Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Something to talk about tomorrow

nyis4meatheads

Well, I need to do something for the next 5 minutes while this test finishes up and before I can go home, so read this if you're bored.

So Sunday my roomate needs a ride to the train station which I happily offer. My roomate is the closest thing you'll find to a modern-day hippie, and as such he couldn't have us leave the house before his trip without an alternate plan... we'll call it "Plan B" :smoke::D

Anyway, that being said, we start off for the train station with plenty of time to spare. We go down Comm Ave, which takes forever thanks to construction, still plenty of time. I go to take a right @ Mass Ave, my roomate somehow convinces me that I should go under the road there and take a right at the next stop. I'm in a particularly agreeable mood, so I happily oblige. We take the next right and BANG, traffic like you can't imagine. Turns out the Greek Parade was running down Boylston and traffic was blocked off. So, he hops out of the car, heads for the station by foot and I proceed to sit in traffic for the next 40 minutes.

Now the point of the story :): Because traffic's blocked off I have to take a right and cruise (in gridlock) down Newbury St. It was a semi-nice day, you kind of needed a coat, but it was nice enough that I had the car windows rolled down and the sunroof open. I've got the Danny Howells CD Drew gave me on Friday (thanks Drew) blaring from my car at a slightly more-than-needed level, but no big deal. It's just then that a voice comes on the CD and says something liek "Eit hien ze uber-schweitzel, Danny Howells on ze Dance Party" and it hits me: in that moment in time I'm Eurotrash! I'm sitting in my black sports car, with my black leather jacket on, a stupid-ass pair of sunglasses, the roof down, the radio blaring dance music with a German-dubbed voice-over... if that doesn't say Eurotrash... :D

Then I remembered that I actually live in a crappy 3 bedroom apartment in Allston with bums, street houdlums, a neighbor's constantly barking dog, and a half-finished 40 of Old English on the stoop. Turns out I couldn't be further from Eurotrash... but I was scared for a minute!!!

I'm going home... hope to hear from some of you tomorrow!!! (slackers)

OMFG, that was a really funny story and hey guys I think I want Danny Howells CD????:D

Anyways, I got something not quite as funny but still a funny story about that whole Eurotrash thing. Well yesterday I was listening to Opie and Anthony and they were talking about Jim Norton's appearence at Avalon this past Friday night. Well I guess Jim Norton did his comedy thing at Avalon this Friday night, and afterward they where talking about how they where hanging in those buses on Lansdown street, and they where saying oh well Jim's appearence blah, blah, blah. And we where hanging on Lansdown after the appearence watching all those Eurotrash people going into Avalon after, and I was like hey,that was me...... Well I try not too think about myself as Eurotrash since it just sounds so dirty....:tongue:

You guys definitely going to the Pheonix Landing tomorrow night? I might think about joining you, I will have to see how I feel tomorrow...

Yeah, apparently we've got bunnies now... look out, they multiply pretty quick!

That's pretty funny that Opie and Anthony were calling everyone Eurotrash... they're just stuck-in-the-80s aging hipsters :tongue:

We go in through Axis anyway, we're not like "those" Avalon people (riiiiiight)

Interestingly enough, I WILL start to think of myself as Eurotrash... since it sounds so dirty!

I'd be up for Pheonix Landing if people want to go. It'd definitely be fun, plus I bet there's gonna be a good crowd for Porter.

The Slater remix is cool... not as good as the original, but fits into that set much better. (by the way, I've probably listened to that disk 10 times since you gave it to me! There's a ton of songs on it that he played in Axis, including Ezekial... I bet he recorded it right around the same time.)

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

Yeah, apparently we've got bunnies now... look out, they multiply pretty quick!

That's pretty funny that Opie and Anthony were calling everyone Eurotrash... they're just stuck-in-the-80s aging hipsters :tongue:

We go in through Axis anyway, we're not like "those" Avalon people (riiiiiight)

Interestingly enough, I WILL start to think of myself as Eurotrash... since it sounds so dirty!

I'd be up for Pheonix Landing if people want to go. It'd definitely be fun, plus I bet there's gonna be a good crowd for Porter.

The Slater remix is cool... not as good as the original, but fits into that set much better. (by the way, I've probably listened to that disk 10 times since you gave it to me! There's a ton of songs on it that he played in Axis, including Ezekial... I bet he recorded it right around the same time.)

Yeah it is an OK mix, different. And you know what I don't understand, why do all those people stand in the line at Avalon are they just stupid?

Sorry I lost track of you guys Friday, I kind of lost track of a few hours there:drunk:

I will have to see about tomorrow, I want to go. But, I got my bro's wedding Sat and I haven't done any of the shit I need to do yet. So I guess I am right on schedule then:laugh:

Those people who stand outside of Avalon are completely clueless! I think it's great though, I'd much rather have them all standing outside there, not clogging up the Axis line, and not clogging up the dance floor! It's like we have our own private entrance... there's NEVER a line at Axis!

Yeah, I was wondering where you were on Friday. I'd pretty much given up hope of running into you (I actually told Jess I was going to try to call you up, then realized it was like 3:30 and if you weren't at Rise by then, you weren't coming). Then, next thing I know, there you are with a CD in hand! It was too funny! :laugh:

Still have wedding 'ish to do... ouch! I hear you though, I've got all this stupid crap I have to help plan over the next few weeks. Got my friend's wedding (which I'm in = bachelor party), parent's anniversary, girlfriend's sister's engagement, YUCK! I hate planning things, such a buzz-kill!

Tomorrow night will be a crapshoot, which is ok with me. Less planning that way! :D

Originally posted by kaydup

Yeah I still got to pick up the tux, get his damn present, finish my speech, and some other crap.

Hey just gave my notice here, I am out a week from Fri:bounce:

Wow, congrats on giving your notice, that's sweet! Any idea what you're gonna do next???

I kind of lost everone Friday night too though, it was all of a sudden I turned around and couldn't find anyone... SO I looked around and was out of there, was a little:drunk:

Sorry that I didn't get to sponsor you last Friday Drew, will do so soon I promise.

Oh yeah guys, I booked mine and Mike's flight to LI on the 26th, so off to DH we go.... Friends fly free man! And it is only 2 1/2 weeks away.

Originally posted by prplhz

I kind of lost everone Friday night too though, it was all of a sudden I turned around and couldn't find anyone... SO I looked around and was out of there, was a little:drunk:

Sorry that I didn't get to sponsor you last Friday Drew, will do so soon I promise.

Oh yeah guys, I booked mine and Mike's flight to LI on the 26th, so off to DH we go.... Friends fly free man! And it is only 2 1/2 weeks away.

That's sweet... Providence to Islip, what could be easier (I used to fly into Islip EVERY week for months with my last job. That airport is so easy.. but watch out for the Nazi old-lady security guards on the way out. They were awful before Sept. 11th... I can only imagine now).

If you don't mind me asking, how much were your tickets?? I think I'm going to drive down regardless (breaking in the new car a bit), but if it's cheaper to fly then it'd be totally worth it!

That's sweet... Providence to Islip, what could be easier (I used to fly into Islip EVERY week for months with my last job. That airport is so easy.. but watch out for the Nazi old-lady security guards on the way out. They were awful before Sept. 11th... I can only imagine now).

If you don't mind me asking, how much were your tickets?? I think I'm going to drive down regardless (breaking in the new car a bit), but if it's cheaper to fly then it'd be totally worth it!

Yeah, I can't wait should be really easy. Plus, our friends live literally 10 minutes away from Islip AP, so it works out very cool. But we paid $126 for both of us, incl. everything (taxes, fees).

We just didn't want to take my car down, and his car is a beast on gas.

Originally posted by kaydup

Oh yeah I am all set. I will explain next time we chill:D

Nice... until then I'll just assume you took a job with an organized crime outfit. Just for argument's sake, let's say the Gambino family.

Congratulations on your new job. Hopefully you'll be a made man very soon.

Happy Boosting!

Nice... until then I'll just assume you took a job with an organized crime outfit. Just for argument's sake, let's say the Gambino family.

Congratulations on your new job. Hopefully you'll be a made man very soon.

Happy Boosting!

Hey how did ya know already. Well, if ya need anything takin care of let me know. And if you need some cash on the side let me know;)

--leaves to the god father theme--