero

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

You forgot "That wasn't chicken" :D But I guess that's kind of like #2 that you listed.

BTW - I prefer "Under the decks" to "in bed" :D

hell yeah, spoken like a true dj whore ;)

"under the decks" can also have a deep philosofical meaning to it.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

speakin of fortune cookies... I had chinese again today and mine said... "You have a heart of gold"....... I guess I have to add the "in bed" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: does this mean I have a big heart and get more pleasure in giving than receiving?? :confused:

Originally posted by ellywelly

speakin of fortune cookies... I had chinese again today and mine said... "You have a heart of gold"....... I guess I have to add the "in bed" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: does this mean I have a big heart and get more pleasure in giving than receiving?? :confused:

i guess it depends on what you are giving and what the other person is recieving :D

Vic and Zag,

I currently have Comcast and the story is...

you pay the monthly fee, plus the $5.95, but that only gives you connection for 1 computer. You must buy a router, which you can purchase at any Best Buy, Circuit City, etc. These are about $100 plus the cable to connect the two computers. This is a very extensive process and once you have a router comcast will not provide service to you. You also must pay an additional $5.95 for the second computer.

Hooking up the router was a huge ordeal, but if you call the help desk for the router (if I had known this things would have been much more simple) they will walk you through step by step on what to do for each computer.

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by merkie

Vic and Zag,

I currently have Comcast and the story is...

you pay the monthly fee, plus the $5.95, but that only gives you connection for 1 computer. You must buy a router, which you can purchase at any Best Buy, Circuit City, etc. These are about $100 plus the cable to connect the two computers. This is a very extensive process and once you have a router comcast will not provide service to you. You also must pay an additional $5.95 for the second computer.

Hooking up the router was a huge ordeal, but if you call the help desk for the router (if I had known this things would have been much more simple) they will walk you through step by step on what to do for each computer.

Hope this helps.

We're in the process of doing exactly that. The thing is that we have another roomate who also has a PC and wants connection as well. Going back to the router thing, did you have to buy a network card for your PC or did your PC already include one? It sounds as if it was a pain in the ass to setup. Our other roomate tried to hook up the cable modem onto his PC (without router) and he never could make it work. He even called Comcast so they could help him out and they were of no use. If I'm not mistaken he even mentioned to them that we were planning on using a router to service all 3 PC's and the guy from Comcast said it was cool.

Comcast is okay with you having it because they make you pay extra, but they say they will not provide tech support for routers.

My comp had a network card, but my room mate had to buy one for hers. She has a gateway and I think it cost her about $40 and was pretty easy to install. Our router can connect up to 4 computers. Basically you are setting up a network like companies have, but on a smaller scale.

I am not really a comp person and I figured it out. However, it took me about 2 weeks to get all of the kinks worked and get us connected. And calling comcast was a waste of time. Dealing with the router company was much more effective.

Comcast is okay with you having it because they make you pay extra, but they say they will not provide tech support for routers.

My comp had a network card, but my room mate had to buy one for hers. She has a gateway and I think it cost her about $40 and was pretty easy to install. Our router can connect up to 4 computers. Basically you are setting up a network like companies have, but on a smaller scale.

I am not really a comp person and I figured it out. However, it took me about 2 weeks to get all of the kinks worked and get us connected. And calling comcast was a waste of time. Dealing with the router company was much more effective.

there it is zag, get to work on it

Muchas gracias!:aright:

nothig like a little cable modem talk with your fortune cookies... hmmmmmmm hmmmmmmmm good...

"you will do yourself proud this time"

the last fortune cookie i had and remember... hmmmmmmm proud of what, i wonder?

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by a1wave

nothig like a little cable modem talk with your fortune cookies... hmmmmmmm hmmmmmmmm good...

"you will do yourself proud this time"

the last fortune cookie i had and remember... hmmmmmmm proud of what, i wonder?

:rolleyes:

Maybe you made yourself proud in bed.

• 2 weeks later...