Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Malanee & other folks that work near 18th & M

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

let's do lunch sometime! I'd like to put faces w/ screen names :)

I work on 18th between L & M.

I don't work anywhere near 18th and M but I know I can take a three hour lunch when I want too. So sure I am up for it. 18th and M is in G-town yeah??

I work in the Bank of America building 18th and K L side of the building above the Border's. Hope you like all sorts of food for lunch, cause malanee hates sandwiches. We eat a lot of Asian food for lunch.

Maybe some other time this week we could all meet up. Raver also works around here.

Originally posted by sauvee88

I work in the Bank of America building 18th and K L side of the building above the Border's. Hope you like all sorts of food for lunch, cause malanee hates sandwiches. We eat a lot of Asian food for lunch.

Maybe some other time this week we could all meet up. Raver also works around here.

its alright with me :) I'm not picky :)

where do u all go for Asian food?

I've been to Cafe Asia, Penang, and Oodles Noodles (cause they're near to my office). I work on 20th & M, but it's hard for me to get out to extended lunches.

Have u all ever had gyros from the Greek Deli? I've been here for 10 months, and it was my first time last week - those things are so damn good, but the head Greek guy behind the counter reminded me of the Soup Nazi from Seinfield. There's always a huge line outside, and he's just yelled at me "next order". I started laughing, I think I was lucky he didn't force me to the end of the line...

Originally posted by andre9000

Have u all ever had gyros from the Greek Deli? I've been here for 10 months, and it was my first time last week - those things are so damn good, but the head Greek guy behind the counter reminded me of the Soup Nazi from Seinfield. There's always a huge line outside, and he's just yelled at me "next order". I started laughing, I think I was lucky he didn't force me to the end of the line...

"NO GYRO FOR YOU!"

where do u all go for Asian food?

Penang, but the service sucks so we can't go there any more malanee wont go!! Cafe Asia. Oodles Noddles isn't worth it I don't think. Malaysian Kopitiam, next to Camelot is really good. I eat out every day so I go all over the place. There used to be a viet place next to Office Depot, but it's closed this week for renovation. There are some good indian places around here too, some good sushi places. That little italian place next to Cafe Asia and Oodles of Noodles is really good too. Yes the Greek place it excellent - soup are good too and so are the slalds. And yes the guy does remind you of the soup nazi - always yelling at people. And the line to that place is only going to get longer as it gets warmer out until like half way through June, when people go on vacation. Oh, Miewah for Chinese.... really good!!

Burrito Cart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My experience with Penang's service: I go there with 3 people from the office like it's second week. We get there at 11:45, before the crowd. I order the Ginger chicken, same as one other girl. About 20 minutes later, they come back and say "we ran out of ginger, and we only have enough ginger for 1 order of chicken, would you like to try some {insert other spice} instead?" So I took that and she got the ginger chicken. That lunch took us 1.5 hours....

Second time I was there I ordered a lemonade. After my first glass, I ask for another. She walks away, then comes back and says "we ran out of lemonade, would you like something else?"

That place needs some help..... Oh, yea that Italian place is Luigi's. It's damn good - great pizzas and pasta....

I've never tried Miewah.

Originally posted by sauvee88

Penang, but the service sucks so we can't go there any more malanee wont go!! Cafe Asia. Oodles Noddles isn't worth it I don't think. Malaysian Kopitiam, next to Camelot is really good. I eat out every day so I go all over the place. There used to be a viet place next to Office Depot, but it's closed this week for renovation. There are some good indian places around here too, some good sushi places. That little italian place next to Cafe Asia and Oodles of Noodles is really good too. Yes the Greek place it excellent - soup are good too and so are the slalds. And yes the guy does remind you of the soup nazi - always yelling at people. And the line to that place is only going to get longer as it gets warmer out until like half way through June, when people go on vacation. Oh, Miewah for Chinese.... really good!!

Burrito Cart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

where is this burrito cart you speak of????

:)

crank knows the whole long story of this cart, but it's on 15th and something. The burrito is fantastic!!! But the line is a little long and since it's a cart you have to eat in the park or something. But I'm up for it!!! When do you wanna go crank??

Originally posted by andre9000

is burrito cart better than Chipolte? That place makes a mean burrito....

This burrito is the best damn burrito I've ever had! Beats out all the chains here AND on the West Coast!

If it is going to be nice out - I say we do the cart! 'Course it might be a little hard to conversate after. Hmmm.....

Should we do this Thursday? Eric is gone Wed and Crank is out on Friday, right?

15th and K. Good stuff. Been gong there like 4 years, even though for the last 3 I've been in Crystal City.

I think I've tried every burrito place in the city and the cart is the best. People laugh, until they try it. The only down side for some is that there's no meat. As for Chipotle, I rank them with all the other average chain burrito's, nothing special, and their rice and salsa sucks (don't like they're tortillas either, but that's because I like mine steamed with the cheese), but their grilled chicken is tasty. Of the chains, I'd probably take Baja Fresh over Chipotle.

Originally posted by crank47

15th and K. Good stuff. Been gong there like 4 years, even though for the last 3 I've been in Crystal City.

I don't know what just happened but after reading that first sentence things went a little fuzzy. How can you use K and Crystal in the same sentence before 5pm.